[Application] Eris Master Application [R00T] - 6/20/10

Search This thread

ECLIPS3

Jan 29, 2010
Rochester, NY
This is NOT for those on 2.1 leak. It is ONLY for those on 1.5 Stock or 2.1 OTA OS version.

This is a Windows Only version. We are porting it to JAVA now for cross platform compatibility.

Major update - Re Uploaded the App

We have brought back the Eris Master App as the Android Master App. It has a new name in preparation for support for more Android devices. We are working on fixing the XP bug where files wont download. Until we get a full fix working, DO NOT USE IF YOUR ON WINDOWS XP Stay tuned for updates. We have also included an Error Log handling feature. If there are any errors, it will try to automatically send us an email with the log file. If it cannot send us the email, the log file will pop up for you so you can get in contact with us and send us the log so we can fix the issue.

Again, if you are on Windows XP, DO NOT USE. We have been getting a lot of email logs from those on XP, and we know its not working, so dont bother wasting your time trying to see if it works.

Download the application from here: http://tinyurl.com/2doknnb then run the self extracting .exe zip file, and let it extract to its default location, which is c:\AMA\ then go into the folder there and run the application. Select a ROM to download, and the Root Image, and Recovery Image, then start the downloads.

If you need any support, it is always available on the IRC server.
You can also follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/THE_ECLIPS3

Check the thread and the IRC server for updates.

ECLIPS3 and Jamezelle

- Fixed files not downloading in windows XP a little bit more, full fix in works
- Fixes a few minor bug fixes
- Streamlined the code more

This App is being worked on by ECLIPS3 and Jamezelle

We are now on Google Code. Please visit the page here to let us know of any bugs / errors you get while using the app. It is not meant to help you solve your problem there. That is what this thread or our IRC server is for. The IRC server login info is at the bottom of my signature. A web based IRC server is available through this link.

On step 2, when you get to the part of doing the update. our app will tell you to push volume up to start update. you might also have to push the trackball in as well. the link will say <action> YES. push trackball in to start update.

- Market updates for apps. (coming soon)
We have figured out how to restore apps, and restore market update links, need to roll it into the app, but it is possible. We might even have a way to restore links for those non root. Any other app that does market update links requires root first to backup the links.

UPDATE 5/5/2010

Version 2.1 (released 5/5/2010)

Files are now hosted on http://android.grdlock.net

-Fixed where app wont upload custom rom to phone
-New download links for files
-Ability to download roms via app, instead of including them
-Choose what rom to install easier
-Download of ROOT Image instead of including it
-Progress bar for downloads
-Splash Image install
-Cleaned up a lot of the code
-Many bug fixes
-Made user interaction a lot more friendly
-Fix device not found in app.
-Check if phone is connected to PC. If not, setup will not continue.
-Fixed spelling issue.

We have now finished the core of the Application. What it consists of is a GUI (Graphical User Interface) to make going from 1.5 stock to 2.1 root with a custom ROM installed. There is also an easy way to reboot your phone, enter the recovery mode, and enter the bootloader mode. Finally the third part available in this release is a way to backup all of your applications along with restoring all of them. Currently this is root only. We do have an update coming to backup apps for non root.

For rooting there is a 4 step process. Just go through the steps, one at a time and make sure you read and pay attention to the instructions.

We will be adding more functionality and options to this application. Stay tuned for future updates. If there is an update, just re download the whole app.

Please let us know of any bugs or options you would like to see in the application and we will do what we can to add those in or fix those bugs.

Prereq's for using the application:

You must have Microsoft .NET version 4. Direct Download Link

Then also download the drivers file. Unzip it to your desktop. Follow these instructions on how to install a driver. Select have disc, then navigate to your desktop, inside the corresponding folder, and continue the prompts.

Requests

- Support for other android phones.
- Save Layout and Scenes. (Working on now)
- backup apps for those NOT ROOTED (Have it working. need to roll it into an update)
- Restore email settings for Gmail and HTC Mail (Working on now)
- Download speed for file downloads
- Boot andimations (new name for animations)
- Progress bar for copying files to sdcard

Last edited:

ch4sethe5un

Mar 17, 2010
Millbrae
So i tried this out and it works great. It is a really nice addition to the anyones android tool set.

I did notice that once i reinstalled all apps it did take quite a long time to load all of them again... 5 minutes. That was ok though because it saved me alot more time from having to download and install all of them again. I did i reboot too just to make sure.

Thanks a lot for this script! :D

note: put the scripts in your sdk\tools section on your computer.

