HTC One X VS OUR Nexus?

Search This thread

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
The phone looks hot and all but I'll never move away from AMOLED technology, its way too nice compared to traditional LCD. Also yeah it has some nice tegra 3 power, but the Galaxy Nexus is an amazing phone, I'll be holding onto it until the next Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

dmmarck

Apr 11, 2011
The phone looks hot and all but I'll never move away from AMOLED technology, its way too nice compared to traditional LCD. Also yeah it has some nice tegra 3 power, but the Galaxy Nexus is an amazing phone, I'll be holding onto it until the next Nexus.

The Verge was practically gushing when talking about its LCD...

Reactions: case0

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
The Verge was practically gushing when talking about its LCD...

It still doesn't have pure blacks like the AMOLED screens do, I'm sure the colors are vibrant, possibly just as vibrant as it is on our phones and the text and images are probably more crisp but I'm used to the true blacks that only AMOLED can provide.

coolbry95

Jul 1, 2010
So is the galaxy nexus going to last two years and not be an mp3 player before the two years is up? How long will it last?

dmmarck

Apr 11, 2011
It still doesn't have pure blacks like the AMOLED screens do, I'm sure the colors are vibrant, possibly just as vibrant as it is on our phones and the text and images are probably more crisp but I'm used to the true blacks that only AMOLED can provide.

Good point.

So is the galaxy nexus going to last two years and not be an mp3 player before the two years is up? How long will it last?

Who knows? A week? 4 months? 8 years? Can't predict technology. The only constant is terrible battery life ;).

jekyoo_style

Mar 22, 2010
Chicago
Yes you will notice, same as dual core vs single core. With 1GB of data more resources can be loaded for the launcher. I like not having my launcher not have to be reloaded all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Okay let's not over exaggerate. Going from 512mb ram to 1gb ram is NOT equal to single-core to dual-core.

Having 1GB of ram maybe helpful when you're running heavy apps but for regular use, it is not notable.

To clarify anyways, the One X and S have 1gb of ram. So the original post about it being 512mb is false anyways.

Reactions: efrant

15israellai

Jan 24, 2012
Oxford
0_0
... Nexus s and Galaxy Nexus will be future proof. I'm only supporting Samsung they seem to be the only consistent company as far as devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

Yea the Nexuses are future-proof alright, but those quad core phones still make me envious... Especially now that Nvidia keeps showing off their technology, say battery saving and touch sensitivity.

And what do you mean by consistent?

No one mentioned about the camera!? Seriously... the camera is a beast in these new HTC.

Sigh I do want an amazing camera.

Blazing on my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium app

Last edited:

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Yea the Nexuses are future-proof alright, but those quad core phones still make me envious... Especially now that Nvidia keeps showing off their technology, say battery saving and touch sensitivity.

And what do you mean by consistent?

Blazing on my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium app

Putting out good product. LG fail, htc fail. I'm sure I'm not speaking for myself when I say people are waiting for the SGS3 more than what everyone else has to offer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

KeithRVA

Jun 4, 2010
Richmond, VA
I think the One X hardware looks very nice, especially the new look of the earpiece and speaker grill. Don't like how the camera lens protrudes so much, and that it looks the same as every HTC phone since the Evo, but that is minor. The big thing will be the camera performance in the One X. It will be tough to beat for sure, even for the next iphone. I don't feel my Nexus is or will be outdated because of the One X or anything else announced at MWC. Nexus phones often don't have the highest specs. The Nexus One only had a 5mp camera, and its close cousin the Droid Incredible had an 8mp. The Nexus S was not at all the most loaded device when it launched. I think the Galaxy Nexus is definitely loaded with some great specs, and I don't mind that it is average in certain areas. I knew what to expect when I bought the phone, so I'm not terribly disappointed seeing some of these cool new phones coming out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

SouthernEvo

Aug 6, 2010
Jacksonville FL
Im not really concerned about quad core phones . I mean seriously what kind of stuff are you doing on your phones that requires that much power to process ? Dual core atleast in my opinion is more than ample for a phone . The Gnex is fast as it is , I dont see a quad core phone being that much faster than what we have now . Yes I know there are some that like overclocking their phones . But in all the average user isnt even gonna notice the quad core difference if there is even a difference in how phones work now . If anything HTC needs to be pushing on improving their battery life by either making a design that incorporates a bigger battery or something along those lines . Yeah I know there are few places now a days most people dont have a charger handy but I do miss the days of unplugging a cellphone and forgetting about it . You can also go in the other direction of this , ok quad core phone might be faster and blow the nexus out of the water . Then six months later another manufacturer is gonna release another beast of a phone thats gonna blow that one out of the water . Its a never ending cycle . Me Im happy with the Nexus , smooth operating with minimal issues , quick and enjoyable phone . I have no plans on giving up the nexus anytime soon . You also know that when it comes to HTC , yeah by the time this is release yeah it will have ICS , while the nexus will be running Jellybean or whatever the next OS is gonna be . Sure enough the HTC will still be waiting for that update to come down the pipeline . Sorry I put my chips on the Nexus and stay there .

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
I think the Galaxy Nexus is definitely loaded with some great specs, and I don't mind that it is average in certain areas. I knew what to expect when I bought the phone, so I'm not terribly disappointed seeing some of these cool new phones coming out.

I think this is a great point to take away from all these announcements. You knew what you were getting into with the Nexus. You don't buy it for the raw specs.

Simer03

Apr 17, 2010
I just don't see a reason in having a quad core CPU without the software to back it up....especially one taken over by sense ui

Plus seriously....what in God's name do you need Quad core in your phone for? oy

sent from my Nexus Prime

Vangelis13

I had a prototype unit from a supplier a few weeks ago and got to play with it tonight at a dinner (the lad wasn't scared to show it off seen that the fair starts..); it has nothing over the nexus.

- camera. Same quality.
- build. Cheap plastics on samsung phones you say? Right..
- software (sense). Absolutely horrendous, especially for a quad core phone.. (possibly, of course, the software will be more optimised on the final product)
- screen. Forget it, doesn't compare.
- battery. Built in? No thanks. 1800 mah for a quad core on a 4,8 inch screen? Good luck..

Etc etc etc.

Nah, Nexus. Made to be nearly perfect!!

Last edited:

case0

Feb 5, 2010
Generic "OMGZ! A NEW PHONE VS OUR Nexus" answer:

No, I'm not interested, otherwise I would take part in the discussion in the proper sub-forum.
Also I'm not interested if there is any extra UI on it that I cannot disable/uninstall.
The manufacturer doesn't release the original ROM for download so I can flash it back if necessary? Not interested.
Deserved 1-star rating for the thread: applied.

Well I don't see what's wrong with discussing other phones so I'll give the thread a five to counteract your vote somewhat.

Is that the one that's only getting 2 cores stateside?

You realise that more cores doesn't equal a better phone right? In fact the 2-core processor in the US version outperforms Tegra 3.

I think this phone looks great (much nicer than the Galaxy Nexus on the back at least), and the camera looks well nice! With stock ICS this thing will rock and I will be slightly envious. However I won't get too hung up on it because there's always a better phone around the corner, plus it's nice having a Nexus device.

krichek

Oct 1, 2008
Anyone else think our galaxy nexus is outdated now that htc released its one x? i couldnt help thinking how smooth vanilla ics would be one that beast.

seeing the sense speed on it made me even more impressed.....

anyone care to discuss this?

Sent from my Google Nexus S using xda premium

I'm sure some will say I'm crazy, it's a gimmick etc etc but, no NFC means no sale for me regardless of the other specs...

Reactions: spovat and case0

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
I had a prototype unit from a supplier a few weeks ago and got to play with it tonight at a dinner (the lad wasn't scared to show it off seen that the fair starts..); it has nothing over the nexus.

- camera. Same quality.
- software (sense). Absolutely horrendous, especially for a quad core phone.. (possibly, of course, the software will be more optimised on the final product)
- battery. Built in? No thanks. 1800 mah for a quad core on a 4,8 inch screen? Good luck..

Etc etc etc.

But seeing the video the multitasking tray opens up faster and is a lot smoother than the gnex though gnex is no slouch. And that Is a good part about the quad core a as multitasking you really need that zip to back it up.

Really worried about the battery life though. Sticking with my gnex until a 3000+ battery dual or quad HD phone comes along. Can't live without the HD screen these days

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
Well I don't see what's wrong with discussing other phones so I'll give the thread a five to counteract your vote somewhat.

You realise that more cores doesn't equal a better phone right? In fact the 2-core processor in the US version outperforms Tegra 3.

I think this phone looks great (much nicer than the Galaxy Nexus on the back at least), and the camera looks well nice! With stock ICS this thing will rock and I will be slightly envious. However I won't get too hung up on it because there's always a better phone around the corner, plus it's nice having a Nexus device.

Lol. Just discussing. When these phones go on sale. I might get my sis to buy one and take it for a spin for a while. The biggest lure of that phone really is the next Gen s4. Not really caring about the tegra3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    once apple release a 4g phone, im throwing my nexus into the wall.

Eh, I like to move forwards when I buy a new phone, not back.
    Anyone else think our galaxy nexus is outdated now that htc released its one x? i couldnt help thinking how smooth vanilla ics would be one that beast.

Yep your Galaxy Nexus/Nexus S is outdated, old, crappy, stupid, useless, junk.
    Go throw it away in the trash now and go cry yourself to sleep.
    Looking at videos of the HTC One S, it is a nice looking phone, but it's missing a couple things:

1. Removable battery and SD Card
    2. NFC
    3. Newer Screen
    4. IT HAS SENSE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    5. Well it's an HTC phone.....it'll break!
    6. I have a Galaxy Nexus, why would I want a bloated phone like that?

Basically, the One S is the phone with the MOST potential, it's asthetically the best, best screen size, best back (the oxidized back), but needs improvement.

COME ON HTC!

- camera. Same quality.

Etc etc etc.

But seeing the video the multitasking tray opens up faster and is a lot smoother than the gnex though gnex is no slouch. And that Is a good part about the quad core a as multitasking you really need that zip to back it up.

Really worried about the battery life though. Sticking with my gnex until a 3000+ battery dual or quad HD phone comes along. Can't live without the HD screen these days

I'm sure some will say I'm crazy, it's a gimmick etc etc but, no NFC means no sale for me regardless of the other specs...