[Q] Changing build.prop on Moto X Verizon Non-Dev Edition

Search This thread

kunaljain

Aug 7, 2010
Mountain View
I have root my device using SlapMoto. Since my Moto X Verizon is carrier locked and even when it says that it is unlock for international carrier I am unable to use it in India on any carrier.
So I decided to give
http://www.internauta37.altervista.org/how-and-patch-fully-enable-gsm-verizon-cdma-phones-android
a try and see if I can carrier unlock it.

But build.prop reverts everytime I make a change. I have tried using build.prop editor and
also tried
mounting /system in rw mode and then pushing file with adb. Both of the methods didn't work.

I cannot use the method mentioned in the thread since I am in stock recovery and it cannot verify the signature.
Anybody has any cool ideas on how can I change the build.prop.

Thanks!

D

Darth

Are you on 4.4.2? If so, root is broken. You have root, but rebooting resets any root changes, cause write protection is enabled.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

kunaljain

Aug 7, 2010
Mountain View
I am on Android 4.4, so I still have the root. Is there a way to disable write protection?
Or do you know any other way I can carrier unlock it for international use?

D

Darth

I am on Android 4.4, so I still have the root. Is there a way to disable write protection?
Or do you know any other way I can carrier unlock it for international use?

Slapmymoto or whatever and all that should disable write protection if you do it all right. I don't know about it much....always had an unlocked bootloader.

Carrier unlock seems different depending who's phone you have. I have a Rogers version and paid about 10 bucks to a website to unlock it for other carriers.

You'd have to search on your model and carrier unlock methods.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA