Kitkat vs Jellybean for Galaxy S I9000

Search This thread

Roastmeat

Apr 4, 2012
Mississauga
Alright,

So i've been on my Nexus 4 for the past year and my brother took my SGS,
I'm currently on Jelly Bean and want to know if the upgrade to KitKat has the performance improvements that was claimed with the release.

You know, easier to run on lower mem devices and such.

Also, what must I look out for?
Do I need a special kernel to upgrade before, or update my recovery to some different version, or is there a higher risk of bricking/losing my efs than the usual download/flash? Can I easily downgrade to JB/ICS?

Thanks

devloz

May 3, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Hello!

For me CM11 is faster than 10.1.3 and 10.2, additionally it's more united. Smaller amount of lags, and despite the fact it's nightly, ROM is pretty stable ;) Of course wipe is mandatory, so back up everything.

Buckle up and enjoy CM11 Best regards.

EDIT: Flash any KK kernel if status 7 error.

Last edited:

Maritus1

Dec 14, 2013
Hi Roastmeat,

I've been using either cm 10.2 and cm11 on my Galaxy s i9000 and believe me you really will be surprised when updating the phone to Android 4.4 Kitkat (CM11). It really is a big improvement in terms of speed. It will breath new life in your Galaxy S ;)
On highend devices you won't notice such a big increase in speed, but since kitkat was developed to support even more low end devices, the positve effects are noticed even more on "older" devices e.g. the Galaxy S.

Greetings!

Reactions: Roastmeat

idCyber

Oct 28, 2012
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
My advice: stay away from Android 4.3 ( for example CM10.2) as it is the slowest Android version for our phones. Pick a ROM based on Android 4.2 ( for example CM10.1) or Android 4.4 (for example CM11) . I would suggest Android 4.4 , because our device really feels the benefit from it's optimisations.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Roastmeat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Roastmeat,

I've been using either cm 10.2 and cm11 on my Galaxy s i9000 and believe me you really will be surprised when updating the phone to Android 4.4 Kitkat (CM11). It really is a big improvement in terms of speed. It will breath new life in your Galaxy S ;)
    On highend devices you won't notice such a big increase in speed, but since kitkat was developed to support even more low end devices, the positve effects are noticed even more on "older" devices e.g. the Galaxy S.

Greetings!
    My advice: stay away from Android 4.3 ( for example CM10.2) as it is the slowest Android version for our phones. Pick a ROM based on Android 4.2 ( for example CM10.1) or Android 4.4 (for example CM11) . I would suggest Android 4.4 , because our device really feels the benefit from it's optimisations.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk