IMEI number

Search This thread

ShadowReaperGR

Jan 7, 2010
Hello,

I remember from older phones, you could find where your devices was made, by looking at the 7th and 8th digit of the IMEI. I want to buy a I9505 phone and I am concerned about the quality of the device, the 7th and 8th digits are 06 which means the phone was made in China.

Does this rule still applies?

yonye87

Nov 20, 2013
just check the CSC code, using *#1234#

the letters in the middle shows you the version from the region,

ex.: I9505BTUFNB3

BTU stands for UK

ShadowReaperGR

Jan 7, 2010
I checked the IMEI with Samsung and they said that the phone is for France (I don't live there by the way). Also from what I know France has yet to receive 4.4.2 version. That means my phone will not update?

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I checked the IMEI with Samsung and they said that the phone is for France (I don't live there by the way). Also from what I know France has yet to receive 4.4.2 version. That means my phone will not update?
Ur phone have CSC of france, this mean it will be receive the updates of the french firmware. You can travel to other part of the world and u will still receiving that updates :highfive:

exprxp

Feb 7, 2010

France 1 part of info, what about CSC in your phone?

For example XEF France.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Hello,

I remember from older phones, you could find where your devices was made, by looking at the 7th and 8th digit of the IMEI. I want to buy a I9505 phone and I am concerned about the quality of the device, the 7th and 8th digits are 06 which means the phone was made in China.

Does this rule still applies?

06 means This Year phones and can be from UK, but not from China coz they have I9500 not I9505