[Q] Guide to Unrooting and S-ON’ing the HTC Salsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
Unrooting is easy. Reverting s-off back to s-on Not been done or tested on this phone. And No offence I'm not going to either. U have already got unlocked bootloader anyway. So u shouldn't have s-off..... Or have u bought the clip and done it lol, but seriously if u want to Unroot follow any guide to re installing stock Ruu on HTC.
To lock your bootloader, redo the steps to unlock it. But this time the last cmd is changed and voila, locked. U will have to lock it before you do stock Ruu as you will also wipe out the cwm recovery off your phone, but as I said before, becareful, and follow instructions carefully.
If you wish to do this then Good luck ;-)

Wasn't me............ ;-)

parveshmalik

May 14, 2012
I got error 155 while updating through ruu

hello all
First of all thanks to xda dev's for running such a nice site.
i some how manage to unlock my htc salsa with the help of xda but now facing problems with apps and os of the all apps crashes frequently after changing sdcard to 16 gb class 6 (Samsung) then i decided to revert to stock rom and also managed to get original rom of htc but every time it gives error 155 (image size is greater then rom size) dont know what to do now seniors plz help the phone is really irritating me.:(

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
hello all
First of all thanks to xda dev's for running such a nice site.
i some how manage to unlock my htc salsa with the help of xda but now facing problems with apps and os of the all apps crashes frequently after changing sdcard to 16 gb class 6 (Samsung) then i decided to revert to stock rom and also managed to get original rom of htc but every time it gives error 155 (image size is greater then rom size) dont know what to do now seniors plz help the phone is really irritating me.:(

ok...that wasn't a wise idea..what state is it in....do u have recovery? what have you done...sounds to me like a hasty fudge up....
list up whats been done and installed...i should be able to correct it with you

Mesopotamian

Aug 15, 2012
Need help unrooting my rooted salsa

Hi, I recently brought a used HTC Salsa which I beleive is rooted. It seems to be using a Wildfire S ROM and I wanted to unroot to a stock ROM.

So far I'v tried to use the RUU provided for the Salsa on HTCDEV.com but i get this message "ERROR [191] ROM IS NOT SUPPORTED" I also tried the solution provided on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1437545 but those two files don't seem to exist with the RUU provided for the Salsa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
Hi, I recently brought a used HTC Salsa which I beleive is rooted. It seems to be using a Wildfire S ROM and I wanted to unroot to a stock ROM.

So far I'v tried to use the RUU provided for the Salsa on HTCDEV.com but i get this message "ERROR [191] ROM IS NOT SUPPORTED" I also tried the solution provided on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1437545 but those two files don't seem to exist with the RUU provided for the Salsa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ok...where did you get it from? phone wise
try this and see what happens, remove battery, reinsert battery, hold the volume key down and press power on.
Hboot will come up...scan and stop...copy off all the details you see.
now using volume key scroll down and select recovery second option underneath first highlighted.
if you go into a custom recovery then chances are you have root and some random rom installed.
with the phone on, go to settings, about phone, software, it will show you there what the name of the rom is, normally the owners name or design is there.

with this info we maybe able to sort something out for you....

Mesopotamian

Aug 15, 2012
ok...where did you get it from? phone wise
try this and see what happens, remove battery, reinsert battery, hold the volume key down and press power on.
Hboot will come up...scan and stop...copy off all the details you see.
now using volume key scroll down and select recovery second option underneath first highlighted.
if you go into a custom recovery then chances are you have root and some random rom installed.
with the phone on, go to settings, about phone, software, it will show you there what the name of the rom is, normally the owners name or design is there.

with this info we maybe able to sort something out for you....

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I got it from an e-bay style website in New Zealand, it's probably imported as this model is not available in NZ.

From Hboot I can see:

*** UNLOCKED ***
I CON_G PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.08.0000
MICROP-0558
RADIO-7.51.35.19
Dec 16 2011,16:12:07

After going into recovery, I would say it is rooted. I don't know what an original recovery page looks like but this one says:

CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.6

Now going into settings and software information, i see:

Android Version

HTC Sense version

Software number
m1ndh4x8r2180

Theres another menu that says baseband, kernal, etc. if you need any information from there.

