[root] rooted uRamdisk for 1.1 update

Search This thread

nickveldrin

Jun 7, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
How is the adb over usb supposed to work? I replaced the uRamdisk with the one with usb for 1.1 after booting with noogie, but when i hook the nook up to my computer with usb and do "adb devices" i don't see anything.

Yeah, the xboxexpert drivers I installed for ADB over USB just mucked things up for me. Gonna stick to wifi for now, I suppose...
-e
P.S. Yay I can finally post here!

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

A big thank you to ros for this. With the ADB over WiFi uRamdisk, WiFi works again! (As does adb, doy)
-e

V

vatoamigo

hmm...

I have had some amount of success with this, but it doesn't seem to be complete. Followed instructions and copied uRamdisk wifi over, and can get adb to work over wireless, but for some reason superuser is borked. I don't think I actually have root, although when I login through adb shell, it displays the #. Gonna try to do it again.

Yeah, the xboxexpert drivers I installed for ADB over USB just mucked things up for me. Gonna stick to wifi for now, I suppose...
-e
P.S. Yay I can finally post here!

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

A big thank you to ros for this. With the ADB over WiFi uRamdisk, WiFi works again! (As does adb, doy)
-e

ros87

Oct 12, 2010
Bodø
I have had some amount of success with this, but it doesn't seem to be complete. Followed instructions and copied uRamdisk wifi over, and can get adb to work over wireless, but for some reason superuser is borked. I don't think I actually have root, although when I login through adb shell, it displays the #. Gonna try to do it again.

Not entirely sure what your mean?
If you got adb access with root prompt (#), then the uRamdisk is doing exactly what it should :)
If you need su and Superuser, then you have to add them to your system manually, this is not related to the uRamdisk.

V

vatoamigo

ah

Yeah, I suppose you're right, that's the problem. I guess I need to upload su and superuser manually. Do you have a link that shows me how to do that? I looked everywhere for a superuser.apk, but can't get market working.

UomoNero

Jul 28, 2007
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hi, BIG thanks for the file, works like a charm.

Edit (don't want to add meaningless message to this tread)
Thanks for your kindness.

Last edited:

ros87

Oct 12, 2010
Bodø
I have a strange problem with superuser, apparently installing su mess with my nook; my nook think that the battery is 0% but when i uninstall su and superuser package works fine.

I'm the only one with this problem? Is somehow related to 1.1 update?
Thanks for your kindness

That question is better asked in a new thread as it's not related to uRamdisk ;)

fwiw, I pulled su from TouchNooter and Superuser.apk from my phone and it works without problems on 1.1.0.
In your case I'd try Settings->Device Info->Erase and Deregister Device
This will force cache and databases to be rebuilt which often solves strange problems like that.

Reactions: UomoNero

sskeleton

Apr 29, 2010
Gdańsk
Can't get this to work... I've installed a fresh 1.1.0 update, changed ramdisk to support adb through usb, changed both adb_usb and android_winusb. After installing drivers when i connect my nook it shows as "Android ADB interface", but adb devices shows nothing :(

EDIT: Solved! Had to modify android_winusb a little bit more...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts