[leak][firmware]N7000ZSLM5

Search This thread

sqbaannyy

Oct 16, 2011
Cracow
Heya ,,My note too has gone for repairs after using this ROM for 2 days ,,, My battery was behaving strangly showing charging and then discharging so I had to finally take it in for repair... Not sure how they will react once they see a leaked ROM on my phone since I am still under warranty ....They said that it looks like the power board or something is messed up ....

Has anyone else experienced this?

I've got "discharging" problem too. But before claim my warranty I was able to flash official ICS and reset counter, so my phone is now with new mainboard.

aftabbabar

Nov 13, 2010
Heya ,,My note too has gone for repairs after using this ROM for 2 days ,,, My battery was behaving strangly showing charging and then discharging so I had to finally take it in for repair... Not sure how they will react once they see a leaked ROM on my phone since I am still under warranty ....They said that it looks like the power board or something is messed up ....

iit has nothing to do with the rom, most likely your Usb port has gone bad . it's a very common problem in galaxy note

Reactions: Ueihtam

gurnishdhillon

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto
I've got "discharging" problem too. But before claim my warranty I was able to flash official ICS and reset counter, so my phone is now with new mainboard.

Yea , It suddenly happened 2 nights ago ,,but I cudn't downgrade it to 4.04 first,,,,Now I am only hoping that the guys at Samsung are not going to notice the Jelly bean rom and just fix the hardware and we done with it.

Can u tell me how u went back to ICS since when I did try i received a error of some sort from PC odin....I am not rooted by the way

Guzmanus

Aug 8, 2010
Alicante
I've noticed that on my device black clipping has improved greatly. It's almost unnoticeable now.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: LoVeRice

RajjaAllah

Apr 27, 2012

I had this issue in the first day of flashing this rom ...
Even when I turned my phones off it keeps frequently charging like there is a ghost in my phone ...
I went to sleep and woke up
And now it works perfectly ..
I also think the chinese leak zclsc is better than this leak
First of all I feel like the touch respoun is suck in this rom if you compare it to ics or zclsc ... its a bit laggy
I dont know why ... I tried odex or deodexed lm5
The battery life have a little bit imporoved.. better than any leaked jb rom.
I am a person who love to try out roms ...
I find out that jb chinese leaks is faster than ics
But ICS is better if you want your phone last long .. better battery life..

adeeb

Oct 31, 2006
Dubai
It really is a great improvement over LSC. No lags, smooth. Had battery drain issues in the beginning, but then solved it buy stopping sync and uninstalling Samsung update and Samsung sync software. Now I get more battery life then I ever did.
Thanks for the leak.

Bobnz

Feb 17, 2013
I messed up...update failed, nothing anymore...

Hi there developers, I am in deep trouble, hope someone can help as all I see now is the samsung logo or download mode...

This is my first post, as I try to give some details this might not be the shortest, please MOD feel free to change or move this post if not accurate (please let me know).

I bought a Samsung Galaxy note for my Wife.

Bought it from HK turns out it seems to be an I717 model with some Korean input.
The phone worked fine from day one. Actually I'm the one who messed up when I tried to add some apk and root the phone.

I upgraded firmware and rooted some phones before, but in this case, it becomes clear that I don't know what I'm doing anymore..
I try to give as many info as possible hoping for someone to help providing the adapted solution to get this phone back to the wife.

- all started as I tried to installed some apps needing the phone to be rooted
- so, I root the phone, phone is confirmed rooted...
- however I find that the menu and back button at the bottom do not work anymore, also the auto rotation is reversed...horizontal instead of vertical and vice-versa. The battery doesn't charge anymore and is indicated as disconnected...
- Eventually I find a way to charge the battery in order to be able to interact with the phone.
- I still find some Korean characters inside the phone so to try to solve the problem I decide to upgrade the firmware... Kies won't let me do this so I download some firmware and use Odin
- Sometimes it works (PASS), sometimes it doesn't (FAIL) but in any case the phone doesn't start after the process completed...I can't even get to recovery mode.
- The only thing I can do now is to put the phone in download mode and re-try....
- at the end the phone would be in a loop between vibrate then samsung logo, vibrate then...even Odin indicates PASS
- so far I have downloaded every possible firmware for this phone that I found (N7000ZSLM5, thaidai, pda...)
- my last attempt used not only the pda file but pda, phone and csc file even tried to add the PID.

Is there any way to reinstall this phone completely and properly? At this stage I am not looking anymore for the latest software...

