CyanogenMod on LGC660

Search This thread

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010
Ricardo !! or any one else !!

Can anyone else give me a working KDZ firmware of LG C660.

I need to reflash the original firmware .

Thanks in advance

Most LG phones can be flashed from LG's support tool (the one you download from their site). You may need to use the Emergency Recovery menu, but it usually works.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

The latest version of Rom Manager 4.8.0.7,

And with that version installed on the stock ROM you had the same "Illegal Instruction" problem?

varoon88

May 25, 2011
Most LG phones can be flashed from LG's support tool (the one you download from their site). You may need to use the Emergency Recovery menu, but it usually works.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Found a kdz and flashed it. Now im up and running.
Thanks

And with that version installed on the stock ROM you had the same "Illegal Instruction" problem?

Yes that version gives us Illegal instruction problem

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010
Yes that version gives us Illegal instruction problem

OK, get that out of the device, please (adb pull /data/data/com.koushikdutta.rommanager/files/flash_image), put it in a zip, and attach it here. I need to take a look at that binary, I really can't reproduce this, and I already tried 3 different versions of stock.

Reactions: Angenit

Angenit

Dec 15, 2011
Here you are. (I get the same of everyone)

Attachments

• flash_image.zip
    45.3 KB · Views: 70

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
OK, get that out of the device, please (adb pull /data/data/com.koushikdutta.rommanager/files/flash_image), put it in a zip, and attach it here. I need to take a look at that binary, I really can't reproduce this, and I already tried 3 different versions of stock.

Please find the flash_image attached from the ROMManager v4.0.8.7 (installed from market)

PS:@Ricardo
thanks for your help in identifying the issue and your help in fixing it(with your replacement flash_image).......

I was able to succesfully accomplish the below .......

#. I was able to flash the CWM Recovery successfully !

#. Backed up a fully Loaded LG stock ROM(with all my apps)

#. Reset to Factory defaults from the recovery

#. Backed up a factory reset LG ROM(with bare minimum essential apps like ROM Managers, Titanium Backup, etc)

#. After the above Backups i successfully restored to my Loaded ROM backed up a while ago.

A big hearty thanks to Koushik and his ROM Manager App ;););)

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
I got it to work man, just got a KDZ original firmware and flashed it with KDZ updater.
Didnt loose anythin :D Its great

So you are really running CM7 right now on your pro ??

Hey Great mann !!!!!!! ;)

Why don't you create a new thread on the procedure you followed to the last T .......and post its link on this thread.......that way users will know of a procedure that worked on our model of the device. Also post the issue before posting the resolution !!!

Nope i haven't yet modded the CM7 !!!
not sure on the nightly builds yet, researching about them for now !!!

;)

Last edited:

varoon88

May 25, 2011
Hey Great mann !!!!!!! ;)

Why don't you create a new thread on the procedure you followed to the last T .......and post its link on this thread.......that way users will know of a procedure that worked on our model of the device. Also post the issue before posting the resolution !!!

Nope i haven't yet modded the CM7 !!!
not sure on the nightly builds yet, researching about them for now !!!

;)

Good idea man, We all pro people gotta stick together !

just made a thread for that. :D

I will now do exactly like you did for the flash_image and hope my recovery works.

Thanks man

Angenit

Dec 15, 2011
As well as aiamuzz, I used the flash_image given by aremcee and it worked!!! Thanks, now just want to know which nightly should I use

Last edited:

varoon88

May 25, 2011
Please extract the file somewhere and then run this command

adb push /complete/path/where/file/has/been/extracted /flash_image /data/local/

What would be the output after this command ?? If i put space between /Flash_image ----------- /data/local/
I get No SUCH File or directory

If i put no space between them, Android Debug Bridge version along with list of commands

and if i do Flashing then the error in 6-7 lines was something like this
mtd: re-read error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: write error at 0x00000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: re-read error at 0x0000000 (Out of memory)
mtd: skipping write block at 0x00000000

Now I am afraid if i reboot normal or recovery i will again be stuck on LG logo.

Help Plz

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
Good idea man, We all pro people gotta stick together !

just made a thread for that. :D

I will now do exactly like you did for the flash_image and hope my recovery works.

Thanks man

Please post the link to that thread on this thread ... with a brief summary of what you encountered and how the solution played out.

I am undecided too...about which nightly build to try.......

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

What would be the output after this command ?? If i put space between /Flash_image ----------- /data/local/
I get No SUCH File or directory

If i put no space between them, Android Debug Bridge version along with list of commands

and if i do Flashing then the error in 6-7 lines was something like this

Now I am afraid if i reboot normal or recovery i will again be stuck on LG logo.

Help Plz

Which operating System do you use ? Windows/Linux ???

varoon88

May 25, 2011
windows 7 64bit

Im trying everythin again !

