Berlin

paranoid.png

op-1_nexus.png

op-2_nexus.png

op-3_nexus.png

op-4_nexus.png

op-5_nexus.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, and indeed it's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank.
Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. i'm calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate, to D4rKn3sSyShttp://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=3484876, to me http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4491046

paranoid_instructions.png

paranoid_hints.png

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
  • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
  • Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
  • Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646034

paranoid_trouble.png

• ---

paranoid_credits.png

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
paranoid_changelog.png

• 20120521v0.9beta: P.A.L., PROBABLY THE MOST AWESOME FEATURE EVER
  • First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized
  • Comes with a better panel
  • Allows you to switch between Phone mode (with curtain and bear paw buttons) and tablet UI seamlessly. PAD & PAL work in both domains. That means you can have 3d Youtube in 320 dpi standard Phone mode or mobile Chrome without those horrible tabs in 192 Dpi Tablet mode.
  • Since PAL solved all scaling issues our Trebuchet fork is now obsolete. It comes with Nova 1.1.4 projected into mobile layout.

• 20120517v0.6beta: Bugfixes, new PAD panel, Fullscreen-toggle
  • Fresh cm9 repo
  • Franco Milestone 3
  • Bugfixes for PAD preventing it from screwing up some apps (notification icons were bigger for some apps, launchers would display icons bigger or smaller, etc.)
  • New PAD panel, lists DPI's, can delete values again
  • Powermenu Fullscreen-toggle, this finally allows you to play games without navigationbar!

• 20120504v0.4preview: Apps were too small? Problem solved!
  • First ever Android ROM with Per-App-Density feature, it once and for all solves the problem that was tablet mode. You never, ever have to deal with apps that are too small again since now you can decide how apps, systemapps, framework-elements and even widgets are scaled by defining their native dpi seperately from the system DPI. Its an experimental feature and for now these values are defined in your /system/build.prop - it has drawbacks (maily notifications can look a bit strange), but that will be fixed in time. Warning: Keyboards MUST run in system DPI!
  • A list of apps and predefined values is included, this should include most of what you need. everything else is blown up to 210 dpi per standard. if you still need apps to be bigger, get a build.prop editor from the market, edit and reboot.
  • Trebuchet fixes: Folder Name cut-off, landscape name cut-off, divider bars
  • Please set your Font to "Normal" in the System Settings, you won't need "Huge" anymore and all this does now is provoke overlapping.

• 20120430v0.3alpha:
  • Freshest CM9 Repo
  • Forked Trebuchet and rewrote its layout and parts of its code to adapt it to tablet mode. I went for stock look plus tablet controls and changed the number of icons/widgets shown in the drawer. It's butter-smooth aswell. It has kinks left, those will be solved in the coming days!
  • 100% fixed android standard keyboard
  • Better Bootanimation
  • Fixed Gapps package based on 20120429 including Gmail and a working Market

• 20120427v0.2pre-alpha-gapps:
  • Fixed Gapps package based on 20120422 including Gmail and a working Market

• 20120425v0.1pre-alpha:
  • freshest CM9/nightly repo build (25/04)
  • recents window way nicer than before. close to stock. i only need to get rid of that darn gradient
  • keyboard looks like stock now
  • new bootanimation
  • camera works
  • comes with cm9 repo kernel, no color tint
  • notification clock is smaller, won't overlap so easy

• 20120425v0.0pre-alpha:
  • freshest CM9/nightly repo build set to tablet mode
  • Hacked Nova. I know 1.1 is out, but this one is still closer to stock
  • Androids keyboard reacts hellish in tablet mode. I fixed it but its still too large, tomorrow i'll fix it proper
  • I was trying make to recents window look more like stock. COULD be the thumbnails are a tad bigger than before but i'll get to that don't worry
  • 2 notifications icons max in portrait for now to prevent overlapping
  • Settings comes as the first item in the notification panel, hated to scroll down every time
  • ALOT will follow, please be patient, i made all that stuff blind because it needed ~13 hours to compile. now compiling is alot faster and i'll see to it that we will have true hybrid mode very soon

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
many of you have requested it, so here it is. the coming upload will be for those who want to alpha-test only. i own gsm, i cannot test. start up your nandroids, this one could be botched as im not sure yet which vendor files you need. im uploading right now but im on asdsl, could take some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: randpost

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Thanks for this can't wait to test it. :D:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
aaarrghhhh, i made an error. i forgot to edit build.prop in this. for those of you who are downloading now, please make these adaptions to your build.prop:

/system/build.prop: ro.sf.lcd_density=192
/system/build.prop: qemu.hw.mainkeys=1

everyone else, please wait, i'm uploading again.

i hate being not able to test this, it really sucks :eek:

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
but dont be surprised, what you downloaded will not go into tablet mode by itself. look one post above you. its an easy fix though. if you don't know your way around root explorers and such, in a couple of minutes comes the fixed version. im really sorry for this mess, for gsm i always flash it myself but yeah ... what can i do, except maybe trying to be a bit more concentrated. : D

nailbnny

Apr 12, 2010
It's not booting. Do you have the MD5?

