[Q] P990 new rom

Search This thread

RestInPiss

Nov 29, 2011
Olomouc
Hello masters,
I have some problems with ( maybe ) my stock rom V20L. ( twice daily, sometimes more than once, i hear scrap sound or noise and after this sound dont play ( silent mode) any sound or notification, alarm just nothind:(
i must restart phone ... and after restart is all OK :)

I Want try instal new rom maybe test CyanogenMod9 ? or i need yours expression, because I do not know what to expect..
I never had custom rom. ( what is +pros or -cons for this rom )

I cant reclamation because i have Root
Sorry for english.

SP1996AC

Nov 13, 2011
Enschede
Hi!

At least you got root, that makes things easier... :D

Anyway, the thing is, you actually need to read yourself in order to choose the best rom... But, I can give you my opinion. ;)

The best custom rom so far is in my opinion Temaseks CM7 KANG (my signature). I know CM9 is already available to us, thanks to our awesome developers :D, but it's still in alpha phase and not everything is working properly, So if I were you I would stick to CM7 until CM9 totally works. (which shouldn't take very long) But, it's your choice obviously... :D

Make sure to make a full backup though when you want to flash either CM7 or CM9, because you need to wipe everything when you come from stock... :D

nexus2515

Jan 26, 2011
Chandigarh
Yeah he's right - in my opinion, try temasek's latest 71- its quite stable and awesome .....

Wipe everything after backup before flashing any rom so that everything works good

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA

Kareivis

Mar 4, 2012
Hi RestInPiss,
Personnaly i use CM7 nightly With kernel swiftextrem power save.
Sorry, i can't give you the links of download because i am new user.
And it's very stable :)

morenosorina

Mar 5, 2012
Serravalle Scrivia
hi , the best rom is cm7 temasek 72..
make sure u do a full nandroid backup first and when u want to come back to stock rom remember to convert to ext3 filesystem first of restore the backup..
To increase the volume like stock rome use the app volume+, and to increase the camera photo and videos quality install stock camera mod by Kostia..
Hope this helps..
Cheers

iExitus

Mar 12, 2012
Stuttgart
I really love nova HD +. It's CM9 based and it's getting updated a the time. But there are are few things which doesn't walk perfectly.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

presto_92_

Dec 27, 2011
aokp 4.0.3 or kang 2.3.7

I use AOKP Mileston 4. In this rom there are same bugs of CM9 (no decoding/encoding video, some app for ICS are glitchy), but there rom is quite stable and smooth.

Also Temasek Kang CM7 with EtAna kernel by vadonka is a good choice =)