[Help] Nexus S 4G Won't mount Usb Storage.

Search This thread

Alopez_45

Jun 14, 2010
Chicago
In reality I really don't know where else to go I know that there is normally every time that you connect your phone it leads you straight into the Usb Storage now when I connect it. It just go straight into charging mode is there anything. Adb shell won't and I have to wipe it by tomorrow to send it our to Best buy! Help Please!

Rem3Dy

Jun 28, 2010
Is it rooted? If not wipe from the bootloader?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

matt2053

Dec 17, 2010
Clearwater, FL
I had this problem. Here is how I fixed it. I deleted all Android phone and USB storage drivers from my computer. Then I plugged in the phone to USB. Then I quickly removed the USB from the phone while the computer was looking for drivers. Then everything worked fine again.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

gouthamsn

Jun 10, 2011
Oh I guess u wanna backup too... if u have wifi just connect via wifi and copy files... u can access ur comp from es file explorer on wifi

shogunn

Apr 27, 2010
Wow I had this same problem about a week and a half ago. I never did find a solution. I tried multiple computers. I couldnt even unroot it because the computer did not detect it even in fastboot mode. I ended up sending it back to samsung to be repaired.

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
In reality I really don't know where else to go I know that there is normally every time that you connect your phone it leads you straight into the Usb Storage now when I connect it. It just go straight into charging mode is there anything. Adb shell won't and I have to wipe it by tomorrow to send it our to Best buy! Help Please!

What data are you trying to backup? I would go into recovery, wipe data/cache, reflash the ROM, then test it.
You can backup apps/settings with titanium backup before you wipe.

;)

Hey buddy youre not alone, mine is doing the same. Get a USB device not recognised error. Not found a solution yet

anaglich

Sep 12, 2010
Detroit
I too am not able to achieve a data transfer. I am running cm7 nightlies with Matrix kernel. Thought it was my cable going bad - replaced it and still no luck.

SA-07

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2010
I'm assuming ur on bfs

Bfs causes this. Go cfs

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

corythug

Aug 2, 2011
PA
I've tried it all to get my phone connected. It only works in bootloader.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

vdub804

Sep 2, 2008
I had this problem I fixed it by removing the battery plug usb to phone and computer then reinsert the battery then turn on the phone. I ran into this problem when I upgraded to 2.3.7

Reactions: lukazar

jaestreetss

Apr 4, 2011
New York
Google Pixel 6a
Ihad that same problem the only fix for me was calling sprint then they sent me to a repair shop which COULDN'T fix it so they mailed one to the repair center & I got a new one

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

anaglich

Sep 12, 2010
Detroit
Fixed mine with some serious cleaning of the USB port. I also tried buying a new cable, downloading drivers, etc. in the end, it was just a bad connection.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

corythug

Aug 2, 2011
PA
I've tried many cables, almost positive mine is a pure driver issue.

cheesiepoof

Apr 25, 2011
Denver
I've tried absolutely everything in this thread. Lost USB connectivity completely on my phone. Doesn't matter what machine, what OS, or what cable, or what drivers are installed. I'm assuming it must be a hardware issue at this point. Doesn't even work in bootloader.

For those updating OTA to 2.3.6 via OTA and needing to re-root their phones, make sure you're not having this issue. Being stuck without root is a pain in the ass!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this problem I fixed it by removing the battery plug usb to phone and computer then reinsert the battery then turn on the phone. I ran into this problem when I upgraded to 2.3.7

Clean your USB port on your nexus! Clean it well.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium