[Q] SD icon (Top right ) keeps showing red x

Search This thread

hakam3akasheh

Apr 28, 2013
Hi
My SD icon keeps showing a red x as if no SD is inserted. The SD I use is Samsung 64 GB Class 10.
It is recognized whenever "storage" is pressed under settings, I'm just wondering why and whether anyone else had this problem.

Thanks

Skogstoken

Apr 27, 2014
Hi
My SD icon keeps showing a red x as if no SD is inserted. The SD I use is Samsung 64 GB Class 10.
It is recognized whenever "storage" is pressed under settings, I'm just wondering why and whether anyone else had this problem.

Thanks

Hmm are you sure that the icon you think is the sd-card might actually be the icon for a sim-card? If you have the LTE version but no sim-card there I think you will get an icon with a red x over it!

hakam3akasheh

Apr 28, 2013
Hmm are you sure that the icon you think is the sd-card might actually be the icon for a sim-card? If you have the LTE version but no sim-card there I think you will get an icon with a red x over it!

I have the LTE version and that too shows a red cross but I do not have a sim card, so that's expected. I tried another SD card, a 5 GB and this was also recognized but the red x remained. I can upload a picture (screenshot) if possible and if needed. Thx again

Skogstoken

Apr 27, 2014
I have the LTE version and that too shows a red cross but I do not have a sim card, so that's expected. I tried another SD card, a 5 GB and this was also recognized but the red x remained. I can upload a picture (screenshot) if possible and if needed. Thx again

Hmm I was almost certain that it was the sim card. Sure, upload a picture if you want but I'm out of ideas hehe.

jlariviere

Mar 27, 2008
Rocklin
Just throwing out some ideas... Have you rebooted with the device with the card in / was it powered on when you inserted the sd card? If it's empty, and you format it in the device, would it go away?

hakam3akasheh

Apr 28, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-28-21-17-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-28-21-17-41.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 519