[Q] Is being able to turn the LED on when the screen is active a 4.4.3 thing?

Search This thread

ixijimixi

Oct 10, 2011
Warwick, RI
Samsung Galaxy A53
I recently switched over to the newly released 4.4.2 stock and, in the process, seem to have lost the ability for the LED light to light up when the screen is on, like I had on some custom ROMs. Is this strictly a 4.4.3 ability, or are there apps which can give this functionality on stock?

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Well yeah, that's what I mean, for a notification. I don't just want the LED to stay on all day just to give me something purty to look at. :laugh: I just like having it as an extra way to see I have an email or something.

Im on 4.4.2 and my notification led (the colored led on the Home button) works when I get notifications, but the led only turns on when the screen is off. It doesnt blink with the screen on.
If I get a text message for example, the led will blink when the screen is off. Once the screen is turned on, the led shuts off, but as long as I dont view the text, then the led starts blinking again once I shut off the screen.

For anyone who needs it:
The settings for this are under Display > Home Button LED
There is an easily missable section under there too. Be sure to tap "select missed event" and choose your options in there too.