Seems like i cant push Ricardo`s Flash_image to /data/local/
fa
It always says : cannot stat ' /complete/path/where/file/has/been/extracted/flash_image' :No such file or directory

Last edited:

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
I am back-linking to the post ...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20969442&postcount=47

In simple terms you have to copy the Flash_image file to a folder on the phone
change its permissions with the CHMOD command and then Flash the downloaded Flash recovery

Please post the complete outputs after each step as mentioned on the post above.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Ok open command prompt...go to the folder(from within DOS) where flash_image was extracted

run this command

Code:
adb push flash_image /data/local/

(hope your adb runs from anywhere in the command prompt - it only happens if you have added the path to the adb executables in envirionment variables)

the output should be something like

Code:
223 KB/s (13964 bytes in 0.060s)

Through with this step without issues ?
let me know...

varoon88

May 25, 2011
I am back-linking to the post ...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20969442&postcount=47

In simple terms you have to copy the Flash_image file to a folder on the phone
change its permissions with the CHMOD command and then Flash the downloaded Flash recovery

Please post the complete outputs after each step as mentioned on the post above.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Ok open command prompt...go to the folder(from within DOS) where flash_image was extracted

run this command

Code:
adb push flash_image /data/local/

(hope your adb runs from anywhere in the command prompt - it only happens if you have added the path to the adb executables in envirionment variables)

the output should be something like

Code:
223 KB/s (13964 bytes in 0.060s)

Through with this step without issues ?
let me know...

I cant run ADB from anywhere it seems, is that the issue ??
I went into the folder where flash image is and then i get Adb is not recognised. Check pic

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 32

Angenit

Dec 15, 2011
Try this varoon:

2nd way = click the Start button, right-click “My Computer”(Computer for Vista/7) and select “Properties”.
If your using XP, your there. If your using Vista/7, click on Advanced system settings on the left side.

You should now be in the System Properties window.
Click on the Advanced tab.
Click on the Evironment Variables... button
In the System variables(lower box), scroll through the list until you see Path under the Variable column.
Click on it to highlite it, click on the Edit... button.

We are going to add our path to adb, where we installed the SDK, in the Variable value: box.
Make sure your cursor is at the end of the last entry, and type (For example) this:

;C:\android\tools\

Be sure not to have any spaces and there is a semi-colon in front!
(If your local drive isn't C: then just use the letter of your drive instead of C: )
Click OK on everything, and close Control Panel if it's open.

Source: http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/android-hacks/734-how-adb-windows-easy-way.html

-------

aiamuzz are you using any nightly? I don't know which I have to use.

Last edited:

aiamuzz

Dec 24, 2011
I cant run ADB from anywhere it seems, is that the issue ??
I went into the folder where flash image is and then i get Adb is not recognised. Check pic

Assuming you have installed AndroidSDK

Extract the flash_image to the /AndroidSDK/Platform-tools/ (you can delete it later)

open a cmd line go to the platform-tools folder where the ADB executables are present and where you have extracted the flash_image.

From there run the 'adb push' command and post the output !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I really like this! I allways help when people needs help... I think i'm very kind, but not one 'thank you!', nothing!

So nice :) - not!
    aremcee is Ricardo !!!
    sorry i didn't look into your profile...
    thanks for looking into.

OK, got it. It's a bug in ROM Manager, I'll ask koush to take a look. In the meantime, use the attached flash_image (unzip it, "adb push flash_image /data/local/; chmod 755 /data/local/flash_image)
    Can the experts from this forum help the 'LG Optimus Pro C660' users with the issue of not being able to boot into recovery/bootloader to create a nandroid backup.

As users have already posted here, every time we try to boot into recovery through the following ways...

1. Rom Manager
    2. Key Combinations (Vol Up/Dn + Home + Power button)
    3. Quickboot App
    4. A command through the ADB Shell

All the above has resulted in a factory default restore. A green Android'bot appears for a second and so, and the phone is restored to factory settings.

Please Help !!!!!!!

PS : Seems like the Bootloader/recovery needs to be cracked for this LG Optimus Pro C660.

thanks,

Exactly the same problem as my other PRO friends. plz sombody help us.

Recovery seems to be the issue, But guys. Check out this guys, who actually released CM7 on optimus pro

Search for "Ricardo Cerqueira" on Google plus

Scroll down and you will see pictures of CM7 working on pro. So seems he has un -locked the bootloader. Plzz somebody share with us :D
    Just to add as a datapoint - I installed 7.2 RC on my C660R (canadian version called gossip pro, fido networks).

Ran into a few issues at first:
    1. com.android.phone kept crashing. was able to find out from aLogCat that it was a StkService process issue (sim card toolkit). I bought a new simcard (was running an old card), and that issue went away. I also unlocked my phone at the same time, so it may have been that as well.

2. SD card unmounting issue - was using a no name 2GB that came with the phone. Switched it with a Kingston class 4 SD card, and unmounts have gone away

Hope this helps anyone with a LG Gossip Pro C660R