Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
m8 s-off/unlock is released - including verizon - firewater-soff.com

firewater is the work of beaups and fuses
WeakSauce root is the work of jcase, and will help *some* variants obtain s-off/unlock without using htcdev

please do not rehost, repack, oneclick, integrate, or otherwise molest our binaries.

support is in #firewater on the freenode and andirc networks. you will not get support from the creators in this thread.

any bounties should be paid to firewaterdevs@gmail.com

DO NOT TRY SILLY TRICKS TO GET FIREWATER TO WORK (E.G. FILE COPY TRICKS). IT WORKS THE WAY IT DOES FOR A REASON

Last edited:

JEANRIVERA

Mar 30, 2007
Nazareth, PA
HTC U12+
ASUS ROG Phone 3

WeakSauce root is the work of jcase, and will help *some* variants obtain s-off/unlock without using htcdev

please do not rehost, repack, oneclick, integrate, or otherwise molest our binaries.

support is in #firewater on the freenode and andirc networks. you will not get support from the creators in this thread.

it works on AT&T variant

attachment.php

cc999

Aug 4, 2011
just one question

I have developers edition completely stock, Do I use the WEAKSAUCE method listed on your site?

CC

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
I have developers edition completely stock, Do I use the WEAKSAUCE method listed on your site?

CC

If i were you i would root it and use the first method. firewater is from beaups and fuses. weaksauce is from jcase and says may work. We know for a fact firewater method works if rooted, so go that route ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: cc999

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
hmm I've tried a couple times on my AT&T variant and it keeps powering off my device

It gets up to:

===========================
preparing, one moment

The first bottle is open
chugging..........

Then returns me to the prompt and powers off my device

Reactions: kennypow3rs

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
hmm I've tried a couple times on my AT&T variant and it keeps powering off my device

It gets up to:

preparing, one moment

The first bottle is open
chugging..........

Try flashing a sense ROM and then running firewater I'm gonna try when I get home in a few.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com

It gets up to:

preparing, one moment

The first bottle is open
chugging..........

what rom were you using? IC and elementax was my combo. I imagine any rom with full root, maybe try elementax kernel

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

What is suggestion for best way to just root the Dev Edition, Or link if you can supply....

CC

easiest way is to install custom recovery then a custom rooted rom. If un familiar with how to do that that then s-off is probably not something you need.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
Reactions: djkinetic

housry23

Sep 23, 2009
Springfield, OH

It gets up to:

preparing, one moment

The first bottle is open
chugging..........

Are you running GPE Rom? Also, make sure you don't touch your device at all. That made it fail on me. One more tip. Wait a few seconds before running adb shell command to let the device settle. It seems the phone kicks me out of adb shell mode after a few seconds and I had to type it again. Worked for me, but I have the Dev Edition running ARHD. I had to try 2 times because I unlocked the screen to see if I had to do anything phone wise. And... make sure adb is allowed root access in Superuser settings.

Nvmd, you got it working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DO NOT TRY SILLY TRICKS TO GET FIREWATER TO WORK (E.G. FILE COPY TRICKS). IT WORKS THE WAY IT DOES FOR A REASON
    Binary is stable, will advise user if device cannot be supported. Support is available in IRC as per the OP. Not much more to do here other than go OT, so closing thread.
    Boys i am S-OFF :)

So i did it on this way after 3 days of trying.

follow firewater instruction.
    then type yes and when it comes in firewater to preparing, one moment.
    Copy any custom rom to your internal sd-card.
    First bottle S-OFF :)

But with this way you can BRICK your device, so think twice!!
    Wow. I just got on here today to S-OFF a friend's M8 and this is just...really really sad. I've been using xda for years. And before I made an account here, I was a lurker for the longest time, enjoying the amazing work the people here do.

Let me begin by stating that I really respect and appreciate you guys for the work and effort put into these exploits, but charging $25 just seems wrong to me. It's just my opinion and it's your work and you're entitled to charge $100000 for it if you want to, but it still seems wrong. It feels like it goes against what this community stands for. I feel like we're all a big family here, and though there are annoying little brats who storm into xda with an entitled mentality and cause massive amounts of sh** for everybody, I wouldn't do something that inhibits the ability of us to function as a community.

There are a lot of people who will refuse to pay for this kind of service but would normally unlock and S-OFF their phones like most of us, without hesitation or question. Now they cannot without paying a fee, and this alienates a lot of people. And it asks a bigger question as well. Alienating these people reduces the numbers of this community. Is that what everybody wants?? Do you want xda to shrink into some small form of it's former glory, where only those with money are able to unlock their devices fully???

jcase and beaups, I wish you guys all the best and respect you deeply, but it doesn't change the way I feel about this. This feels wrong.
    /yawn. Here we go again. Spend a few hundred hours and thousands of dollars, find you own exploit, and release it for free. Then you can feel "right" again.

$25 shouldn't alienate anyone with a $600 phone.
    No need to get sarcastic and */yawn* as if I don't have a valid argument. I sent you a PM.
    I read your pm and responded. My post and feelings on the matter stand.

edit: Actually, I didn't even realize I was the OP in this thread, whoops. I'm going to go ahead and close it now. SunShine discussions can happen in the SunShine threads. We've explained in great detail there how/why charging for SunShine came about.