Here's a snippet from logcat:

D/AndroidRuntime( 1711): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit <<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 1711): CheckJNI is OFF
D/dalvikvm( 1711): DexOpt: incorrect opt magic number (0xff ff ff ff)
D/dalvikvm( 1711): ODEX file is stale or bad; removing and retrying (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@framework.jar@classes.dex)
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1710): SurfaceFlinger is starting
I/SurfaceFlinger( 1710): SurfaceFlinger's main thread ready to run. Initializing graphics H/W...
E/IMGSRV ( 1710): :0: PVRSRVBridgeCall: Failed to access device. Function ID:3223086848 (Bad address).
E/IMGSRV ( 1710): :0: PVRSRVEnumerateDevices: BridgeCall failed
E/IMGSRV ( 1710): :0: PVRSRVConnect: Unable to enumerate devices.
E/IMGSRV ( 1710): :0: OpenPVRServices: Failed to open services connection
E/IMGSRV ( 1710): :0: hal_init: Failed to open services (err=-14)
E/IMGSRV ( 1710): :0: hal_open: Graphics HAL not initialized
E/FramebufferNativeWindow( 1710): couldn't open framebuffer HAL (Not a typewriter)
E/IMGSRV ( 1710): :0: hal_open: Graphics HAL not initialized
E/FramebufferNativeWindow( 1710): couldn't open gralloc HAL (Not a typewriter)
E/SurfaceFlinger( 1710): Display subsystem failed to initialize. check logs. exiting...

Last edited:

molesarecoming

Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
thanks for beta testing! i didn't plan to release this so early but i got so many requests that i did - with your help we'll hopefully have a working version soon. im uploading a new one right now. this one should have good chances.

Last edited:

brmayhem

Jun 7, 2010
Thank you for your work!

I have been following your work from day one and like everyone else in here, I cannot wait to test it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

h22man

May 19, 2010
Most deff ready for this!... I've been on aokp 31 hybrid and I'm ready for a nice change. Been following your work for weeks now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

paranoid.png

op-1_nexus.png

op-2_nexus.png

op-3_nexus.png

op-4_nexus.png

op-5_nexus.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. I know you've seen tablet mode roms before, and indeed it's a start, but this ain't enough. This thing has potential, but it is wasted the moment you try to stuff a full blown tablet into your poor phone. Yet we all know our high res phones can very well handle more than silly 1-column layouts. So the magic must be in between somewhere, a place that Google must have overlooked and left blank.
    Yes, this rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. i'm calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

Donations to CM http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/donate, to D4rKn3sSyShttp://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=3484876, to me http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4491046

paranoid_instructions.png

paranoid_hints.png

• Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
    • Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 5x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
    • Themes and other goodies you can find here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646034

paranoid_trouble.png

• ---

paranoid_credits.png

finally PARANOIDANDROID 1.2 is ready to go. it took alot of time to setup git, create a unified based shared by a growing number of devices. jesus wrote new cool apps like backup and OTA. jon made repos and overlays. i rewrote pad/pad-hybrid from scratch and wrote some nice trebuchet additions. 1.2 will introduce alot of new features and it'll be such a burden from my shoulders when this thing is out and hopyfully has few troubles.

things that do work
    LOCKSCREEN scaling and overall SYSTEM scaling (dialogs, toasts, etc.)
    error where app shows up in the wrong UI will be fixed
    complete rewrite of pad/pal - should be faster and better
    trebuchet changes (4x4 grid folder, background settings, tablet effects)
    tool to backup pad.prop
    new panel options

what doesnt:
    i still couldnt find out why facebook crops images.

and this will be an official build - we have a unified git base now. this is what took so long, it was HELLISH to set that up. jon can compile from that 100% clean cdma builds.
    ok guys, uploads in the making. 0.9 is coming.
    ok guys. sorry i was so scarce recently, i had alot of work to do. 1.1 is out for maguro and it brings tons of new features - but your rom will be compiled and maintained by jaybob413. this means someone who's got himself a cdma device will look over it, many of the troubles you've had will probably disappear (sms. carrier-label, etc.). because of this you need to endure a slight delay.

i advise you to wait, simply coz the surprise is bigger. but for those of you with technical inclinations i made you a small cooking receipe:

make a nandroid
    download cm9 nightly from 29-05
    download 0.9-TORO and 1.1-MAGURO
    open 0.9 with winrar or 7zip
    copy /system/build.prop from 0.9 into nightly
    copy /system/pad.prop from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/bootanimation.zip from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/app from 1.1 into nightly
    copy /system/framework from 1.1 into nightly
    reboot and cross fingers it'll reboot ---- with luck it will, if not, soon you'll have a real rom.

:)
    guys, next update will be the most revolutionary rom that EVER existed.

ALL tablet related issues are solved, the frontiers are gone. you can set launchers to mobile mode in tabmode and they will run like stock, no hack. you can run youtube in 3d in normal phonemode if you want. you are free to do whatever you want. next rom will give you the option to switch between phone and tablet mode.

im so happy about this, all this work, and we're finally there. there is officially no tablet mode anymore, it does not exist anymore. all whats left is hybrid mode and if that wont become the defacto standard in android i'll get an iphone and hope people over there will have more oversight. :D