[Q] Cm 10.2.1 And A Linksys EA4500

Search This thread

gibosi

Mar 3, 2012
Updating from CM9, I notice that the phone now loses it's authentication with the router multiple times in one day. That is, the icon changes from blue to white, and no data can pass through. It is necessary to turn wi-fi off and then back on to restore the connection.

On the premises, we also have a Motorola G, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus One. All but the GNex have no problems with this router. The GNex is still stock, so it would appear to have something to do with these older Samsung phones running 4.3. Searching Google, someone suggested forcing the phone to use the 2.4 band, and doing so with the GNex doesn't completely fix it, but it does happen less often. However, I can't find a "wi - fi frequency band" setting in CM.

So, does anyone have any idea what's going on? And is there a way to force the Captivate to use the 2.4 band?

Thanks much

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Updating from CM9, I notice that the phone now loses it's authentication with the router multiple times in one day. That is, the icon changes from blue to white, and no data can pass through. It is necessary to turn wi-fi off and then back on to restore the connection.

On the premises, we also have a Motorola G, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus One. All but the GNex have no problems with this router. The GNex is still stock, so it would appear to have something to do with these older Samsung phones running 4.3. Searching Google, someone suggested forcing the phone to use the 2.4 band, and doing so with the GNex doesn't completely fix it, but it does happen less often. However, I can't find a "wi - fi frequency band" setting in CM.

So, does anyone have any idea what's going on? And is there a way to force the Captivate to use the 2.4 band?

Thanks much

CM9 is quite old, chances are that the kernel modules don't support it.

gibosi

Mar 3, 2012
CM9 is quite old, chances are that the kernel modules don't support it.

Thanks for your reply.

Before, while running CM9, the phone would remain properly connected to the router indefinitely. This problem of losing authentication did not occur until after upgrading the Captivate to CM10.2.1

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
Thanks for your reply.

Before, while running CM9, the phone would remain properly connected to the router indefinitely. This problem of losing authentication did not occur until after upgrading the Captivate to CM10.2.1

Oh misread your post.

If forgetting and re-entering the network doesn't work, try another kernel (make sure it's compatible).

gibosi

Mar 3, 2012
Oh misread your post.

If forgetting and re-entering the network doesn't work, try another kernel (make sure it's compatible).

I am willing to give this a try, but I am still pretty new at this sort of thing. While I have rooted and put Cyanogen Mod on two phones, I have never tried different kernals. Would you be able to give me a short list of 3 or 4 compatible kernals that I could try?

Thanks much!

BWolf56

Mar 25, 2011
Outaouais
I am willing to give this a try, but I am still pretty new at this sort of thing. While I have rooted and put Cyanogen Mod on two phones, I have never tried different kernals. Would you be able to give me a short list of 3 or 4 compatible kernals that I could try?

Thanks much!

Just look in the Dev section and use one that matches your version (4.1, 4.2, etc).

NeatKernel seems to be popular around here.

Reactions: gibosi

gibosi

Mar 3, 2012
Installing NeatKernal didn't solve the problem, so decided to try the most recent CM 11 nightly....

gibosi

Mar 3, 2012
After installing CM 11, the router and the phone still do not play nicely together. I contacted Linksys about this issue quite some time ago, but never received a response, so it is beginning to appear that the best solution is to simply replace the router. However, the Captivate is just a spare phone to play with, so it's not worth the extra expense and time, so will probably leave things as they are... :(

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks much!

Just look in the Dev section and use one that matches your version (4.1, 4.2, etc).

NeatKernel seems to be popular around here.