[Q] Flashing Problem?

Search This thread

jaybeeee

Jan 4, 2014
I looked around but could not find my problem - I sincerely apologize if it has been asked elsewhere.

Yesterday I attempted to install the newest root66 (4.3) on my telus GS3 using odin. Everything seemed to go ok, but the phone was sitting at the samsung logo for a long while (and vibrating every 5 or 10 seconds as well). The phone went through the normal boot process after the flash, including updating the apps, but then rebooted and just sat there. Thinking something was wrong I attempted to flash the root again and had the same problem. After that I used odin to flash the stock image and waited all night and day for it and it was still on the samsung logo. Tonight I went into the stock recovery and cleared the cache and attempted to flash the root66 again. The phone seemed to go through the normal upgrade boot again (after odin said pass) with the android upgrade spinning chest thing and all that.

I can still access download mode and the stock recovery, so I don't think I am in too bad of shape - part of me thinks it is just a matter of patience, which is fine if it is, but if not, I'd like to keep working on it. Any ideas?

In summery - in case that was confusing
1) flashed root66 4.3, odin indicated success, boot after upgrade was similar to what I have seen before
2) Waited for a couple hours
3) tried root66 again, and waited
4) flashed stock, odin indicated success and waited many hours
5) cleared cache, flashed root66, currently waiting again
6) maintain access to stock recovery and download mode

I'd like to not lose everything on the phone if possible, but if I have to so be it.

Any thoughts?

JHiEAN

Dec 18, 2013
odin to stock 4.3 then root your phone using CF Autoroot by Chainfire... check always the model of ur phone and the file you are downloading if it is for your phone..

Last edited:

jaybeeee

Jan 4, 2014
Flashing stock with odin just leaves me stuck at the same Samsung screen. Pulsing Samsung and whatnot

Top Liked Posts