[Q] IMEI says 0 on 4.4.1

Search This thread

chasetacos

May 4, 2014
what you can do is provide some screenshots
and step by step of what you did, so we know where it might have been wrong

Well ive actually got some good news. After going back to stock I found that the codes that I needed were *#0808# which then let me switch the USB settings to RMNET + DM + MODEM. From there I used QPST to rewrite my IMEI to my NV file in my phone. From there I used The NV-Items tool to read the file back to me, I went in and edited the newly created 00550 section (because before QPST it was not there at all). I then wrote that file back to my phone, thus fixing my missing IMEI. Holy crap what a process.

So now where I am stuck is that I am now stuck in factory mode and my MMS messages wont send, I wouldnt be surprised if I dropped down to edge in 10 minutes. When this is all solved im going to write out EVERYTHING that I did so that way no one has to deal with this ever again.

So yeah, getting out of factory mode and sending MMS messages is all I need to be 100%. Hopefully we are close. So far I have edited both the Factorymode and Keystr text files to say "OFF" and "ON" and neither seem to work. Ive also used the terminal to type in a bunch of hope... but as usual hope got me nowhere...

pcshano, youre the man. Get me out of this hole once and for all!

Edit: MMS messages sending, still waiting to see if EDGE takes over. Factorymode is still persistent.

Last edited:

chasetacos

May 4, 2014
Well ive actually got some good news. After going back to stock I found that the codes that I needed were *#0808# which then let me switch the USB settings to RMNET + DM + MODEM. From there I used QPST to rewrite my IMEI to my NV file in my phone. From there I used The NV-Items tool to read the file back to me, I went in and edited the newly created 00550 section (because before QPST it was not there at all). I then wrote that file back to my phone, thus fixing my missing IMEI. Holy crap what a process.

So now where I am stuck is that I am now stuck in factory mode and my MMS messages wont send, I wouldnt be surprised if I dropped down to edge in 10 minutes. When this is all solved im going to write out EVERYTHING that I did so that way no one has to deal with this ever again.

So yeah, getting out of factory mode and sending MMS messages is all I need to be 100%. Hopefully we are close. So far I have edited both the Factorymode and Keystr text files to say "OFF" and "ON" and neither seem to work. Ive also used the terminal to type in a bunch of hope... but as usual hope got me nowhere...

pcshano, youre the man. Get me out of this hole once and for all!

Edit: MMS messages sending, still waiting to see if EDGE takes over. Factorymode is still persistent.

Fixed! I had to set read/write/execute permissions for the Factoryapp folder! As soon as I get a chance I will be writing up a guide on how to avoid this madness.

pcshano

Dec 29, 2012
Fixed! I had to set read/write/execute permissions for the Factoryapp folder! As soon as I get a chance I will be writing up a guide on how to avoid this madness.

then make sure you backup your EFS folder so that you won't have to run into this problem again
and if you backed up your efs folder in the first place, this would have been a lot easier too ;p
let's this be a good lesson for you

chasetacos

May 4, 2014
then make sure you backup your EFS folder so that you won't have to run into this problem again
and if you backed up your efs folder in the first place, this would have been a lot easier too ;p
let's this be a good lesson for you

Agreed. Thanks for the help. Now I dont know if im having the DATA issues... but my data is going REAL slow. It says 4g but its DLing at 15KB/s... any recommendations?

S3LEE

Apr 3, 2013
Liverpool
Hey guys, I think I screwed up. I think that I lost my IMEI through flashing it and I didn't make a back up. It says 0 and only very few of the *# codes work, the *#7285# and #22745927 codes do absolutely nothing and the only one that I know of that works is *#*#4636#*#* which doesn't help me at all. Most programs that I use don't detect the phone correctly or my phones just downright wrecked. Example is DFS says CPS N/A in every section and Samsung MEID Repair says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application" when I try to connect it to my phone.

I'm running CM11 4.4.1 and I had the problem when I was running a 4.3 ROM. Also I have data and I can make calls. Its just that I cant send MMS and I drop to edge over time and stay on edge until I restart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Everyone I call is saying it'll cost $65 - $75 IF they can even fix it.

http://xdaforums.com/general/rooting-roms/imei-000-044999-repair-t2806129 cost u $20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you know that you need to be completely stock in order to use the code?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    I did not. That helps a LOT. Thank you so much. I havent tried going back yet, I'm gonna be more cautious about what i do now. Can I go back to stock from CM11 4.4.1 without screwing anything up? I keep seeing that you cant downgrade. Is that the case or is it just the case with official android roms?

Thank you so much, I feel like with your help I may be able to fix this. What im thinking that I have to do (I'll wait for your opinion) is that I should flash to stock, use the nv reader/writer, then ill be able to reroot it? When you say that it could screw up the network, what exactly do you mean?

I'm not sure what bootloader are you using
    but IF your phone is fully unlocked, it doesn't matter, just flash 4.3 Stock and you're good to go
    check out this post if you need help getting back to stock http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658486

the reason why you see people keep saying you can't "Downgrade" is mostly due to the bootloader you have, and it only apply to if and only if you're downgrading from MJB bootloader to a older version of Touchwiz (ie. Touchwiz 4.3 which will obviously come with MJB, thus you can't downgrade to 4.2 or 4.1 versions of touchwiz), not AOSP. if you're on AOSP in which CM is one, yes you can go from one AOSP to another, but no one does it because most of the time newer > older =D
    Unfortunately that did nothing :(. I might just have to cry about it

what you can do is provide some screenshots
    and step by step of what you did, so we know where it might have been wrong