Installing recovery

Search This thread

Offica

Jul 26, 2012
Hey guys, Trying to install philz touch so i can root my new S5

I don't have a micro sd card atm, So i need to use odin. I get an error when flashing philz touch: secure check fail: recovery (phone) and odin says fail (auth) any idea why?

S5 is SM-G900I

Reactions: Raynoldsk

ecksor

Jan 26, 2011
NYC
Hey guys, Trying to install philz touch so i can root my new S5

I don't have a micro sd card atm, So i need to use odin. I get an error when flashing philz touch: secure check fail: recovery (phone) and odin says fail (auth) any idea why?

S5 is SM-G900I

Make sure to use tar.md5 and not zip.

Offica

Jul 26, 2012
Also tried TWRP, Same error. I'm not sure if it's the phone or windows 8.1 x64, But secure check fail points to the phone.. hmm

shehry9510

Jun 3, 2015
secure check fail

tryng to flash official lollipop update on my galaxy s5 but when i hit start from odin it says failed and secure check : fail any solutiuon

Hatimu

Jul 12, 2014
Hi there.

I'm still fairly new to this whole android world (flashing, rooting,...), so I already apologize in advance for any odd questions from my side, or should any of them sound a bit silly:) So I was wondering the following: I had Philz Touch Recovery on my previous phone (I9300), and had no issues with it or whatsoever. I've been flashing the Lollipop updated successfully and keeping my device up to date. Which was also the reason why I decided to go with the same recovery on my newer phone model (SM-G900F), which I acquired a couple of days ago. I've done 2 backups already (the so called "nandroid" backup and the backup of the first rom version I flashed).

However...when I was checking out the folder files on my SD card later on I realized that the date stated on those folders is not correct:confused: To give an example...my latest backup folders got named "2014-01-26.09.06.40_cm_klte-userdebug_5.1.1_LMY48W" So I was now wondering: does the date on those folders have anything to do here, also can I come across any issue while trying to restore to those backups later on (in case anything goes wrong in any of the future releases)? Due to the wrong stated date on those folders I mean...

Thanks in advance.

zeverken

Apr 5, 2014
Hi all. I just got a second hand SM-G00F a few days ago. I succesfully rooted it, installed the XtreStoLite INTL 2.2 rom it as per the installation guide in that thread. I was able to get into TWRP as normal.

However, today I saw that there was an update in the rom thread (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63522473&postcount=13226) with links to a 2.3 version, updated bootloader and modem files. After flashing the updated bootloader file with ODIN, i can no longer access TWRP (reactivation lock). I only flashed the bootloader/modem file, not the 2.3 rom. All via ODIN.

I then rebooted into download mode, and flashed the BL and modem files that was in the 2.2 thread again and the phone booted normally. But still, I can' t go into recovery anymore. Flashing anything besides bl or modem via odin seems to be impossible... I always get

Code:
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!! 
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004> 
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

On the phone screen in download mode, it says reactivation lock: on, know warranty void 0x1. After trying to flash, the line "secure check fail: recovery" is added.

From reading around, I gather the problem could well be with the previous owner having enabled the samsung reactivation lock function. But how can I untick this function since i can't find it in the current rom? And because of the nand write errors, I can't seem to flash to stock rom at the moment. Would that be a problem flashing a PIT file might fix? I've been trying and looking around for sollutions, but I can't seem to find what to do now...

ELutts

What about if this happens and I'm in a bootloop?

That did the job! Thank you very much

So if I'm looping when I boot up, and obviously can't get to the settings in order to enable USB debugging, how can I "untick" it from stock recovery or Odin mode? ADB will not recognize the device, and I can't flash any custom recovery because of the auth fail secuirty check message. I know it's got to be Knox because in download mode it says "Reactivation Lock(KK):eek:n." It's Android system recovery <3e> LRX21T.G900PVPU3OK4. I have Ubuntu-Mate 15.10, and Windows 10 dual boot operating systems, so any help from the command line or terminal commands/shell commands would be loads of help if anyone out there could help me out. I'm totally fine with resetting the device completely, not just factory wipe/reset, but the big one that deletes all the partitions and everything if it'll do the trick. I can reflash the firmware at that point from Odin or Heimdall, if I could just get past the reactivation lock.

-Thanks in advance-
ELutts

Reactions: e_vasalos

Christiancs1969

Mar 3, 2012
london
So if I'm looping when I boot up, and obviously can't get to the settings in order to enable USB debugging, how can I "untick" it from stock recovery or Odin mode? ADB will not recognize the device, and I can't flash any custom recovery because of the auth fail secuirty check message. I know it's got to be Knox because in download mode it says "Reactivation Lock(KK):eek:n." It's Android system recovery LRX21T.G900PVPU3OK4. I have Ubuntu-Mate 15.10, and Windows 10 dual boot operating systems, so any help from the command line or terminal commands/shell commands would be loads of help if anyone out there could help me out. I'm totally fine with resetting the device completely, not just factory wipe/reset, but the big one that deletes all the partitions and everything if it'll do the trick. I can reflash the firmware at that point from Odin or Heimdall, if I could just get past the reactivation lock.

-Thanks in advance-
ELutts
Can you get download mode. If so flash first stock rom for your device/carrier... Then turn off in settings.. I've seen issue/mistake like this before ...there's a few guides ...search on Google. For more ....
Just tag me if you need more help.
Don't worry..
It's fixable[emoji6]
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60279880&postcount=51
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: e_vasalos
Jan 14, 2013
New to odin what slot do i use to flash twrp? I got rooted and stock recovery, i figured i might as well do twrp recovery but all i see is slots with 2 letters and idk which one is for recovery.

Top Liked Posts