[ROM] Ubuntdroid 4.5, 8.5+ mflops

Search This thread

Joeseph Mother

Sep 13, 2009
Kernel source was never posted, so I took it down, cause I guess it violates some really stupid forum rules....I'm sure people know by now they can find this on some of the better smartphone websites.

Last edited:

mcmikecruz1

Sep 21, 2010
This is great you guys, best thing to happen to the intercept

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

enzomtrx

Feb 11, 2010
bama
I agree. Aside from the virgin mobile voicemail problem, this rom is the most stable I've installed. These intercepts are crap...only option for virgin prepaid. :-(

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

delgotit99

Aug 22, 2009
Last edited:

enzomtrx

Feb 11, 2010
bama
I like nightlies! As soon as my girl let's me mess with her phone, ill slap this baby on there. 4.2 is the best her phone has seen. 2weeks, she hasn't had a fc or needed to reboot for those odd reasons that occur time to time.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

fred L

Feb 24, 2009
Port Aransas Texas
where to get custom recovery for intercept?

Sorry if this is a noob question, but which custom recoverys work with this phone? I read in an unrelated post about inxane's, but haven't found how to get it on the phone yet.

Last edited:

bigwooly

Nov 23, 2010
Sorry if this is a noob question, but which custom recoverys work with this phone? I read in an unrelated post about inxane's, but haven't found how to get it on the phone yet.

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/int...important-features-working!)-(updated-11311)/

That's inxanes most current recovery. Works Great it's what i use.

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/intercept-development/vampirefo-recovery-10578/

Vampirefo's recovery - works just fine as well.

jles1693

Apr 8, 2010
hillsboro
We are proud to present to you, Ubuntdroid v4.5. This ROM is the works of bigt62187, wwsean08, dodgejcr and myself. This is also the first FULL ROM for the Intercept 2.2

I would like to add a special thanks to one_love_420 for making the UD_black theme for us, you are just amazing one_love. And also CMAC for creating a logo.png for us.

Includes:
A new version of crUDkernel made for Ubuntdroid
CM01 recovery made by inxane and myself.
JIT enabled (thanks leshak)
Reboot/Recovery MOD
Full battery notification removal MOD
Newer Acclaim libraries
Custom logo.png
UD boot animation
Awesome UD_black theme by one_love_420
Zeam launcher
Themed FANCY WIDGET made by one_love_420
Transparent Pandora widget
Removed Sprint bloatware
Prop editor
Linpack
Quadrant
Connect bot
Wifi Tether
Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard (thanks to matttrout for getting the errors worked out)

ud4.png

Pre Requirements:
Must have Sprint DL05 2.2 FroYo (VM users use at your own risk)
Must have a custom recovery
NOTE: THE 5% BATTERY MOD CAUSES BOOTLOOPS IF YOU WIPE DATA. A VERSION WITHOUT THE 5% BATTERY MOD IS NOW AVAILABLE.

Things to remember:
1.) Always make a backup
2.) Wipe dalvik cache
3.) And its not my fault you didnt listen and bricked you phone

Installing Ubuntdroid
1.) Make sure all of the Pre Requirements are met
2.) Download 4.5 with 5% battery mod OR Download 4.5 without 5% battery mod
3.) Move to corresponding folder based on your recovery
4.) Make backup
5.) Flash zip
6.) Enjoy wonderfulness

Changelog:
Update 02/05 v4.5: Added libs compiled from AOSP. Moved apps back to /system. Added a version without the 5% batt mod due to the /data problem. New kernel with increased pixel clock speed in the video drivers and new Acclaim governors.

Update 01/27: Added 5% battery notifications. Thanks to kendalja. One_love remade the theme with an awesome battery meter.

Update 01/25 Small bug fix: Fixed a typo in the Update-Script. Should fix the rare problem with the market writing to /data.

Update 01/23 Final release: New UD_Crapkernel by Joeseph Mother.A few bug fixes including new script. Added barcode scanner and moved 3rd party apps to /data/apps/. New boot animation (just darker to match the theme). This will delete alot of data but should leave your texts,calls, and apps.

Update 01/22 RC2: Several bug fixes including the no clock bug, A nasty little bug with a soft reboot while installing apps. One_love tweaked the theme for improvements. Moved Zeam to /system. Added a few apps I forgot last release (linpack, quadrant, connectbot, wifi tether)

For support/suggestions or anything else please visit our site at
www.ubuntdroid.com

so it appears that a version 5 of UD came out on sdx here is the link http://forum.sdx-developers.com/intercept-development-2-2/(rom)-ubuntdroid-4-rc-(full-rom)/