[ROM] TouchPad UNOFFICIAL CM9 Nightly Builds [DISCONTINUED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

glitchsys

May 3, 2006
Sacramento
So installed "update-cm-9-20120329-NIGHTLY-tenderloin-signed.zip" from official Cyanogenmod Nightly download section. It's dated 3/29 in the zip file but it was uploaded 3/30; anyways, flashed it and it's Android 4.0.4;

I'll be installing "update-cm-9.0.0-tenderloin-20120330-0800-signed.zip", the latest unofficial, on my other touchpad. Side-by-side comparison :) Figured they should mostly be the same.

Reactions: kamandor

kamandor

Apr 28, 2011
web os doctor is not going to help with cm9 issues. bricked kernel can cause bootloops but you should know if you have that installed as it is in your moboot menu. if you truely can't figure it out then you should use acme uninstaller to clean out all android files and then reinstall cm9 fresh with acme installer2.

Thank you! I think you're correct, that I have a bricked kernel. (No idea when/what... I flashed 4 different TouchPads for my family members, none of them had issues... of course I did.)

I am downloading the ACME Uninstaller now and will report back.

UPDATE: ACMEUninstaller successfully wiped everything. Just successfully flashed moboot 0.3.5 (Finally!!). Now flashing the 3/29 Official CM9 Nightly.

UPDATE 2: CM9 officially installed successfully!! Thank you everyone.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2012
London
Hey All,

Has anyone installed super-rohan mod 1.3, for all the tweaks? I have been using the 18/3/2012 unofficial CM9 since it was posted (thanks Eyeballer - great work and glad you're carrying on with a TP specific build) and have just gone for the 31/3/2012 build... the super rohan stuff worked fine for the older build but i dunno if it is still necessary on the current stuff...

Any thoughts?

Izeltokatl

Hey All,

Has anyone installed super-rohan mod 1.3, for all the tweaks? I have been using the 18/3/2012 unofficial CM9 since it was posted (thanks Eyeballer - great work and glad you're carrying on with a TP specific build) and have just gone for the 31/3/2012 build... the super rohan stuff worked fine for the older build but i dunno if it is still necessary on the current stuff...

Any thoughts?

Rohan 1.3 works fine

Sent from my android touchpad.

glitchsys

May 3, 2006
Sacramento
Accessing /data if CM9 won't boot

How can I access the /data/ partition? I was using the touchpad, installed some apps like teamviewer/unified remote/xbmc from the market, and all was going well and then for no reason the tablet froze, CM9 just stopped responding. So I rebooted it (holding the home button and power button was the only way to get it to do anything) but it's stuck at the Cyanogenmod boot animation. It's been on that animation for 5-10 minutes, so I rebooted again, went into clockworkmod and reflashed the latest nightly and gapps. I then rebooted, android booted up, said it was upgrading/optimizing 77 something apps, then it said it was starting the apps, and then it froze at that point, wouldn't proceed. I then reboot and am stuck at the boot animation again. My best guess is that one of the apps I installed is hosing it. I plugged the usb cable in and normally during the boot animation of my phone I can adb logcat but I can't seem to adb detect this device during boot animation. Windows see's it as a MTP device but no filesystem comes up in my computer. So adb logcat and adb shell so I can get into /data/app to wipe out the last few apps I installed won't work, but on my phone I can also adb shell in from CWM. So I rebooted into CWM but when I connect the cable to the laptop it still doesn't see it as an Android ADB device. No adb shell. Not like my phone at all. So back to my original question, short of wiping /data from CWM, is there anyway for me to get at /data/app to delete some files? I'm curious what's causing this.

unxguyjr

Nov 15, 2007

I did some testing..the rom is 4.0.4. I just flashed rom 331 and gapps 317.and booted...normally also add rohan into the mix but held off this time. Checked version after boot and it showed 4.0.4. I then added rohan and checked version again...4.0.3

I have not looked into the build.prop in rohan to change version number..rohan tweaks do not seems to cause any issues with the newer rom..seem to get better performance with it than without...

eyeballer

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2010
teamw.in
Sorry guys, I was out of town this weekend so didn't have a chance to respond to all the questions.

At this point, the reboot fixes and other outstanding issues are all 100% merged into main CM code, so there should be no difference between the official and unofficial builds (other than the new adreno drivers in mine - which don't seem to matter much right now - probably until we move to a 3.0 kernel).

There was some confusion regarding 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 - I'm not sure why the 3/30 build missed the 4.0.4 build id change, it's possible there was an error in the repo sync that night so it didn't get pulled, but the underlying OS changes were already in place from the day before so really there was no significant change other than the ID being wrong - the base OS changes to 4.0.4 did not go through gerrit, they are just applied.

Hope that answers the questions, this week i'll look at the higher fps boot animation and maybe add that as stock into my builds too. Other than that the only differences between the two sets of builds will be based on the time of the repo sync and build.

I don't intend to provide "support" for these builds, if there's something fun I've cherry picked in I'll post but otherwise, flash away :)

wizzbang3

Nov 18, 2010
Appreciate the hard work.

If one persons vote counts for anything, I've had essentially 0 problems with my touchpad. No re-reboots in months, very few app crashes. My primary issue remains inconsistent wireless connectivity or just outright no wireless.

I'd also love the camera and mic for skype but that's obviously not done :) (and I couldn't use the app with the current wifi system regardless)

Reactions: eyeballer

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
Sorry guys, I was out of town this weekend so didn't have a chance to respond to all the questions.

At this point, the reboot fixes and other outstanding issues are all 100% merged into main CM code, so there should be no difference between the official and unofficial builds (other than the new adreno drivers in mine - which don't seem to matter much right now - probably until we move to a 3.0 kernel).

There was some confusion regarding 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 - I'm not sure why the 3/30 build missed the 4.0.4 build id change, it's possible there was an error in the repo sync that night so it didn't get pulled, but the underlying OS changes were already in place from the day before so really there was no significant change other than the ID being wrong - the base OS changes to 4.0.4 did not go through gerrit, they are just applied.

Hope that answers the questions, this week i'll look at the higher fps boot animation and maybe add that as stock into my builds too. Other than that the only differences between the two sets of builds will be based on the time of the repo sync and build.

I don't intend to provide "support" for these builds, if there's something fun I've cherry picked in I'll post but otherwise, flash away :)

No reason to keep the nightlies *that* similar now ;)

I like the sound of "cherry picking fun things," especially when I flash new builds every day.

~ E.R.A.

bjonesy77

Jun 16, 2008
I'm having problems with the latest CM9 nightly. I've got an alpha build on the touchpad, so I put the new nightly and newer GAPPS on the root of my "sd card."

Then I boot to CWM, wipe data and cache, flash CM9nightly and GAPPS, then reboot. It now will only boot into the "ANDROID" screen but go no further. I've been able to get back into CWM and restore the backup I made and boot back into the alpha build.

Any ideas why I cannot boot into CM9?

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
I'm having problems with the latest CM9 nightly. I've got an alpha build on the touchpad, so I put the new nightly and newer GAPPS on the root of my "sd card."

Then I boot to CWM, wipe data and cache, flash CM9nightly and GAPPS, then reboot. It now will only boot into the "ANDROID" screen but go no further. I've been able to get back into CWM and restore the backup I made and boot back into the alpha build.

Any ideas why I cannot boot into CM9?

Bad download. Sounds like that anyways.

~ E.R.A.

N!njaDuck

Jan 12, 2008
Omnipresent
Question about builds:

Can someone tell me what the last 4 digits in the build file names represent?

Are those branches or something?

Just curious.

chicle_11

Jan 24, 2011
Miami, Florida
After flashing the 0405 nightly, I had wifi issues for the first time. I went back to the 0404 nightly and it's working fine now. The Antutu scores for the 0405 was in the 5700's, in the 0404's it was 6529 :eek:

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA
Anyone can test the bluetooth on the latest versions here, as the OFFICIAL NIGHTLY, bluetooth is borked.

Would like to use sixaxis on other then alpha 2.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6/27/12: Unofficial nightlies are discontinued: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27955579#post27955579

This is a centralized thread to discuss any issues pertaining to my unofficial nightly cm9 builds. As Dalingrin stated, he doesn't plan to release many more Alphas for now unless there's a major change to test so this will be the best way to get the latest CM9 additions (other than building yourself!).

You should only need to wipe caches coming from a previous cm9 build. Remember, these are not tested builds, simply latest source, so there's a chance of "broken" builds as new features are merged in. Always keep a recent backup and/or be willing to do a full wipe. If you're coming from CM7 you should wipe /data if installing in CWM or use ACMEinstaller2 - see the original CM9 Alpha thread.

These builds are mostly a straight sync from source each night, no other extra modifications have been made (other than fixes to ensure is builds). You can find the latest merges into CM9 here: http://tinyw.in/cm9tpmerged (thanks jcsullins for the custom search). The build is sync'd at approx 4am EST and will be ready to download at approx 4.15am EST.

Downloads

There are multiple ways to get the nightlies:
    1) Simply browse and find the latest build directly on our host: http://techerrata.co...angs/tenderloin
    2) For live announcement of a new nightly arriving on the server follow our Tenderloin twitter account: https://twitter.com/...!/cm_tenderloin - PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN AUTOMATED TWEET BOT NOT A LIVE PERSON (i.e. do not tweet @CM_Tenderloin expecting a reply)
    3) *NEW* The nightlies also support OTA update notifications using the Goo Manager app, details here: http://tinyw.in/feSQ

Latest gapps are here:http://goo-inside.me/gapps

LCD Density fixes: These were taken from dalingrin's Alpha2 thread and are just updated with a new build.prop.
    Change to 120dpi: http://tinyw.in/Ja5P
    Revert to 160dpi: http://tinyw.in/VUht

Updates:
    For updates/announcement on the builds follow me on twitter, or check back here.

4/2/12: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24346202#post24346202
    3/27/12: TouchPad now has official nightlies! See my post here about the future of my builds: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24120253&postcount=219
    3/11/12: Due to some merges on 3/9 you may need to reflash gapps when going from a nightly prior to 3/9 to later than 3/9.
    2/28/12: HW video decoding (HD youtube and netfix) are now incorporated (still unmerged in mainline CM code). Thanks dalingrin and jcsullins for getting this together. This means the nightlies currently include everything in Alpha2 and whatever else merged since.

Credit and Thanks

Of course major thanks to Dalingrin, jcsullins, fattire, green and the rest of the CM touchpad team for making these builds possible. Thanks to my fellow winners in TeamWin and a special shout out to kevank for hosting and onicrom for build support :)
    Well guys.. it's been a fun ride, but I'm going to stop the unofficial builds.

Officials are running every night, and I just haven't had as much time to cherry-pick ahead as I'd like to, so there's really no difference between the builds other than differences picked up based on the time of the build. Also, as we get closer and closer to a somewhat "finished" product, it'll be more productive to get accurate bug reports with everyone using the same builds.

You should be able to find the official builds directly on get.cm or via goo manager, differentials are not enabled AFAIK for these, but I will discuss with s0up to see if they'll make it available for those using it. We may also mirror the builds to techerrata/our twitter acct for those who like to follow that for the downloads but we need some scripts in place to do that, so I'll post back and let you guys know. :)
    Due to all the merges today we now have a working "official" cm9 repo for the touchpad which is great. Up until now the builds required a few "hacky" changes to make them work. There's a couple of outstanding issues that won't be in the official builds just yet, the main one being the reboot menu - which still needs some hacky stuff (http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,12782). Otherwise the builds should be mostly identical from this point forward (my build tonight will include all the merges today obviously).

Official nightlies is a great place to be for any device - fully merged into the mainline repo.

With that said, personally, I'll still be building for myself and (for now) will continue to have the builds posted to our server for anyone that wants them, I may cherry-pick some extra stuff in time to time.

It was a fun ride :)

So jcsullins has been hard at work (as usual!) on the new wifi driver and now has a build ready for testing with a wider audience, so we'd appreciate some feedback so that eventually this can be merged for everyone.

To use this you must be on nightly 5/13 or 5/14. Please update first then flash this in recovery: http://goo.im/devs/j...0513-signed.zip

The driver is designed to sleep when not needed although will wake if something needs to pass through - so what you set in wifi policy is irrelevant and won't make any difference. It's "smart" and battery life seems very good so far.

Please test and post feedback good or bad on your experiences. People who have been hitting wifi issues are especially encouraged to help provide feedback.