Echo while auxiliary connection to car??

Search This thread

burgerpimp07

Dec 25, 2010
My roomate has a verizon phone that he's hooked up to his car to listen to pandora/make phone calls via auxiliary cable to his car. Sounds great so I decided to give it a try.

I have tried 5+ auxiliary cables, even ones with built in mics. The person on the other end of the phone hears an annoying echo and makes phone calls unbearable, help?

I also tried it on my girlfriends fascinate, same problem.

Last edited:

burgerpimp07

Dec 25, 2010
How loud do you have the radio? I do this all the time with no issues

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Just loud enough to hear without trouble. Just so were on the same page, this is simply connecting your phone to your cd deck to hear the other person talking through your car speakers. I've tried it with both my epic and my girlfriends fascinate using many cables on three different cars with same results. :\

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21
Your phone's microphone goes into speaker phone mode when external speakers are connected (i.e. your car stereo), and at the same time the audio is coming out of multiple, larger speakers whereas it would normally come out of one much smaller speaker. The software will still use the same noise cancellation algorithm regardless, so it probably can't filter out the stereo as well because it is tuned for the built-in speaker. Maybe there is an app for that?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
Your phone's microphone goes into speaker phone mode when external speakers are connected (i.e. your car stereo), and at the same time the audio is coming out of multiple, larger speakers whereas it would normally come out of one much smaller speaker. The software will still use the same noise cancellation algorithm regardless, so it probably can't filter out the stereo as well because it is tuned for the built-in speaker. Maybe there is an app for that?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

You are correct but the microphone is only enabled when using had phones with a microphone. I've used my phone numerous times connected to the car threw the aux port with out no issues.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk