[RESOLVED] WIFI ERROR after unlock/root. Camera also not working

Search This thread

heinrich

Nov 13, 2005
Wifi no longer works on my 2.3.1 Nexus S after rooting. Can anyone please help? I see possible driver solutions to the same problem under Nexus S, but assume the driver for Nexus S is not the same. When I try to enable wifi it says ERROR. I just discovered the camera also is not working.

Edit: Momohamed20's stock NAND fixed all my problems YAY!!

Last edited:

jboehle

Dec 22, 2010
I've seen Wifi not work on mine running 2.3.1, I haven't rooted, usually it's after I try to turn on Wifi Hotspot and get the "Error" message, then Wifi won't work again until I reboot.

heinrich

Nov 13, 2005
well i've rebooted and gone to fastboot and restore boot many times ... no difference

heinrich

Nov 13, 2005
Dudes this is totally not cool. My phone is hosed. All I did was take a working 2.3.1 and unlock/root it

Bronk93

Oct 31, 2009
Central, FL
I just got my NS today its rooted with working camera and wifi, I'm also on 2.3.1. What I did was unlock the bootloader and rooted using the superboot method. You don't have to mess with anything else. I've read in several posts if you use other methods it can cause the issues your having

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

unremarked

Jun 18, 2009
Out There
No I haven't tried the MCR o CM7 -- no idea what they are but will go find out.

Ah, okay, MCR is Modaco Custom Rom and CM7 is Cyanogenmod 7. They're both very good custom ROMS based on Android 2.3.1 with some added features and/or other changes. MCR is closer to stock, imo, if that's something you're interested in.

In order to flash them to your device you need to be rooted(which you said you are), and be able to flash Clockwork Recovery via fastboot or ROM Manager. If you're not familiar with Clockwork recovery/ROM Manager, check out this thread before proceeding: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=875875

heinrich

Nov 13, 2005
If someone can help me find the stock system rom I think it will fix tghe wifi problem .... camera now works.