Thanks again for your help.

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I got it from an e-bay style website in New Zealand, it's probably imported as this model is not available in NZ.

From Hboot I can see:

*** UNLOCKED ***
I CON_G PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.08.0000
MICROP-0558
RADIO-7.51.35.19
Dec 16 2011,16:12:07

After going into recovery, I would say it is rooted. I don't know what an original recovery page looks like but this one says:

CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.6

Now going into settings and software information, i see:

Android Version

HTC Sense version

Software number
m1ndh4x8r2180

Theres another menu that says baseband, kernal, etc. if you need any information from there.

Thanks again for your help.

your running a rom from m1ndh8x4r on sense 2.1, ripped from the wildfire s and ported to ours.
it is based on stock with a lot of extras pumped into it.
this rom is discontinued but i still have all the files for it.
good thing about this is u can have upto 1gb internal memory this way, reverting to stock you go back to 150mb ish.

we do have many different roms inc my own i have made if you want to stay this way, but if you want stock again, its gonna be tricky but can be done, you loose everything on the phone inc the recovery system and it goes back to stock. but....i only have EU/UK stock only the one you will require is not listed online....do u have ebay link to the listing?

its up to you from here....if your running the Aussie variant you won't get stock back from that region, and installing a stock from EU/UK you won't get full compatibility in the phone im afraid....
did u get an sd card with it?

Mesopotamian

Aug 15, 2012
your running a rom from m1ndh8x4r on sense 2.1, ripped from the wildfire s and ported to ours.
it is based on stock with a lot of extras pumped into it.
this rom is discontinued but i still have all the files for it.
good thing about this is u can have upto 1gb internal memory this way, reverting to stock you go back to 150mb ish.

we do have many different roms inc my own i have made if you want to stay this way, but if you want stock again, its gonna be tricky but can be done, you loose everything on the phone inc the recovery system and it goes back to stock. but....i only have EU/UK stock only the one you will require is not listed online....do u have ebay link to the listing?

its up to you from here....if your running the Aussie variant you won't get stock back from that region, and installing a stock from EU/UK you won't get full compatibility in the phone im afraid....
did u get an sd card with it?

Currently when i go to Manage Applications it says i have 86mb used and 64mb free, and I haven't even installed anything its fresh from the factory reset.

If i go back to stock, what do you mean I also loose the recovery system? If it doesn't come with one out of the box I really don't mind. I'm a simple user I usually only have a few apps anyway, I would just prefer to have a stock ROM until i get my head around everything, I would likse the original features like the mirror function to work.

What about the Asian World Wide English ROM, that's the RUU i attempted to use from HTCDEV.com, usually we are classified as a part of South East Asia / Australasia .

It wasn't from ebay, it was a local auction site, i sieved through the info there, nothing of importance or relevance.

No SD card I'm afraid.

Thanks

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
Currently when i go to Manage Applications it says i have 86mb used and 64mb free, and I haven't even installed anything its fresh from the factory reset.

If i go back to stock, what do you mean I also loose the recovery system? If it doesn't come with one out of the box I really don't mind. I'm a simple user I usually only have a few apps anyway, I would just prefer to have a stock ROM until i get my head around everything, I would likse the original features like the mirror function to work.

What about the Asian World Wide English ROM, that's the RUU i attempted to use from HTCDEV.com, usually we are classified as a part of South East Asia / Australasia .

It wasn't from ebay, it was a local auction site, i sieved through the info there, nothing of importance or relevance.

No SD card I'm afraid.

Thanks

i only asked for original user name. as most users have posted here at some point or another lol
SEA ruus or aisaruu won't work as the language and setup settings are different.
some other features like wifi and data are different too. Asia cant use UK roms on WiFi but EU they can etc....so each is different
my own rom is stock orientated, and has stock mirror etc with the other stock salsa features just made more appealing to use and faster, if you really do want stock let me have a look and sort the EU one i have and get it working on yours. i would suggest having root though....makes this redundant HTC model more usable in the long run lol

Mesopotamian

Aug 15, 2012
i only asked for original user name. as most users have posted here at some point or another lol
SEA ruus or aisaruu won't work as the language and setup settings are different.
some other features like wifi and data are different too. Asia cant use UK roms on WiFi but EU they can etc....so each is different
my own rom is stock orientated, and has stock mirror etc with the other stock salsa features just made more appealing to use and faster, if you really do want stock let me have a look and sort the EU one i have and get it working on yours. i would suggest having root though....makes this redundant HTC model more usable in the long run lol

oh... the user was Gareth aka balistic (from christchurch) if that helps.

as for stock or rooted I'm really not sure any more. I'm almost indifferent as long as it's not whats on there at the moment.

I guess i could try your custom ROM first if that's not too much hassle? and maybe go back to stock if possible.

Thanks

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com

as for stock or rooted I'm really not sure any more. I'm almost indifferent as long as it's not whats on there at the moment.

I guess i could try your custom ROM first if that's not too much hassle? and maybe go back to stock if possible.

Thanks

yeah i know the name lol.
ok that's fair...try v11 of my rom in development section, follow the guides shown around it explains it all.
i am downloading/uploading the RUU's i do however need the know which RUU is yours or meant for your region lol or closest to it

Reactions: Mesopotamian

Mesopotamian

Aug 15, 2012
ok that's fair...try v11 of my rom in development section, follow the guides shown around it explains it all.
i am downloading/uploading the RUU's i do however need the know which RUU is yours or meant for your region lol or closest to it

Okay thanks, i'll give it a go.

As for 'the RUU that's meant for my region' how do i find out? Like i said in my first post, this model was never officially released in NZ, as long as it's an unbranded non-carrier version I'm happy. Most likely Europe or asia. I'v attached a screenshot of what i can see on HTC-dev. Closest to my region would be the last one from Hutch Australia, I guess.

Attachments

• htcsaas.jpg
    htcsaas.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 25

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
Okay thanks, i'll give it a go.

As for 'the RUU that's meant for my region' how do i find out? Like i said in my first post, this model was never officially released in NZ, as long as it's an unbranded non-carrier version I'm happy. Most likely Europe or asia. I'v attached a screenshot of what i can see on HTC-dev. Closest to my region would be the last one from Hutch Australia, I guess.

theres 2, voda-hutch or hutch-aus.

what network is your sim?

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
Vodafone New Zealand, or 2 Degrees I have both.

it would have been voda-hutch then.
i will list all the Stock Ruu's up with instructions on how to use them later today.

till then flash my rom and see what u think...if you want i can modify the theme to suit your taste...u will know what i mean when u install it lol

Reactions: Mesopotamian

Mesopotamian

Aug 15, 2012
i will list all the Stock Ruu's up with instructions on how to use them later today.

till then flash my rom and see what u think...if you want i can modify the theme to suit your taste...u will know what i mean when u install it lol

Hit the sack early last night after a lot of reading.

Where can I find detailed instructions on how to flash your rom, so far the closest I've gotten is this:

Installation

Please follow these simple instructions...
Failure to do this will result in
unknown issues and NO SUPPORT from us.

1-Triple wipe (data/cache/davlik)
2-Flash rom
3-Boot rom and setup (language/wifi etc)
4-Reboot to cwm (recovery)
5-Flash data2sd script provided
6-Reboot rom and enjoy new memory

Sorry for taking up your time again.

I found your new thread with the original RUU, might give that a go if I decide to revert to the stock rom. But the instructions there might need to be a bit clearer.

Thanks

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
The guided instructions are task they are lol, there's no other way to say it. Use the noons flashing guide too. It breaks the recovery menu down etc. See how too get on with that.

BigBear is using Xparent Tapatalk Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

Vodafone New Zealand, or 2 Degrees I have both.

First boot can take upto 10mins to start up. Make sure you did all the wipes properly too as this can hinder the install

BigBear is using Xparent Tapatalk Purple