T-Mobile stock firmware!

Search This thread

xoltrix2000

Jul 19, 2008
Roto you are the man, can't wait fir a Bell stock Rom.

Sent from my GT-P1000M using XDA App

maniac3389

Jan 30, 2007
Hi Roto.

I've pulled the files for Bell. How do I get them to you?

Thanks.

If you have access to a Linux/Unix/Mac machine then you can use the tar command to roll the ODIN package yourself like so:

Code:
tar --format=ustar -cf PDA.tar cache.rfs dbdata.rfs factoryfs.rfs modem.bin param.lfs zImage

Last edited:

Kikouyou

Sep 28, 2006
Stupid question

Post Removed - All good with flashing process

Last edited:

mv3900

Dec 4, 2008
If you have access to a Linux/Unix/Mac machine then you can use the tar command to roll the ODIN package yourself like so:

Code:
tar --format=ustar -cf PDA.tar cache.rfs dbdata.rfs factoryfs.rfs modem.bin param.lfs zImage

Thanks Rotohammer and maniac3389. I do have a linux box, so i'll try in a bit. Once i have the package, how can i tell if it's going to work? Since i haven't flashed a rom on my tab, if i use odin would i know if it worked?

Thanks

sorry, forgot to ask:

You mentioned that the efs.rfs file contains the imei. Do i need to include this in the package for Odin, or can i leave this out.

Sorry, just noticed that it's not in the package. How would one go about putting the efs.rfs file back on if one needed to?

Sorry for the questions, but I've just started using Linux and Android.

Thanks.

Took a while, but I now have the PDA.tar file. I would still like to know how I'd be able to tell if this is going to work. Do I need to flash a different ROM, and reflash using this?

I guess my only concern is that if I didn't do it right, I won't be able to go back to Bell stock ROM.

Thanks.

Last edited:

maniac3389

Jan 30, 2007
Took a while, but I now have the PDA.tar file. I would still like to know how I'd be able to tell if this is going to work. Do I need to flash a different ROM, and reflash using this?

I guess my only concern is that if I didn't do it right, I won't be able to go back to Bell stock ROM.

I would definitely try mounting your factoryfs.rfs file. (I think that non-working .rfs files, i.e. bad dumps, don't mount properly) Using my Ubuntu virtual machine I use the command:
Code:
sudo mount -o ro,loop /path/to/factoryfs.rfs /path/to/mountpoint

Once you get it mounted you can browse it. When rotohammer and myself made our ODIN packages, it appears that all of our files (all of the ones inside the tar) ended up being the same sizes, which makes sense because we dumped them the same way. (By no means an end-all kind of check, but it did stick out to me)

Have you looked at the other thread about creating a usable dump? (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=850359)

(As for the being new to it, I know that I, myself, am not a master of Linux and Android. There is no shame asking questions, we all gotta learn somehow, right? :))

Reactions: zombierockstar

partie

Jan 4, 2008
Yes, just for you!

After 2 weeks of work, I have recreated an Odin package of the stock T-Mobile firmware.

Flash it in Odin from the PDA button, no .pit file, nothing else.

It contains no bootloader because I don't want anyone to brick their device with a bad flashing.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped me, but especially jtc442 and Deodexed.

http://files.deodexed.com/ModADroid-Galaxy-Tablet/T-Mobile/T-Mobile_Stock.zip

Great work! You get a gold star.... Ha!

slimatic

Aug 28, 2009
I downloaded the T-Mobile_Stock.zip file. I tried to use the File[Download] option to grap the file but it does not show in the PDA section nor the Phone/CSC sections either. It wants .tar files Am I missing something? Can you clarify?

maniac3389

Jan 30, 2007
I downloaded the T-Mobile_Stock.zip file. I tried to use the File[Download] option to grap the file but it does not show in the PDA section nor the Phone/CSC sections either. It wants .tar files Am I missing something? Can you clarify?

Did you unzip it? There should be a tar file inside of the zip, that's what goes in PDA.

Sent from my SGH-I987 using XDA App

maniac3389

Jan 30, 2007
Did not find the tar file. Contents were:

dbdata.rfs
modem.bin
cache.rfs
factoryfs.rfs
zImage
param.lfs

It sounds like somehow you unzipped then untarred it. If I remember correctly, the tar was inside of the zip. Those files listed are the contents of the tar archive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

slimatic

Aug 28, 2009
It sounds like somehow you unzipped then untarred it. If I remember correctly, the tar was inside of the zip. Those files listed are the contents of the tar archive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Nope. I think the original file must have changed. I followed the download link to the parent directory and also found these in there:

Parent directory: files.deodexed.com/ModADroid-Galaxy-Tablet/T-Mobile/

ATT_Stock.zip 01-Dec-2010 08:43 214456k
P1000-JM6.tar 01-Dec-2010 01:09 326676k
T-Mobile_Stock.zip 29-Nov-2010 20:12 234356k

It might have been repackaged. Is P100-JM6 the tar you are referring to?

msewidan

Nov 14, 2010
Roothammer,
I unlocked my network using the old method that "corrupted" my imei and serial. And of course didn't back up :( If I flash your tmobile firmware, would that fix them back? Thanks alot for your help, you dont know me but I learned a lot from you.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Volker1

Jul 31, 2009

martin0641

Jul 22, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Since the IMEI is also on the back of the tab with a little white sticker is there not a way to put it back?

Also, I thought the IMEI was usually stored in hardware and software, does changing the software value really replicate to the tower?

Sent from fone...

rotohammer

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
Since the IMEI is also on the back of the tab with a little white sticker is there not a way to put it back?

Yes, if you know the encryption algorithm and key used to encrypt the IMEI in the nv_data.bin file.

Also, I thought the IMEI was usually stored in hardware and software, does changing the software value really replicate to the tower?

Anecdotal evidence suggests yes, as anyone with a corrupted IMEI could get internet access using a phone/internet service SIM card for around 30 minutes, then was blocked. As soon as they restored their original nv_data.bin file, they became instantly blocked from the internet.

Kikouyou

Sep 28, 2006
Anyone getting a pop-up with "Error 1002a" after flashing this FW?
This pop-up stays on top of all apps and only goes with reboot

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, just for you!

After 2 weeks of work, I have recreated an Odin package of the stock T-Mobile firmware.

Flash it in Odin from the PDA button, no .pit file, nothing else.

It contains no bootloader because I don't want anyone to brick their device with a bad flashing.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped me, but especially jtc442 and Deodexed.

http://files.deodexed.com/ModADroid-Galaxy-Tablet/T-Mobile/T-Mobile_Stock.zip

Stock T-Mobile modem.bin: View attachment modem-tmo-stock.zip
    Does it allow calls + 3g?

Nope, its purpose is to revert to the original non-phone firmware with 3G internet only.

I would definitely try mounting your factoryfs.rfs file. (I think that non-working .rfs files, i.e. bad dumps, don't mount properly) Using my Ubuntu virtual machine I use the command:
    Code:
    sudo mount -o ro,loop /path/to/factoryfs.rfs /path/to/mountpoint

Once you get it mounted you can browse it. When rotohammer and myself made our ODIN packages, it appears that all of our files (all of the ones inside the tar) ended up being the same sizes, which makes sense because we dumped them the same way. (By no means an end-all kind of check, but it did stick out to me)

Have you looked at the other thread about creating a usable dump? (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=850359)

(As for the being new to it, I know that I, myself, am not a master of Linux and Android. There is no shame asking questions, we all gotta learn somehow, right? :))
    Roto, can you please send me the original US Tmobile GT modem? thanks in advance!!

I'm putting it in the 1st post now.
    But the only firmware i have flashed are all of your JME versions and before that it was the original JME, so am i SOL???

yes, you flashed the Original JME. But there will be a fix soon.