This is what was inside when I bought it.
OS Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread), upgradable to v4.1
Chipset Exynos
CPU Dual-core 1.4 GHz ARM Cortex-A9
GPU Mali-400MP

thanks in advance for any help provided, I hope this could help anyone facing this trouble....

cheers

PS: Could do a skype if this saves some of your time. thanks

Last edited:

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
- all started as I tried to installed some apps needing the phone to be rooted
- so, I root the phone, phone is confirmed rooted...
- however I find that the menu and back button at the bottom do not work anymore, also the auto rotation is reversed...horizontal instead of vertical and vice-versa. The battery doesn't charge anymore and is indicated as disconnected...
- Eventually I find a way to charge the battery in order to be able to interact with the phone.
- I still find some Korean characters inside the phone so to try to solve the problem I decide to upgrade the firmware... Kies won't let me do this so I download some firmware and use Odin
- Sometimes it works (PASS), sometimes it doesn't (FAIL) but in any case the phone doesn't start after the process completed...I can't even get to recovery mode.
- The only thing I can do now is to put the phone in download mode and re-try....
- at the end the phone would be in a loop between vibrate then samsung logo, vibrate then...even Odin indicates PASS
- so far I have downloaded every possible firmware for this phone that I found (N7000ZSLM5, thaidai, pda...)
- my last attempt used not only the pda file but pda, phone and csc file even tried to add the PID.

First of all this is n7000 not i717... For related info for your i717 check these forums here.. And i think your phone is e160. Read carefully because firmware aren`t compatible between devices even if they have same cpu/gpu etc.
You are lucky that the phone still starts even in recovery only... Odin says pass because his job is done.. He flashed the firmware even it`s not for your phone... Search a lil in those forums and find an original firmware that you could flash with odin.. Try with samfirmware or tsar3000:good:

how about changing the systemui.apk as well ?
n after replacing SecSetting.apk n systemui.apk do u do a full wipe n reboot ?

Full wipe doesn`t helps in this case.. Changed SystemUI with the one from Ultimate XXLSC and only thing i gained is that now i have blue toggles and battery icon on sb :). But still no settings.. And still fc if i put SecSettings from lsc as well.. I think guys from samsung got stucked with these bugs and they released the leak for home devs (not me) to fix it :)).
As a second edit: I`m not responsable if you try what i mentioned above and your phone gets bricked, burned etc.
Cheers!!

Attachments

• 2013-02-17-23-38-53.jpg
    2013-02-17-23-38-53.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
Reactions: hanifh and Bobnz

Bobnz

Feb 17, 2013
doesn't look promising

First of all this is n7000 not i717... For related info for your i717 check these forums here.. And i think your phone is e160. Read carefully because firmware aren`t compatible between devices even if they have same cpu/gpu etc.
You are lucky that the phone still starts even in recovery only... Odin says pass because his job is done.. He flashed the firmware even it`s not for your phone... Search a lil in those forums and find an original firmware that you could flash with odin.. Try with samfirmware or tsar3000:good:

thanks so much for your prompt input. I wish I could be more knowledgeable so I could help others in this forum...that might come if I keep messing up things as I do though :)

Anyway, just to say, it is now impossible to get the download mode, I think I finalized the mess-up with the last attempt (with PID)
I will keep searching in the forum I717 (was confused as the ebay title for my phone was N7000...)

May I just have your idea? with a phone in this state, do i still get a chance to fix it? or am I done and just lost few hundred bucks? I thought that every phone could be re-installed...however with no access like this one I wonder how I can reset/re-install or do something in the right direction.
cheers

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Anyway, just to say, it is now impossible to get the download mode, I think I finalized the mess-up with the last attempt (with PID)
I will keep searching in the forum I717 (was confused as the ebay title for my phone was N7000...)

May I just have your idea? with a phone in this state, do i still get a chance to fix it? or am I done and just lost few hundred bucks? I thought that every phone could be re-installed...however with no access like this one I wonder how I can reset/re-install or do something in the right direction.
cheers

Try with an usb jig... If you are lucky again you can turn the phone into download mode... If it doesn`t work with jig take the phone to a service.. Maybe them will be able to fix it..
Tip: Pull out battery if you can and see for sure what model it is..
Cheers!

Last edited:

alvinhaw

Oct 19, 2012

Full wipe doesn`t helps in this case.. Changed SystemUI with the one from Ultimate XXLSC and only thing i gained is that now i have blue toggles and battery icon on sb :). But still no settings.. And still fc if i put SecSettings from lsc as well.. I think guys from samsung got stucked with these bugs and they released the leak for home devs (not me) to fix it :)).
As a second edit: I`m not responsable if you try what i mentioned above and your phone gets bricked, burned etc.
Cheers!!
I discovered that since the 1st day ha ha...
maybe u can try lsa/lsd/ls7 SecSetting.apk try it at ur own risk !
actually this will not brick ur phone n u can always use cwm aroma file manager to paste back the original file
when stuck on logo or a system backup restore will helps

parasverm

Sep 17, 2012
New Delhi
Hey today i noticed that there ia no option to customized ur pannel as earlier it was in xxlsc??? Any idea how to change the order of pannel

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts