[Q] one xl bricked need help

Search This thread

veveve

Sep 21, 2010
Flash TWRP 2.6 instead.

Sent from my Evita
thanks, by using it, i could acess to internal storage from the windows and copied the viper rom and install. but even i flashed boot boot.img in zip file after installed, my device still stuck in bootloader. I also checked the MD5 before and they maches.

one more thing, the ota file that i tried to install is not a partical OS, it is a full rom.
File Timestamp: 04/12/12
Publically Seen: 08/01/13
Android: 4.1.1
Kernel: 3.4.10-g240d4d5
hboot: 2.14.0000
radio: 0.23a.32.09.29_10.128.32.34
adsp: 31.1.0.45.0815
wcnss: 1031145
tp_syn3202: 3.2_PR1293981
tz: 001.138.010
sbl1: 001.138.003
sbl2: 001.138.004
sbl3: 001.138.005
OTA: OTA_EVITA_UL_JB_45_S_Rogers_WWE_3.17.631.2_0.23a.3 2.09.29_10.128.32.34a_release_299850qstr7rxdbfuofl 6j.zip (full)
RUU: N/A
Source: evitaul-jb-crc-3.4.10-240d4d5.zip
Does it have any way to flash it?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
thanks, by using it, i could acess to internal storage from the windows and copied the viper rom and install. but even i flashed boot boot.img in zip file after installed, my device still stuck in bootloader. I also checked the MD5 before and they maches.

one more thing, the ota file that i tried to install is not a partical OS, it is a full rom.

Does it have any way to flash it?

What is the file size of the Viper zip?

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

You can flash an OTA but only via the stock recovery.

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:

veveve

Sep 21, 2010
What is the file size of the Viper zip?

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

You can flash an OTA but only via the stock recovery.

Sent from my Evita
it is viperXL-4.0.0.zip the size of viper rom is 729.07Mb.
Can you tell me more about stock recovery? Thanks

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Honestly, the OTA isn't the answer to your problem, just getting your phone to the stage where you can flash an OTA is more trouble than it's worth. Have you tried flashing anything other than Viper?

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Hang on, earlier you said you were flashing Viper 4.2, which is it?

Sent from my Evita

veveve

Sep 21, 2010
Honestly, the OTA isn't the answer to your problem, just getting your phone to the stage where you can flash an OTA is more trouble than it's worth. Have you tried flashing anything other than Viper?

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Hang on, earlier you said you were flashing Viper 4.2, which is it?

Sent from my Evita
Many thanks to you, problem sovled. :victory: I couldn't do it without your assistance. Thank you again!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    somebody help me pls

Please be patient, we all have lives outside XDA.

fisrt, thanks for helping me. but i've flash boot boot.img file in .zip after i install rom from sdcard. after that, phone stuck in bootloader.
    i've unlock bootloader and flash recovery again, and now it says can't mount sdcard. how can i copy viper rom into internal storage? sideload? flash zip? and after all, my phone still not root, can flash viper rom without root?
    sorry for my english. thanks again!

Did you perform a factory reset from the bootloader at some point? If so you've corrupted your sd card, you should never perform a factory reset from the bootloader. If this is the case you'll need to use TWRP to wipe your sd card, then you should be able to mount it to Windows and use Windows Explorer to format. Once this is done you can for a ROM across again.

Exactly which build of Viper did you try to flash? What's the exact filename? Did you check the md5 before flashing?

Sent from my Evita
    Ok, first mistake is that you thought you needed to be rooted to flash the Viper ROM, you don't. All you need is an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery, which you had. You were probably stuck in the bootloader because you forgot to flash the boot.img from the ROM zip with fastboot, you need to do this because you're s-on.

The next mistake you made was attempting to flash an OTA. I don't know what made you think that you could do that but it definitely wasn't found in this forum (or anywhere for that matter). An OTA is only a partial OS, it relies on the correct stock OS to already be installed on the device to build on top of to update the existing OS. It failed for obvious reasons.

Unlock your bootloader again, flash a custom recovery again, and flash the ROM again. Make sure you flash the boot.img this time and it should boot right up. I'd strongly recommend you read the Evita FAQ thread and the How-To Guide For Beginners thread in my signature. Diving into modifying your device without the proper level of knowledge is a really bad idea.

Sent from my Evita
    I asked for the exact filename of the ROM for a reason, I need that please. Also, exactly which recovery are you using?

Sent from my Evita
    Yes, you can flash a custom Rom without root. He already answered that. I strongly recommend reading up on your device before flashing anything else. I'd suggest starting with getting your phone s-off.
    Yes, you can flash a custom Rom without root. He already answered that. I strongly recommend reading up on your device before flashing anything else. I'd suggest starting with getting your phone s-off.

I disagree. I think it's a better idea for him to get his head around the simple operations like flashing ROMs before attempting s-off.

Sent from my Evita