Remove recent apps button from button combination.

Search This thread

Harmtan2

Feb 26, 2013
Salt Lake City
Is there a way to move this off the button combination? I want to replace it with my menu key using xposed, but it won't let me remove the Recents. Kinda a pet peeve of mine.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
Is there a way to move this off the button combination? I want to replace it with my menu key using xposed, but it won't let me remove the Recents. Kinda a pet peeve of mine.

Same here. I really hope someone figures this out. I prefer holding Home to get my Recent Apps list and instead would like my Menu key be always visible.

partylikeaninjastar

Apr 13, 2012
SF Bay Area
How often do you all actually use a menu key to need it to be so prominent, though? Personally, I'd rather have my recent key default to the last app with a long press to all apps, but I personally can't see myself needing to use a menu button often enough to have it on my navigation bar (I took away the press and hold for menu entirely on my phone).

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
I like having the press and hold menu option that way I don't need to stretch my thumb when I am one handing the phone.

siraltus

Jan 26, 2010
How often do you all actually use a menu key to need it to be so prominent, though? Personally, I'd rather have my recent key default to the last app with a long press to all apps, but I personally can't see myself needing to use a menu button often enough to have it on my navigation bar (I took away the press and hold for menu entirely on my phone).

I use it a lot, it's faster for me. You don't. The option should be there so that we can choose what fits our individual needs. It's called personal preference.

partylikeaninjastar

Apr 13, 2012
SF Bay Area
I use it a lot, it's faster for me. You don't. The option should be there so that we can choose what fits our individual needs. It's called personal preference.
Don't get your panties in a bunch over a simple question. I never said YOU don't need the option, I was only wondering how often those requesting it use a menu button over task switching.

Maybe whatever phone you can from had a menu button while my Nexus devices didn't. And speaking of Nexus, I really liked how a menu button could set to appear on either the left or right sides whenever it was usable.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Harmtan2

Feb 26, 2013
Salt Lake City
Don't get your panties in a bunch over a simple question. I never said YOU don't need the option, I was only wondering how often those requesting it use a menu button over task switching.

Maybe whatever phone you can from had a menu button while my Nexus devices didn't. And speaking of Nexus, I really liked how a menu button could set to appear on either the left or right sides whenever it was usable.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I use it quite a bit. Came from a Gs4 which had it built in on the capacitive buttons below the screen. I would like to have it back and set the how button long press to do Recents. No big deal though, I'll just have to wait. Maybe I'll be used to it and it won't matter much when they've come up with a fix.