[Q] Fastest ROM?

Search This thread

krYshuT

Jun 29, 2011
I just turned back to my old SGS, because my One M8 is on RMA and I'd like to know your subjective opinion on which is the fastest ROM out there. I don't really care much about features, just want a stable base.

Gingerbread is really fast on this phone, but I'd like to use something newer, namely ICS or newer...
I tried last CM 11 M7 and that was just unusably slow. Didn't think that this phone has a problem with KitKat.
So I tried CM 9.1, because people here said that it's faster than KK... and it was okay, but it was definitely slower than official GB, especially after I installed just about 20 apps.

Now I'm clueless, is there anything 4.x faster then these? Should I stay on stock?

liquidini

Apr 8, 2010
same situation with you..
broke my nexus 4 and now waiting for lg g2...
so galaxy s out of the box.

think will try something like ics...

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
Try Nameless. Word of caution though. Change the boot animation. I usually do this and delete the original rom animation before flashing to phone.
The rom is fast and smooth, currently 4. 4. 3. The original boot animation does cause problems though so make sure to change it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Try Nameless. Word of caution though. Change the boot animation. I usually do this and delete the original rom animation before flashing to phone.
The rom is fast and smooth, currently 4. 4. 3. The original boot animation does cause problems though so make sure to change it.

What problems does the boot animation cause? I've never heard of this..

You're talking specifically about nameless ROM?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Drhedphuk

Oct 10, 2012
Bournemouth
OnePlus 5T
What problems does the boot animation cause? I've never heard of this..

You're talking specifically about nameless ROM?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Yeah specifically nameless.

On initial boot after flashing it is fine, but booting after that bootloops or simply hangs for an age. I saw a post on the nameless thread saying they had left it for 3 hours I think they said.

I extracted the omni boot animation which works fine, but I have tried others and have had the same problem.

Other than that the Rom is flawless.

adil089

Apr 29, 2014
Archidroid is the fastest I have used highly recommended

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Yes, Mackay ICS 2014 is on my i9000 also the fastest.
SauROM (Gingerbread based) is the second fastest.

No JB or KK is as fast as either of those ROMs.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

Last edited: