[APP] AnyTAG NFC Launcher

Search This thread

wedjohn57

Jun 17, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
www.xtrasec.com
What is AnyTAG NFC Launcher?
AnyTAG NFC Launcher is a task launcher app which lets you start tasks by scanning NFC tags.

What can AnyTAG NFC Launcher do?
✔ Bluetooth (on/off/toggle)
✔ Bluetooth discoverable (on)
✔ WiFi (on/off/toggle)
✔ WiFi Hotspot (on/off/toggle)
✔ Connect to specific WiFi SSID
✔ Mobile data (on/off/toggle)
✔ Airplane mode (on)
✔ GPS (on/off/toggle)
✔ Capture photo (front/back camera)
✔ Screenshot - root only (Beta)
✔ Launch an app
✔ Launch an activity
✔ Make a call or USSD
✔ Send an SMS
✔ Open a web page
✔ Navigation
✔ Launch tasker
✔ Silent mode (off/vibrate/mute)
✔ Set volume (ringer/notification/media/alarm)
✔ Auto rotate screen (on/off/toggle)
✔ Auto brightness (on/off/toggle)
✔ set screen brightness
✔ Stay Awake While Charging (on/off/toggle)
✔ Auto sync (on/off/toggle)
✔ Car mode (on/off/toggle)
✔ Display Timeout
And many more feature will add in future updates.

Why AnyTAG NFC Launcher is unique?
"AnyTAG" means you can use any NFC tags. Yes you hear it right, any NFC tags, no matter it is locked or not re-writable.

How AnyTAG NFC Launcher works?
Every NFC tags come with a unique tag ID.
Instead of writing task/action into the NFC tags like what other does.
AnyTAG NFC Launcher let user stored list of tasks and tied it with the NFC tag ID. So when user scanned NFC tag, AnyTAG will recognize the tag ID and perform configured tasks accordingly.
No modification of NFC tags stored data at all.

Why we created AnyTAG NFC Launcher?
We created this simply because we want you save money not to buy expensive NFC tags.
We actually surrounding with a lot of NFC tags,
For example in Malaysia:
✔ Nationality ID (MyKAD)
✔ Payment Card (Touch&Go)
✔ Transit Token (RapidKL)
✔ Parking Token
✔ Members Card
✔ PayPass Credit Card
✔ Visa Wave Credit Card

Benefit of AnyTAG NFC Launcher?
✔ Make your life easier
✔ Save money
✔ Existing NFC tags re-useable
✔ No tag memory size limit
✔ Environment friendly

Download link:
Google Play Store

♥ Want to have AnyTAG in your own language? Unfortunately, I can't speak every languages. Please contact me if you willing to help.

Brilliant ideas & bug report are welcome!!!

XDA Review Video

Last edited:

da_jojo

Nov 19, 2006
Utrecht
houseofyu.nl
ov-chipkaart netherlands

i installed this program on my new sIII 32gb and works fine with latest stockrom build IMM76D

nice addition to this is one can use the ov-chipkaart here in netherlands
with this program one can add m.9292.nl to the ov-chipkaart so it would go straight to the website on touch of the chipkaart to the back of the phone :highfive: note: cannot write the chipcard without the proper security key B(this can read and write and is found in the blue boxes) (A is only for reading.. this yellow boxes in the busses) . so dont worry about ruinin the chipcard, it just reads the serialnr and data of the card which is then be used for recognition of the card. it does not write or alter anything on the chipcard itself, however with right key and writer prog it would work :cowboy::angel::D
just briljant..

wedjohn57

Jun 17, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
www.xtrasec.com
i installed this program on my new sIII 32gb and works fine with latest stockrom build IMM76D

nice addition to this is one can use the ov-chipkaart here in netherlands
with this program one can add m.9292.nl to the ov-chipkaart so it would go straight to the website on touch of the chipkaart to the back of the phone :highfive: note: cannot write the chipcard without the proper security key B(this can read and write and is found in the blue boxes) (A is only for reading.. this yellow boxes in the busses) . so dont worry about ruinin the chipcard, it just reads the serialnr and data of the card which is then be used for recognition of the card. it does not write or alter anything on the chipcard itself, however with right key and writer prog it would work :cowboy::angel::D
just briljant..