Last edited:

ECLIPS3

Jan 29, 2010
Rochester, NY
So i tried this out and it works great. It is a really nice addition to the anyones android tool set.

I did notice that once i reinstalled all apps it did take quite a long time to load all of them again... 5 minutes. That was ok thought because it saved me alot more time from having to download and install all of them again. I did i reboot too just to make sure.

Thanks for your feedback. I am working on creating a standalone application for backing up the apps, reinstalling, rebooting, rebooting into bootloader and recovery. It will also be able to install the bootanimation files amongst other things. hopefully i will be able to have it do the rooting process as well. though im not sure how often that will be used considering most have already rooted their phones. if some people would like to vote on those options and let me know what they want as well as requests for other features that would be great.

ch4sethe5un

Mar 17, 2010
Millbrae
bootanimation is good and boot image logo like in here, maybe?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=654042

though im not sure how often that will be used considering most have already rooted their phones.

Thats not necessarily true, because 'all people' aren't trolling the internet like we are all the time. :D

So im sure there are people that dont even know we have root access on the eris. I bet there are also a ton of people that dont know what root is and even how to go about it, so an automated system would be a great addition.

Most of the world is not technology oriented. Think of (most)Best Buy shoppers.. hahah (i used to sell computers there) They look for someone to 'deal' with the tech for them. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

iamgodnkg

Apr 15, 2010
i may just be a ritard but i plug my phone in to computer with debugged mode on, i have the skd driver thing updated and my sd card is mounted and it says error device not found any idea wat im doing wrong like i said im a ritard lol thanks guys yall do amazing work keep it up!!!!!!:D

ch4sethe5un

Mar 17, 2010
Millbrae
i may just be a ritard but i plug my phone in to computer with debugged mode on, i have the skd driver thing updated and my sd card is mounted and it says error device not found any idea wat im doing wrong like i said im a ritard lol thanks guys yall do amazing work keep it up!!!!!!:D

dont mount your sd just leave it ur phone on charge. And follow the instructions that are mentioned in the script before you start it.

ECLIPS3

Jan 29, 2010
Rochester, NY
I the core of the app done which is going from stock 1.5 to 2.1 root, with recovery image and new rom installing. i have a few people beta testing it for me. once i make sure it is stable for the XDA community i will release that with periodic update of new features.

I the core of the app done which is going from stock 1.5 to 2.1 root, with recovery image and new rom installing. i have a few people beta testing it for me. once i make sure it is stable for the XDA community i will release that with periodic update of new features.

I was having issues using the scripts to backup on aloysius 2.0 port I did yesterday. It refused to backup; I'm not sure why..

ECLIPS3

Jan 29, 2010
Rochester, NY
I was having issues using the scripts to backup on aloysius 2.0 port I did yesterday. It refused to backup; I'm not sure why..

the rom you ported, its a hero rom? thats probably why because i have found that roms that have been ported from other devices have issues with my scripts, which is because of how the rom and its core are built. will try and add that functionality at some point.

for everyone else. these scripts only are verified to work on eris based roms and legend based roms.

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
Nice work!

I did notice that once i reinstalled all apps it did take quite a long time to load all of them again... 5 minutes. That was ok though because it saved me alot more time from having to download and install all of them again. I did i reboot too just to make sure.

On fresh installs, or after wiping, it takes some time to build up the cache again.

TDianna

Sep 12, 2008
Toms River, NJ
Eris Master App update file

The update file can not be found.

he requested URL /Eris_Master_App_By_ECLIPS3.exe was not found on this server.

ECLIPS3

Jan 29, 2010
Rochester, NY
Re: [Application] Eris Master Application

The update file can not be found.

he requested URL /Eris_Master_App_By_ECLIPS3.exe was not found on this server.

that is because I don't have an update for it yet.

Sent from my Eris using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

TDianna

Sep 12, 2008
Toms River, NJ
Eris Master App update file

ECLIPS3,

Ok....Well my Eris now has the latest 2.1 ROM and when I ran the program it told me that the ROM installed is older that the one being installed. So if I replace the newer rom in the upload/root folder should I be ok?

-Tony

ECLIPS3

Jan 29, 2010
Rochester, NY

Are you on 2.1 leak, 1.5, or 2.1 root? This only works on 2.1. The file in the root folder is the 2.1 root image. In rom folder is custom roms to install. An update will be released today.

ECLIPS3

Jan 29, 2010
Rochester, NY

I hate to say it but please read first post again. It will be answered for you.