[Q] Imei recovery

Search This thread

Sannchezz

Aug 25, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am using Samsung galaxy ace gt-s5830i, and suddenly the phone has lost its IMEI number that I can not recover for days. I am not very knowledgeable about Android OS and would really appreciate your help.

I updated it OS to Jelly Bean, to see whether it will solve the problem. However, it did not.

1. I would like to know how I can re-install its official version Android v2.3.6 without Kies or ODIN (may be by using sdcard, but how?), since the SIM card is not found on the phone due to no IMEI, I can not connect it to my computer.

2. How can I recover IMEI.

I would be very grateful for your help.
Thanks.

Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hello everyone,

I am using Samsung galaxy ace gt-s5830i, and suddenly the phone has lost its IMEI number that I can not recover for days. I am not very knowledgeable about Android OS and would really appreciate your help.

I updated it OS to Jelly Bean, to see whether it will solve the problem. However, it did not.

1. I would like to know how I can re-install its official version Android v2.3.6 without Kies or ODIN (may be by using sdcard, but how?), since the SIM card is not found on the phone due to no IMEI, I can not connect it to my computer.

2. How can I recover IMEI.

I would be very grateful for your help.
Thanks.

Really depends on what caused it to happen, whether it is recoverable or not. If it did it on it's own, that's pretty much gonna be a paperweight unless you can find a reputable shop that has some special tools like SPT, Octopus box, BST dongle or something along those lines. It's not common (around here anyway) and less common that someone would know what to do in that situation since it is not that common in the grand scheme of things. If you lost it after trying to install a custom rom, kernel, update the radio/modem or something along those lines (typically your baseband version would also say: Unknown if this happened), you can try this http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-ace/718242-lost-my-imei-number.html#post5849945