[ROM][AOSP] Vicious-Toro V1- CM 10 kangs-- Discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dcyouknow

Apr 10, 2010
Orlando, FL
Only glitch I seem to be running into is with MMS...I can't seem to receive them. It's weird.

Other than that, this is running pretty great so far!

hogowner

Jul 13, 2010
NYC #1

techbeck

Aug 22, 2009
Well, was not as easy as I hoped getting back to my ICS build. Nandroid restore kept giving me this error on all my backups.

"Error while restoring /data!"

So I had to go back to stock 4.0.4, reroot, and then restore my backups. PITA but could of been worse.

Anyone else having problems with restore, just follow this guide....

http://www.familytidings.com/blog/?p=897

Tmooey

Oct 26, 2010
V1, su flash, Wi-Fi fix flash. Really enjoying jelly bean, have had a random reboot while playing a game, also rebooted manually once and it stuck at the Google unlock screen-had to battery pull and it came back up ok.

I did the same thing as you sofar, no random reboots, but my first reboot had me stuck on the google logo for almost 6-8 minutes. After that though it just went to the new boot screen. So maybe give it some time?

fordmanck

Feb 18, 2010
Seminole, FL
Well, was not as easy as I hoped getting back to my ICS build. Nandroid restore kept giving me this error on all my backups.

"Error while restoring /data!"

So I had to go back to stock 4.0.4, reroot, and then restore my backups. PITA but could of been worse.

Anyone else having problems with restore, just follow this guide....

http://www.familytidings.com/blog/?p=897

I've had a hell of a time too. I actually had the phone lock up and I had to pull the battery to shut it off. When it came back on it was looping. So I went to recovery and did an assortment of things but nothing worked, not even restoring to my ICS backup. After doing full wipes and system formats and reflashing the JB Rom it booted back up finally and all of my data was still there. I was using TWRP and I'm not sure if that's the problem but I went ahead and flashed CWM for this build. I was also having issues mounting the sdcard after the wipes, I would have to reboot the recovery to mount the sd to flash anything.

kimboinatl

Dec 25, 2010
Atlanta
The first time I flashed CWM Touch and erased data/cache/dalvik and installed zip over the 4.0.4 OTA. Did this twice.

After having major issues, I re-installed 4.0.2 from Google using fastboot bootloader commands to push each file separately, then booted and installed 4.0.4 OTA again. Flashed CWM touch, mounted and formatted system/data/cache/dalvik, installed v2 zip and stock JB kernel again. Still busted.

That's really weird. Does the MD5 of the V2 zip you have match up? And the stock kernel? Only suggestion I would have is to maybe check that, then try superwipe (I think it just does data/cache/dalvik but it may also wipe something you may have missed - can't hurt to try).

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

So far so good! Running it with V2. No choppiness.

opc3000

May 14, 2012
No camera as in it says "app not installed"? What happens? I got the "app not installed" when I clicked on the camera icon in my dock, but I was able to get to it in my app drawer. So I just deleted it from the dock and put it back in again.

Well, there's a camera icon on the lock screen, I look in the app drawer and there's no camera installed. After restoring to last backup, I backed up the camera on Titanium, clean installed 4.1 again, still no camera installed, no camera in the app drawer but still a camera icon on the lock screen. I've downloading 4.1v2 from xda as well as rootwiki, still no cigar.

Charm8er

Jan 11, 2011
Has anyone been able to login to the My Verizon App? I restored my Verizon login and downloaded the app from the store, It tells me "services temporarily not available" when on WiFi and "no free vzw connection" on 3g.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

kimboinatl

Dec 25, 2010
Atlanta
Well, there's a camera icon on the lock screen, I look in the app drawer and there's no camera installed. After restoring to last backup, I backed up the camera on Titanium, clean installed 4.1 again, still no camera installed, no camera in the app drawer but still a camera icon on the lock screen. I've downloading 4.1v2 from xda as well as rootwiki, still no cigar.

Strange. Wonder why people are having such bizarre results here and there. I can try uploading the camera APK, hang on.

techbeck

Aug 22, 2009
Ok, after a bunch if screwing around....I am back on ICS.

JB was great, fast...smooth...but just had to many minor issues that were just to much to deal with on a day to day basis.

LED notifications were not working. Probably LightFlow just needs an update. Every time I restarted the phone, I had to disabled/enable LightFlow in accessibility in order for the LEDs to work. Then, when I get a text...the LED never shuts off until I open LightFlow. Sometimes, I cannot get the LEDs to work at all.

Random FCs when editing contacts.

Says "R" instead of "3g" by the signal icon

Several Apps do not work

Text messages and emails are delayed. Takes several minutes to get texts and then like 5 come in at once. Have to manually refresh gmail at times.

Can be sluggish at times even on stock kernel and I tried several Francos as well. This will probably eventually be resolved when the official JB gets leaked for Verizon.

All in all, best pre-release of a new OS version I have seen. I may try and steal of few of the apps from JB and see if they will work in ICS.

pypen

Feb 8, 2009
My second time I rebooted jb, it hung for around 4 minutes in the Google screen, then it started up fine.

Milly7

Oct 21, 2010
Is everyone having issues wiping more than once? I haven't had any issues with apps or restores

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

rjskalet

Feb 13, 2011
VCU
Ok, after a bunch if screwing around....I am back on ICS.

JB was great, fast...smooth...but just had to many minor issues that were just to much to deal with on a day to day basis.

LED notifications were not working. Probably LightFlow just needs an update. Every time I restarted the phone, I had to disabled/enable LightFlow in accessibility in order for the LEDs to work. Then, when I get a text...the LED never shuts off until I open LightFlow. Sometimes, I cannot get the LEDs to work at all.

Random FCs when editing contacts.

Says "R" instead of "3g" by the signal icon

Several Apps do not work

Text messages and emails are delayed. Takes several minutes to get texts and then like 5 come in at once. Have to manually refresh gmail at times.

Can be sluggish at times even on stock kernel and I tried several Francos as well. This will probably eventually be resolved when the official JB gets leaked for Verizon.

All in all, best pre-release of a new OS version I have seen. I may try and steal of few of the apps from JB and see if they will work in ICS.

this is so odd i came from aokp and i have not one of these problems except for light flow not turning off after i receive a message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts