[TOOL] Real APK Leecher v1.3.6 - Always get your apk up-to-date easily

Search This thread

bibovodanh

Jan 8, 2010
Hanoi
Hi guys! I'm so sorry for not updating this utility soon. I'm happy to see my tool still works correctly. I have been busy for long time and not able to continue developing this tool anymore. So this time, i update a bit for fixing anoying update error notice. Plus I share all RAL's source code (download secction below), so that everyone can help me keep on developing this project.

Real APK Leecher v1.3.6

57599297.capture.jpg

***Change logs***

9/25/2013: v1.3.6
  • Fix and remove update check at first run.
  • Add a sample config file. From now, you can use my sample config file to download apk files, no need to use your own account. Simple rename app-sample.config to app.config. Note that you need to change the save download path.

9/6/2012: v1.3.5
  • Fix downloading. Now any apps could be downloaded fine.
  • Download apps you purchased with your account is now available.
  • Add an option to ask the name you want to save the apk with.
  • Support Linux version (only for downloading, not scanning now)
  • Add FAQ

9/4/2012: v1.2.4
  • Remove “Pin this program to Taskbar” (due to crash often. Sorry for inconvenient).
  • Fix download apps with name contains "/"

8/4/2012: v1.2.3
  • remove carrier restriction (go Option to choose your SIM Operator Numberic).
  • Delete apk file.
  • Add “Pin this program to Taskbar” (more like winform application).
Some apps have carrier restrictions. On Android phone, you must have root permission to be able to fake carrier with Market Enabler app to download those apps. But now, Real APK Leecher gives you an option to setup SIM Operator Numberic (SON) to fake carrier. You can get SON by the following formula: SON = MCC + MNC. For example, T-Mobile has MCC 310, MNC 260, so SON is 310260. If you don’t need this feature, just leave SON empty in Option. Here is the list of MCC and MNC.

28/3/2012: v1.1.9
  • Remove country restrictions (go Option to choose your language/country)

25/3/2012: v1.1.8
  • Option to scan existing apk folder to compare its version with market version.
  • Rename apk file manually.
  • Rename all apk files automatically with file name format option.
  • Download apps with option to select file name format.
  • Copy link location on Google Play.
  • Search related apps.
  • Fix download app that contains “:”
  • Check update for new version.

Key features:

• Download apk files from Google Play to desktop.
  • Check version of your apk local files.

Instruction:
The general info is required. Email and password are belong to a Gmail that is main account on an Android phone. Device Id is the device id of that phone. To get your Device ID, just simply open dial pad, press *#*#8255#*#*. If it opens “GTalk Service Monitor”, find lines that begin with JID and Device ID. Your account is JID, and your device id is a string that after android- prefix.

gtalk-service-monitor.png

If you cannot get device id with above method, go market and search for Device ID app. It will get it for you. Other options is optional.

***Attention***
  • This is a Java application, so you need at least JRE for it to run. If you encounter any problem in starting up Real APK Leecher, get the latest JRE on Oracle site.
  • Only free apps are available to download. Of course :)
  • For your own security and anonymity, if you doubt in giving your info to my tool, do not use your real google account in this app. Create a new anonymous google account, download 1 free app from google play to enable this anonymous play account, and then use this new anonymous google play account inside this app. If your account is like "nothing to loose", it's ok :)
  • Do not delete "lib" folder.

Download:

Special thanks to Tim Strazzere for his great work on android-market-api.

Any idea to help me improve this tool, please let me know by post it on this thread.

***FAQ***

1. It cannot start and ask me for Java install?

This tool is a Java application, so you need at least JRE for it to run. If you encounter any problem in starting up Real APK Leecher, get the latest JRE on Oracle site.

2. Is this tool safe for me to provide my Gmail account?

Well, tell you the truth that i really didn’t want this tool to ask your account like that, but it must do that. The API acts more like an phone emulator, access Google Play with the same way when you use your phone to do that. So that’s why you need provider your Gmail account. I don’t have anything to do with your account. If not sure, make a junk account to use this tool.

3. Does this tool work with paid apps?

No! Only apps you paid with your account, not any paid apps.

4. The status shows “Login successfully” but “Cannot load the list. Please check your internet connection.”?

First, make sure your device id doesn’t contain any space. Then check your internet connection to see if you have network with private DNS, proxy that block Java Application. Also check your antivirus firewall.

5. Many apps i expected with the search term didn’t show up and download failed due to bad device ID or internet connection?

There are 4 reasons cause this error:
  • Commonly, it happens if you provide wrong device id. So check your device id carefully.
  • You provide wrong the path which the tool uses to save the downloaded apks.
  • The app you’re downloading is a paid app and you didn’t purchased it with your account.
  • Your internet connection

6. Download is fine but there are some apps i couldn’t find it on search result?

Maybe the apps you want has some restrictions on it. See the changelogs for version 1.2.3

7. Some apps i couldn’t download, download process return negative percent?

This fixed on version 1.3.5

8. Some big apks download reach 100% and keep counting back from start?

Don’t mention it. The download finishes when the Cancel button is disabled. That’s a sign.

Happy Leeching!

Last edited:

pesaroso

Aug 23, 2010
Hmm, handing over username and password to a third party? :/

Are the apk's bound to the Google account somehow? If I leech an apk and share with a friend (paid app), won't they be able to track'em as pirated apk's? :)

bibovodanh

Jan 8, 2010
Hanoi
Let's vote for Vietnamese Tool :D

Thanks, can you download apk's with no country restrictions? I'd need Japanese ones...
Yes. I forgot to add it to this version. I will fix this tomorrow. Be patient :D

Are the apk's bound to the Google account somehow? If I leech an apk and share with a friend (paid app), won't they be able to track'em as pirated apk's? :)
I don't really get what you mean. But what this tool does is just fake a device to access Google Play. It's more like when you use your phone to download apps from Google Play. So email, password and device id are required. I could just hard code an junk account to my tool. But it's not good idea, not flexible.
If you're worry about the safety of your account, just make a junk account on an Android phone.

pesaroso

Aug 23, 2010
Aha, I see! I thought the app connected through a third party, so one could easily sniff passwords to our Google accounts. Thanks for the clarification!

Looking great! :D

bojanbl

Feb 5, 2010
Looks great but there is one security flaw here... Your app saves user acount ID and password on hard disk as plain text so someone can get our password and ID...

Thanks for this app ;)

ngh55

Dec 8, 2007
Great job, just another bug report, there are names with backslah also "/" or "\" so it gives an error when downloading, for example https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toggle3g

So my suggestion is to remove all extra characters from name parsing or take the name from the android manifest or something like that :p that is how some batch rename tools work.

Also if you can remove the "v" from the version that would be cool and another small request, to have the rename like this "namefilewithnospaceandlowercase_versionwithoutv.apk"

If that can be done, man, It would be really cool, and I thank you in advance for such cool app.

bibovodanh

Jan 8, 2010
Hanoi
As promised, new version 1.1.9 for removing country restrictions. Now you can download app with japanese, chinese... Just go Option to choose your language/country.

Great job, just another bug report, there are names with backslah also "/" or "\" so it gives an error when downloading, for example https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.toggle3g

So my suggestion is to remove all extra characters from name parsing or take the name from the android manifest or something like that :p that is how some batch rename tools work.

Also if you can remove the "v" from the version that would be cool and another small request, to have the rename like this "namefilewithnospaceandlowercase_versionwithoutv.apk"

If that can be done, man, It would be really cool, and I thank you in advance for such cool app.

Thanks for your help to debug my app. Yes i already know about the restriction of file name in Windows. But didn't think there are some app with symbols rather than ":" :confused: I will fix that in next version. Also i might encode to secure your info too. About your rename suggestion, ngh55, i'll think about it. Thanks so much.

4am here. I've got class in 4 hours. Goodnite to you all.

GuenChan

Mar 16, 2012
Hi guys! This is official thread of Real APK Leecher.

This is a great app!

I love it...

And it becomes better and better!

I suggest you (the app programmer) always write in your app description how to create a new, anonymous google play account to use in this app. People should not (and do not want to) use this app with their real main google account that is also their gmail, google+ account.

Something like:
"For your own security and anonymity, do not use your real google account in this app. Create a new anonymous google account, download 1 free app from google play to enable this anonymous play account, and then use this new anonymous google play account inside this app."

Last edited:

bibovodanh

Jan 8, 2010
Hanoi
This is a great app!

