[Q] Freezing,Stock Recovery problem

Search This thread

dyinghero27

Aug 19, 2011
well my dad was having problems with his defy, running a stock us 2.2.1. I looked at his phone, and after a few minutes, it would freeze up, and go into a bootloop, or still screen of the motorola logo.

First thing i tried is the stock recovery, which would freeze as soon as i started to wipe cache, and or data reset. After that, it gets stuck on the motorola logo no matter what.

I thought flashing a different .sbf would work, tried it, and finally got it to load to the "Welcome to android - please touch to continue" screen, as soon as i touched it, it froze.
flashed - JRDNEM_U3_3.4.2_179-002_DEBLUR_SIGN_SIGNED_UCAJRDNEMARAB1B80AA03A.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNFRYORTCEE_P016_A016_HWp3_Service1FF

went into recovery again to try to hard reset, but once again it freezes when it starts to clear cache/data factory reset.

Reflashed, now its still stuck on the motorola logo.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

DH

Last edited:

dyinghero27

Aug 19, 2011
Found a fix for anyone having this problem.v

Flash any sbf , and
Once its says "restart phone manually', exit the program, and unplug your phone, plug in your phone while in boot loader, them start the program,.and it should. Finish
the process, now you can clear cache and factory reset. Sorry I drank a little, the program is to install sbf's I can't think of the name

Last edited:

chif24

Jan 28, 2011
Found a fix for anyone having this problem.v

Flash any sbf , and
Once its says "restart phone manually', exit the program, and unplug your phone, plug in your phone while in boot loader, them start the program,.and it should. Finish
the process, now you can clear cache and factory reset. Sorry I drank a little, the program is to install sbf's I can't think of the name

Is the program RSDlite?
if yes the n how come when i was flashing a rom it never asks me to restart phone manually. and when i do quit the app any way and restart the phone in bootloader it does nothing.