Official ICS & JELLY BEAN discussion/speculation thread

Search This thread

luckych

Apr 2, 2010
Mod edit:
No offence intended to the original OP but this thread has strayed far from it's original purpose.
So from here on out, it's now the focal point for all ICS-related discussion and all the spam that accompanies that.​

Mod edit #2:
This is now also the official discussion speculation thread for Jelly Bean.
Given there hasn't been an official ICS release yet, I see no reason to have two speculation threads on the go at the same time.​

-Step666

Edit #3: ICS Has officially been released in the UK and developers have already made roms for it. Please go to http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1053 for Latest information about ICS ROMs.

Last edited:

scaryshark

Jan 11, 2012
Cool! I think they've had this for a while but have just updated it with more carriers, T-mobile used to say "more information comming".

Obviously this isn't a concrete date but the fact that they've gone to the effort of giving us an update on the progress atleast suggests that they do in fact intend to give us the update eventually.

Now we just wait...

Reactions: Dude12645

slack04

May 4, 2010
Sorry, that's been around for months. And it says nothing. I don't get why people title threads like this just to get people to click and find out that *surprise* they don't know anything we don't...
:mad:

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
Sorry, that's been around for months. And it says nothing. I don't get why people title threads like this just to get people to click and find out that *surprise* they don't know anything we don't...
:mad:
In fairness, the Tmo tab listings are relevant and is new "official" news but it still is pretty much nothing we didn't know already.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

luckych

Apr 2, 2010
This information was just released yesterday, the page existed but didn't include all carriers and what product for each carrier. Thanks.

Secondly, date will help make it easier for searching for updates as they don't have to keep re-visiting the page if there is no updates.

Cheers,

Luckych

Last edited by a moderator:

TimOster

Sep 10, 2010
This information was just released yesterday, the page existed but didn't include all carriers and what product for each carrier. Thanks.

Secondly, date will help make it easier for searching for updates as they don't have to keep re-visiting the page if there is no updates.

Cheers,

Luckych

XDA is no longer worth my time.

Last edited:
Reactions: GorillaPimp

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008

Cheers,

Luckych
Your use of the date in the headline is misleading.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

maklein

Jan 15, 2005
Bucharest
Candian ICS

Question is: can't we (Europeans) use the Canadian ICS on our common GT-P7510? As long as it is the simple WiFi-model, the hardware should be the same, or do Canadian Tabs include different hardware parts than European? Ergo should the software be compatible, as long as there are no carriers involved... does someone have the Canadian ICS as stand-alone software package? I downloaded Kies from the Canadian Samsung-Website, but it didn't found any update for my tab :D

luckych

Apr 2, 2010
Question is: can't we (Europeans) use the Canadian ICS on our common GT-P7510? As long as it is the simple WiFi-model, the hardware should be the same, or do Canadian Tabs include different hardware parts than European? Ergo should the software be compatible, as long as there are no carriers involved... does someone have the Canadian ICS as stand-alone software package? I downloaded Kies from the Canadian Samsung-Website, but it didn't found any update for my tab :D

ICS isn't released yet, but after it has been released you could just download the rom and update your tablet if it's rooted.

Cheers,

Luckych

Caede

Jan 9, 2012
Been using pershoots CM9 builds since March... gotten used to being wifi only, but really looking forward to this. ICS is bootiful on this thing.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a forum for smartphones and tablets.

If you want to talk politics, go somewhere else - such discussion is not welcome here.
    Mod edit:
    No offence intended to the original OP but this thread has strayed far from it's original purpose.
    So from here on out, it's now the focal point for all ICS-related discussion and all the spam that accompanies that.​

Mod edit #2:
    This is now also the official discussion speculation thread for Jelly Bean.
    Given there hasn't been an official ICS release yet, I see no reason to have two speculation threads on the go at the same time.​

-Step666

Edit #3: ICS Has officially been released in the UK and developers have already made roms for it. Please go to http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1053 for Latest information about ICS ROMs.
    The thread has been cleaned and re-opened - please refrain from dragging it off-topic again.

If people do insist on dragging this down into petty bickering and flaming, they will face serious sanctions.
    I don't mind to be thanked, maybe you do, but I liked to take your mood down lol
    Anyway this the truth, you like it or not.

Actually, this is as far from the truth as it can be

It is speculation based on speculation, the fact that you consider it for "the truth" can only show how big your ego is and how wrong you can be.

The only thing "truth" about your statement is the fact that you like to take "our mood down", ie: Being a troll!
    I now have started a petition to collect users demanding an ICS-update for Galaxy Tabs 10.1, Tab 8.9, Tab 7.7, Tab 7.0 Plus including source code now.

The link is as followed:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ics-android-40-ice-cream-sandwich-update-for/

Ok, I don't even know why I am contributing to your trollish post....but in case you didn't know Samsung has planned to release ics....

so...

Why would anyone sign such a petition?????

As for the "demanding" and "now".... well I am sure they could give the update now but I strongly believe it will be as buggy as hell...just look at the sgs2 ics update...

For the last time I take part to such conversation. Be well everyone!

Sent from my amazing 10.1 galaxy tab :)