Thanks for trying out and review;)

jimbobtexas

May 10, 2010
Carrollton
So how does the launcher work after you've created tasks for the tag? In other words, AnyTAG isn't the default app associated with NFC, so it doesn't automatically start up when scanning a tag from the home screen. When I scan a tag set up in AnyTAG, I'm prompted to go to Google Play, because the tag doesn't have anything written to it.

How to I make AnyTAG the associated app for "blank" tags?

jjohns63

Aug 2, 2010
Austin
I'd like to use this app with the Samsung TecTiles (http://goo.gl/5ECmQ) but am having an issue. The tags launch the Play Store if you don't have the Samsung app installed. So, I can set up the task in AnyNFC using one of the tags, but when I try to use the tag, it just launches the Play Store instead of performing the AnyNFC task. Of course, if I install the Samsung app, it just tries to execute the task programmed by Samsung, not AnyNFC. Any ideas on how I could get AnyNFC to take priority?
I can send a logcat if it would help debug or find a workaround.

jjohns63

Aug 2, 2010
Austin
After doing some more investigation, I see how the Samsung app is working. Basically there is a preprogrammed NDEF record that is somehow associated to the Play Store, and a package name. Great, that launches the market, but how does the Samsung app process the tag after programming, before the Play Store is launched?
These two lines pretty much give it away:
Code:
I/NfcDispatcher(  673): matched AAR to NDEF
I/ActivityManager(  362): START {act=android.nfc.action.NDEF_DISCOVERED dat=tectile://www.samsung.com/us/microsite/tectile/error?action=settings&bluetooth=on&description=null pkg=com.samsung.tectile cmp=com.samsung.tectile/.TagReaderActivity (has extras) u=0} from pid 673
It seems that the programmed NdefRecord has a payload with some data (the "tectile://" part). Unprogrammed TecTiles have a single payload with a samsung.com web address that redirects to the Play Store.

Now, according to the Android developer docs, the intent ACTION_NDEF_DISCOVERED is launched before any others, and if something handles the intent, then no further intents are attempted. This is where I get stuck. How to get the AnyTAG app to respond to http:// intents or other intents already found on a tag?
Hopefully this helps and something can be done. I'd really like to use this app, or another as the Samsung app is not very comprehensive and limited to one "category" of actions per tag.

EDIT:
One thing I quickly tried was decompiling the APK and adding
Code:
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.nfc.action.NDEF_DISCOVERED" />
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                <data android:scheme="tectile" android:host="www.samsung.com" android:path="/us/microsite/tectile/error" />
            </intent-filter>
to AndroidManifest.xml, in order to match the Samsung app, but it had no effect. Not sure why.

Last edited:

wedjohn57

Jun 17, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
www.xtrasec.com
So how does the launcher work after you've created tasks for the tag? In other words, AnyTAG isn't the default app associated with NFC, so it doesn't automatically start up when scanning a tag from the home screen. When I scan a tag set up in AnyTAG, I'm prompted to go to Google Play, because the tag doesn't have anything written to it.

How to I make AnyTAG the associated app for "blank" tags?

May I know what Tag are you using?

Is app can support screen locked phone (sleep)?

Not for official rom. some custom rom do allow that.

After doing some more investigation, I see how the Samsung app is working. Basically there is a preprogrammed NDEF record that is somehow associated to the Play Store, and a package name. Great, that launches the market, but how does the Samsung app process the tag after programming, before the Play Store is launched?
These two lines pretty much give it away:
Code:
I/NfcDispatcher(  673): matched AAR to NDEF
I/ActivityManager(  362): START {act=android.nfc.action.NDEF_DISCOVERED dat=tectile://www.samsung.com/us/microsite/tectile/error?action=settings&bluetooth=on&description=null pkg=com.samsung.tectile cmp=com.samsung.tectile/.TagReaderActivity (has extras) u=0} from pid 673
It seems that the programmed NdefRecord has a payload with some data (the "tectile://" part). Unprogrammed TecTiles have a single payload with a samsung.com web address that redirects to the Play Store.

Now, according to the Android developer docs, the intent ACTION_NDEF_DISCOVERED is launched before any others, and if something handles the intent, then no further intents are attempted. This is where I get stuck. How to get the AnyTAG app to respond to http:// intents or other intents already found on a tag?
Hopefully this helps and something can be done. I'd really like to use this app, or another as the Samsung app is not very comprehensive and limited to one "category" of actions per tag.

EDIT:
One thing I quickly tried was decompiling the APK and adding
Code:
            <intent-filter>
                <data android:scheme="tectile" android:host="www.samsung.com" android:path="/us/microsite/tectile/error" />
            </intent-filter>
to AndroidManifest.xml, in order to match the Samsung app, but it had no effect. Not sure why.

i do not have tagtile tag, if you don't mind i can compile a version for you with the tagtile intent filter. I suspect the same.

Picolini

Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix
Not working on VZW Galaxy Nexus 4.1, build JRN84D.

The app runs fine, detects a protected NFC tag on a mouse pad I got. Allows me to set a different action. But when I tap the phone to try the action (any type available) it still does the default action programmed to the tag, which is launch a webpage.

randomguy101

Mar 26, 2010
Great app OP, just tried it with my student card which has visa paypass on it and works flawlessly. I'm looking for alarm setting functionality, so I can have a sticker for each day and have it set an alarm at different times every morning.

JuniorBevins

Sep 21, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Good, but some hiccups

Hey there,

Just watched your XDA TV and definiately was curious. I also just found out that my Samsung TecTiles came so I was excited there too! I have a Galaxy SIII (VZW) and once I opened the package the glich happened.

What I'm guessing is that the TecTiles are preprogrammed to send you to download the Samsung App. This superceeds AnyTAG. Once I downloaded it I could use your app. But if anything is programmed on the TecTile it won't launch your app.

Also I'm having forced closing issues. I set up on a lil crazy:
1) Toggle the Wifi
2)Take a picture with the front camera
3) Launch a music player
4)Hit play
5) send a test text message

After it saves the picture then it force closes. I believe it's the camera action. I send a Google Report for you. If I knew how to export it from a stock phone I would.

This may be a noob thing as well but I also tried out NFC Task Launcher, and their tasks take over your launcher too if it's programmed by it.

Geat App, let me know if there is anything else you need.

willylatorre

Jul 8, 2009
Barcelona
www.ready2root.com
Hello! I have the same isue that another user: after configuring the tags with AnyTAG NFC Launcher, when I san it again, it launches the default instruccions that where written and not the ones asigned in AnyTAG.

I am currently using a Nexus 7, maybe this can be the problem?

jjohns63

Aug 2, 2010
Austin
Hi all, I made a new release. you can get it from google play store.

changelog:
added - car mode
bug fixed - tagtiles (need those have tagtiles tag to verify)
bug fixed - camera capture force closed on some phone model

Well it did not fix the Tectiles for me. Both programmed and unprogrammed. The programmed ones will still either open the Tectiles app, or if that is disabled/uninstalled, the Play Store. Unprogrammed tags open a web browser that redirects to the Play Store.

Here is the full AndroidManifest.xml from the tectiles app, in case you haven't looked at it yourself: http://pastebin.com/eXSex2ER. Maybe you can see something that I can't.

Thanks for your help

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

wedjohn57

Jun 17, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
www.xtrasec.com
Well it did not fix the Tectiles for me. Both programmed and unprogrammed. The programmed ones will still either open the Tectiles app, or if that is disabled/uninstalled, the Play Store. Unprogrammed tags open a web browser that redirects to the Play Store.

Here is the full AndroidManifest.xml from the tectiles app, in case you haven't looked at it yourself: http://pastebin.com/eXSex2ER. Maybe you can see something that I can't.

Thanks for your help

Yeah, I actually include tectile intent-filter into AnyTAG. it seems like doesn't help too. give me some time to figure out.

This is what i include into AnyTAG manifest:
Code:
<intent-filter android:label="@string/app_name">
                <data android:scheme="http" android:host="www.samsung.com" android:path="/us/microsite/tectile/error" />
            </intent-filter>
            </intent-filter>

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is AnyTAG NFC Launcher?
    AnyTAG NFC Launcher is a task launcher app which lets you start tasks by scanning NFC tags.

What can AnyTAG NFC Launcher do?
    ✔ Bluetooth (on/off/toggle)
    ✔ Bluetooth discoverable (on)
    ✔ WiFi (on/off/toggle)
    ✔ WiFi Hotspot (on/off/toggle)
    ✔ Connect to specific WiFi SSID
    ✔ Mobile data (on/off/toggle)
    ✔ Airplane mode (on)
    ✔ GPS (on/off/toggle)
    ✔ Capture photo (front/back camera)
    ✔ Screenshot - root only (Beta)
    ✔ Launch an app
    ✔ Launch an activity
    ✔ Make a call or USSD
    ✔ Send an SMS
    ✔ Open a web page
    ✔ Navigation
    ✔ Launch tasker
    ✔ Silent mode (off/vibrate/mute)
    ✔ Set volume (ringer/notification/media/alarm)
    ✔ Auto rotate screen (on/off/toggle)
    ✔ Auto brightness (on/off/toggle)
    ✔ set screen brightness
    ✔ Stay Awake While Charging (on/off/toggle)
    ✔ Auto sync (on/off/toggle)
    ✔ Car mode (on/off/toggle)
    ✔ Display Timeout
    And many more feature will add in future updates.

Why AnyTAG NFC Launcher is unique?
    "AnyTAG" means you can use any NFC tags. Yes you hear it right, any NFC tags, no matter it is locked or not re-writable.

How AnyTAG NFC Launcher works?
    Every NFC tags come with a unique tag ID.
    Instead of writing task/action into the NFC tags like what other does.
    AnyTAG NFC Launcher let user stored list of tasks and tied it with the NFC tag ID. So when user scanned NFC tag, AnyTAG will recognize the tag ID and perform configured tasks accordingly.
    No modification of NFC tags stored data at all.

Why we created AnyTAG NFC Launcher?
    We created this simply because we want you save money not to buy expensive NFC tags.
    We actually surrounding with a lot of NFC tags,
    For example in Malaysia:
    ✔ Nationality ID (MyKAD)
    ✔ Payment Card (Touch&Go)
    ✔ Transit Token (RapidKL)
    ✔ Parking Token
    ✔ Members Card
    ✔ PayPass Credit Card
    ✔ Visa Wave Credit Card

Benefit of AnyTAG NFC Launcher?
    ✔ Make your life easier
    ✔ Save money
    ✔ Existing NFC tags re-useable
    ✔ No tag memory size limit
    ✔ Environment friendly

Download link:
    Google Play Store

♥ Want to have AnyTAG in your own language? Unfortunately, I can't speak every languages. Please contact me if you willing to help.

Brilliant ideas & bug report are welcome!!!

XDA Review Video

changelog:
    added - car mode

changelog:
    added - car mode

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help

Yeah, I actually include tectile intent-filter into AnyTAG. it seems like doesn't help too. give me some time to figure out.

This is what i include into AnyTAG manifest:
    Code:
                    <data android:scheme="http" android:host="www.samsung.com" android:path="/us/microsite/tectile/error" />
                </intent-filter>
                </intent-filter>