[Q] iHeartRadio App Won't Launch in Phone Mode?

Search This thread

svenb352

Nov 10, 2012
Hi all.. I just got the padfone x a few days ago and I am noticing very odd behavior with the iHeartRadio app and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. When I first installed IHR it worked just fine. I was able to use it in both phone and tablet mode without a problem. Now whenever I try launching the app I get an error that says that the app has been disabled and does not work in phone mode. I went so far as to actually completely reset my phone and start over from scratch. That fixed it for a day and now it is doing it again. I made sure that the app was not active for dynamic display and it is not. In fact it doesn't even show up under the app list there. It does show up under my settings menu under installed apps. I deleted the cache and data for the app and it didn't change anything. I installed the iHeartRadio Auto app to see if that would work and it works just fine both ways. If I dock my phone to the tablet then the regular iheartradio app opens just fine.

Has anyone else encountered this error? I did try to reboot the phone, restore it, remove the app, and then tried installing it again. That was the worst thing I could do as it wouldn't even install again from the play store. I got an error saying it was not able to be used from phone mode then got a -10 install error and it wouldn't install. Very frustrating.

Right now it is installed but can only be used in tablet mode. Thoughts?? Thanks ?

Justatechie

Jul 17, 2014
Hi all.. I just got the padfone x a few days ago and I am noticing very odd behavior with the iHeartRadio app and was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing. When I first installed IHR it worked just fine. I was able to use it in both phone and tablet mode without a problem. Now whenever I try launching the app I get an error that says that the app has been disabled and does not work in phone mode. I went so far as to actually completely reset my phone and start over from scratch. That fixed it for a day and now it is doing it again. I made sure that the app was not active for dynamic display and it is not. In fact it doesn't even show up under the app list there. It does show up under my settings menu under installed apps. I deleted the cache and data for the app and it didn't change anything. I installed the iHeartRadio Auto app to see if that would work and it works just fine both ways. If I dock my phone to the tablet then the regular iheartradio app opens just fine.

Has anyone else encountered this error? I did try to reboot the phone, restore it, remove the app, and then tried installing it again. That was the worst thing I could do as it wouldn't even install again from the play store. I got an error saying it was not able to be used from phone mode then got a -10 install error and it wouldn't install. Very frustrating.

Right now it is installed but can only be used in tablet mode. Thoughts?? Thanks

Same issue, my first time opening the app with the phone this happened. Very frustrating.
Have you found a solution since then? Auto is better than nothing, besides I only listen with headphones.
Im going to see what happens when I message them.

Last edited:

svenb352

Nov 10, 2012
I ended up getting frustrated and exchanged the phone for something else. Definitely a problem with Android on that specific model since no other phone since demonstrated the same behavior. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy S6 edge on T-Mobile via Tapatalk