[TEST BUILD] CM10 Port For Vibrant [V9]

Search This thread

go_l_den

Sep 26, 2010
I will no longer be maintaining this port, as I have upgraded to a galaxy s3! If anyone wants to take over and or needs instructions for porting this ROM themselves, just send me a message!

Credits go to DerTeufel1980, be18, and all of the other International Galaxy S devs for Jelly Bean!

This is just a slightly modified version of the build for the International SGS (original thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775169)

Steps for flashing

For V9:

1a) If coming from another rom: wipe data/factory reset/format system/wipe cache/wipe dalvik cache
1b) If coming from previous version: delete folder /data/sys-parts before flashing (you should be fine without wipe, but delteing this folder is important), wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache

2) Flash ROM

3) Flash kernel

4) Flash addon (don't flash gapps from an other rom!)

5) Fix permissions

6) Reboot

Downloads

ROM (V8): http://www.mediafire.com/?zxmw7fulb516lcs
Kernel (Use this kernel for V9): http://rootaxbox.no-ip.org/divers/104/jellybean/Devil3_1.0.4_jb_vibrant_CFS_BLN_VC_20120727.zip
CM10 Addons (Use these addons for V9): http://rootaxbox.no-ip.org/divers/devil_jellybean/addons/cm10_addons_devil-V8b.zip

What Works

- Calls/SMS
- Data
- Wifi
- Camera
- Bluetooth (not tested yet)
- GPS
- Google Now
- Google sound recognition (for indentifying music)
- Everything else that isn't listed below...

What Doesn't Work

- Mounting of external sd card to computer (??)
- Others??

Trouble Shooting:
FOR STATUS 7 ERROR
1. Download the Icy Glitch V14 kernel >http://androtransfer.com/latest/vibrant
2. Put the file in your internet SD and Flash the kernel
DO NOT REBOOT
3. In CWM go to ADVANCED -> REBOOT RECOVERY
4. Follow the normal steps in the new CWM console

~ Thanks Waldos!

- If you experience considerable lag after updating from a previous version, flash the rom again and make sure to wipe data and perform a factory reset in the process.

Change log:

V2
- rom slimmed down and gapps/su fix included (thx to bhu1)
- replaced ear.apk with one supposed to work (user report)
- replaced hw composer with the one from nexus s (this is the jb one, old release was using ics hw composer)
- fixed recording of 720p (upstream fix to media_profiles.xml

V2.1
- Added missing Google Sound Search library (Google Ears)
- Added Gmail back into system applications (for some reason it was left out of V2), and gmail notifications should work now!
- Changed build.prop to reflect that the device is a Samsung Vibrant
- Added stock Jelly Bean boot animation

V3
N/A

V4
- built from latest sources as of today (07/19/2012, 4 pm)
- /datadata partition now working
- google tts working now (pico tts already working before?)
- extended power menu
- more menus in settings (some of them still are not finished and lead to a force close of the settings)
- all kernel settings stick after reboot
- using "data-symlink-script" from RolluS to get everything into the rom many thanks for this.

V5
- based on the last release by pawitp (compiled rom is not booting atm, i hope this gets fixed soon)
- fixed notification sounds

V6
- compiled from sources of 23/07/2012, 2 pm
- new boot animation
- removed apex launcher
- fixed installing bug: no need for delting data/sys-parts anymore

V8
- compiled from sources of 25/07/2012
- moved some files from sys-parts back to system and the other way around (trying to optimize the use of /system space)

V9
kernel (1.0.4):
- hack mfc driver, to give all available mem to an application, if the requested mem is more than the max. available (maybe useful later, does not change anything right now (afaik))
- fix execution of boot-patch.sh, disabled twice execution of init.d, enabled tv-out server for all devices (i9000 already had this)
- battery: fix charging display for car dock
- increase read-ahead on moviNAND
Note: The back button is broken on the notification pull down!

User Videos

Thanks wolfie083188!

~ Go L Den

Last edited:

zul8er

Jul 1, 2008
If I didn't need a stable from for work, I would be all over this. I still may give in. See what a few days of testing brings in.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

kevho00

Dec 29, 2010
Miami, FL
Woah Woah woah I got a build prop error!
GT-i9000? I know its a port, but it didn't let me install.
Let me flash i9000 cm9 and try again. I'll be back .

nafeasonto

Jun 19, 2009
Flashing Glitch kernel then the rom worked, I am going to install the rest of the steps.

Edit: Rebooting here we go!

Stupid Question: How do you take on phone screen shots? Like everyone else does.

Last edited:

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
awesome that worked! Booting now. I'll be testing for the next few days. I'll be back tomorrow. Thanks everyone! Goodnight!

Hey can you make sure that Alarm works? I'm using it right now and my alarm is not working.

Actually, no sounds work and I really need my alarm tomorrow, so I guess time to flash back... :(

nafeasonto

Jun 19, 2009
It's smooth which is nice. Can't download anything from market this is the error:

(Error retrieving information from server. [RPC: AEC:0]

Sounds works for me.

nafeasonto

Jun 19, 2009
Yes I flashed everything everything int he exact order from the OP. I forgot to Fix permissions maybe that's why.

How do I take screenies?

Got it.

Last edited:

kevho00

Dec 29, 2010
Miami, FL
Hey! *I know i was suppose to be gone but I couldn't stop playing with jellybean!* Camera works for me ;D with gaaps installed!

Edit: Auto Rotation is turned off by default. Enable it in settings> accessibility

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will no longer be maintaining this port, as I have upgraded to a galaxy s3! If anyone wants to take over and or needs instructions for porting this ROM themselves, just send me a message!

Credits go to DerTeufel1980, be18, and all of the other International Galaxy S devs for Jelly Bean!

This is just a slightly modified version of the build for the International SGS (original thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1775169)

Steps for flashing

For V9:

1a) If coming from another rom: wipe data/factory reset/format system/wipe cache/wipe dalvik cache
    1b) If coming from previous version: delete folder /data/sys-parts before flashing (you should be fine without wipe, but delteing this folder is important), wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache

2) Flash ROM

3) Flash kernel

4) Flash addon (don't flash gapps from an other rom!)

5) Fix permissions

6) Reboot

Downloads

ROM (V8): http://www.mediafire.com/?zxmw7fulb516lcs
    Kernel (Use this kernel for V9): http://rootaxbox.no-ip.org/divers/104/jellybean/Devil3_1.0.4_jb_vibrant_CFS_BLN_VC_20120727.zip
    CM10 Addons (Use these addons for V9): http://rootaxbox.no-ip.org/divers/devil_jellybean/addons/cm10_addons_devil-V8b.zip

What Works

- Calls/SMS
    - Data
    - Wifi
    - Camera
    - Bluetooth (not tested yet)
    - GPS
    - Google Now
    - Google sound recognition (for indentifying music)
    - Everything else that isn't listed below...

What Doesn't Work

- Mounting of external sd card to computer (??)
    - Others??

Trouble Shooting:
    FOR STATUS 7 ERROR
    1. Download the Icy Glitch V14 kernel >http://androtransfer.com/latest/vibrant
    2. Put the file in your internet SD and Flash the kernel
    DO NOT REBOOT
    3. In CWM go to ADVANCED -> REBOOT RECOVERY
    4. Follow the normal steps in the new CWM console

~ Thanks Waldos!

- If you experience considerable lag after updating from a previous version, flash the rom again and make sure to wipe data and perform a factory reset in the process.

Change log:

V2
    - rom slimmed down and gapps/su fix included (thx to bhu1)
    - replaced ear.apk with one supposed to work (user report)
    - replaced hw composer with the one from nexus s (this is the jb one, old release was using ics hw composer)
    - fixed recording of 720p (upstream fix to media_profiles.xml

V2.1
    - Added missing Google Sound Search library (Google Ears)
    - Added Gmail back into system applications (for some reason it was left out of V2), and gmail notifications should work now!
    - Changed build.prop to reflect that the device is a Samsung Vibrant
    - Added stock Jelly Bean boot animation

V3
    N/A

V4
    - built from latest sources as of today (07/19/2012, 4 pm)
    - /datadata partition now working
    - google tts working now (pico tts already working before?)
    - extended power menu
    - more menus in settings (some of them still are not finished and lead to a force close of the settings)
    - all kernel settings stick after reboot
    - using "data-symlink-script" from RolluS to get everything into the rom many thanks for this.

V5
    - based on the last release by pawitp (compiled rom is not booting atm, i hope this gets fixed soon)
    - fixed notification sounds

V6
    - compiled from sources of 23/07/2012, 2 pm
    - new boot animation
    - removed apex launcher
    - fixed installing bug: no need for delting data/sys-parts anymore

V8
    - compiled from sources of 25/07/2012
    - moved some files from sys-parts back to system and the other way around (trying to optimize the use of /system space)

V9
    kernel (1.0.4):
    - hack mfc driver, to give all available mem to an application, if the requested mem is more than the max. available (maybe useful later, does not change anything right now (afaik))
    - fix execution of boot-patch.sh, disabled twice execution of init.d, enabled tv-out server for all devices (i9000 already had this)
    - battery: fix charging display for car dock
    - increase read-ahead on moviNAND
    Note: The back button is broken on the notification pull down!

User Videos

Thanks wolfie083188!

~ Go L Den
    The problem stems from the OP being busy with "life" (which we all have) and others in the community wanting to help but causing the confusion. V9 was not ported by the OP. The OP is only up to V8 but he provides instructions to flash V9. People just need to exercise patience but when they see a new version in the I9000 forum, they immediately want it ported over to the Vibrant.

This is why I am doing my own porting (SlimBean) and my own tweaking right now. I used to do this back in the day so I understand enough to get myself into trouble, LOL. All I can say is that when krarvind decides to bring over SlimBean to the Vibrant, you guys are in for a treat. I am sure he has that on his list since he has a dev Vibrant.

Flashing at times can just be trial and error and by now you guys should know what is going on and understand the basics. If you don't, then you have no business flashing in the first place.
    From the Moderator

To all ....... I am seeing questions that can be answered by doing a search or JUST READING THE STICKIES..... Please.....
    Do your research BEFORE you post .....otherwise you end up looking foolish and you needlessly clutter up the thread. Also, stay on topic.

Thanks ~~ oka1
    Updated to V4!
    Made a quick video review to help out. this is what jelly bean looks like on the vibrant.
    http://youtu.be/I_EofFBMRaw
    Video Is Up!
    Hit thanks if you found this video helpful :D