New OTA update for ICS 100mb patch being pushed in West Coast (REAL) 8/12/12

Search This thread

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
There's a new ota update 100mb patch for ICS already. Anybody install it?

Pulled this from rooted Rom with root explorer in cache.

OTAPkg.zip - 103.70 MB

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• 2012-08-11_21-25-07.jpg
    2012-08-11_21-25-07.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 8,029
Last edited:

rezoundness

Jul 18, 2012
Called Verizon an they said it is real and should now be pushed out slowly to users.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Corki2

Aug 5, 2008
I unlocked and rooted after I flashed the final ICS RUU (I was on a prior leak so I didn't get the OTA. ) What do I have to do to get future OTA's? Sorry if it's been discussed somewhere, I can't find it.

Sent from my Rezound

*Madmoose*

Aug 13, 2011
Build Number 605.1 should say it all.

Along with the original screenshot that said it was downloading 605.12

Last edited:

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
The old build is 3.14.605.12, that shows 4.03.605.1, the first number changed too. Those are both referenced in the original screen shot.

Radios and kernel have newer numbers too..

Guess we'll have to see if someone can get their hands on the update zip...

MicroMod777

Recognized Contributor
The old build is 3.14.605.12, that shows 4.03.605.1, the first number changed too. Those are both referenced in the original screen shot.

Radios and kernel have newer numbers too..

Guess we'll have to see if someone can get their hands on the update zip...

I have update pulled from cache.

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
I can't see any reason why this must be a fake so please let's calm down a bit a see how this will evolve.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, I wanna point out how much I admire the OP... A flame war was started against him, but he never replied to any of the post with an offensive language.

I don't really get the point why the "war" started. The OP had posted pictures and even posted the update, but still people called him a liar.
    The discussion about the "flame war" and all that ends from now on. Pull up your jeans, tie your tie and move on. Stay on topic and if someone tends to start the "war" again, report the post, do not reply.
    I do also expect the users who contributed in the "war" to PM the OP and apologize.

YZ.
    There's a new ota update 100mb patch for ICS already. Anybody install it?

Pulled this from rooted Rom with root explorer in cache.

OTAPkg.zip - 103.70 MB

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OTA ICS patch is real. I put my XDA credentials on the line here.
    After update there was a weird test download also. Never seen this before on any rom.
    Here the ota patch as originally downloaded.

OTAPkg.zip - 103.70 MB

This is exactly what I was going to suggest......this should work for you easily. Don't give up.

Using the toolkit you need to get root, recovery and SU installed....imo It's your best bet. And if you're up to it s off would even be better....but not necessarily needed. I'm also assuming you went to HTC to unlock....any how try what HowardZ suggested....hopefully it works.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Bkhorn and I got on yahoo instant messenger.

I got his phone htcdev unlocked, flashed stock GB recovery, but could not get the .12 RUU zip file to install. The .12 RUU complained about the version of his hboot 2.27.0000

Apparently he did succeed in at least installing the global update's new hboot. And without s-off one can not go backwards flashing an older hboot.

So, I got him on a ROM instead
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1830859

Reflashed the firmware.zip from the global update, and then
    booted into Amon Ra recovery, wiped a bunch of things, and installed the ROM.

His phone is working with the ROM.
    He seems to love it.

Spent a good five hours to figure out I couldn't get him back to .12 stock.

Now, I think he likes the ROM. But if he wants stock .12 with the global update, then I can make a nandroid backup of my phone's system partition with Amon RA recovery and send it to him.

His phone is working. He seems to love the ROM, so my guess is he won't want to be stock .12 with global update.

Howard