I love it...

And it becomes better and better!

I suggest you (the app programmer) always write in your app description how to create a new, anonymous google play account to use in this app. People should not (and do not want to) use this app with their real main google account that is also their gmail, google+ account.

Something like:
"For your own security and anonymity, do not use your real google account in this app. Create a new anonymous google account, download 1 free app from google play to enable this anonymous play account, and then use this new anonymous google play account inside this app."
Thanks for your very helpful tip :D I'm happy that you all are using my tool. Of course i don't do anything that is harmful to your accounts, but it's still neccessary to warn pplz for security reason.

Bilgets

Oct 27, 2011
Jakarta
can this download paid apk? if so, then its illegal.. but hope theyn ot.. i got a slow connection here.. waiting to test this awesome tools

bibovodanh

Jan 8, 2010
Hanoi
If you search them on Google Play, you'll see that they are incompatible with your device. The problem is you cannot find the apps that are incompatible with your device.

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
If you search them on Google Play, you'll see that they are incompatible with your device. The problem is you cannot find the apps that are incompatible with your device.

Thanks, I thought so. That's a shame, though, any chance this could be circumvented? I know for sure the apks instal and run ok, I tried an older version and it's fine.

HTC Flyer P510e

kokabunga

Nov 2, 2009
Cool tool.
Can I suggest a feature : many games require additional data to download.
Can you tool do it?

bibovodanh

Jan 8, 2010
Hanoi
Thanks, I thought so. That's a shame, though, any chance this could be circumvented? I know for sure the apks instal and run ok, I tried an older version and it's fine.

HTC Flyer P510e
Actually, the problem is the apps not support the device's country. On a rooted phone, you can install "Market Enabler" to fake a Japan carrier to download. I'll see if i can do anything with this problem. Thanks for reporting :D

Cool tool.
Can I suggest a feature : many games require additional data to download.
Can you tool do it?
Well it's hard. The download link is stored in the apk file. In the pass, for example, Gameloft, they use a static link that links to the data source. But now, they are using a dynamic php link. It's way harder to leech thier data download link.

Reactions: dingnangen

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
Actually, the problem is the apps not support the device's country. On a rooted phone, you can install "Market Enabler" to fake a Japan carrier to download. I'll see if i can do anything with this problem. Thanks for reporting :D

I tried with market enabler but I get an error "can't instal in your country".

HTC Flyer P510e

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! I'm so sorry for not updating this utility soon. I'm happy to see my tool still works correctly. I have been busy for long time and not able to continue developing this tool anymore. So this time, i update a bit for fixing anoying update error notice. Plus I share all RAL's source code (download secction below), so that everyone can help me keep on developing this project.

Real APK Leecher v1.3.6

57599297.capture.jpg

***Change logs***

9/25/2013: v1.3.6
    • Fix and remove update check at first run.
    • Add a sample config file. From now, you can use my sample config file to download apk files, no need to use your own account. Simple rename app-sample.config to app.config. Note that you need to change the save download path.

9/6/2012: v1.3.5
    • Fix downloading. Now any apps could be downloaded fine.
    • Download apps you purchased with your account is now available.
    • Add an option to ask the name you want to save the apk with.
    • Support Linux version (only for downloading, not scanning now)
    • Add FAQ

9/4/2012: v1.2.4
    • Remove “Pin this program to Taskbar” (due to crash often. Sorry for inconvenient).
    • Fix download apps with name contains "/"

8/4/2012: v1.2.3
    • remove carrier restriction (go Option to choose your SIM Operator Numberic).
    • Delete apk file.
    • Add “Pin this program to Taskbar” (more like winform application).
    Some apps have carrier restrictions. On Android phone, you must have root permission to be able to fake carrier with Market Enabler app to download those apps. But now, Real APK Leecher gives you an option to setup SIM Operator Numberic (SON) to fake carrier. You can get SON by the following formula: SON = MCC + MNC. For example, T-Mobile has MCC 310, MNC 260, so SON is 310260. If you don’t need this feature, just leave SON empty in Option. Here is the list of MCC and MNC.

28/3/2012: v1.1.9
    • Remove country restrictions (go Option to choose your language/country)

25/3/2012: v1.1.8
    • Option to scan existing apk folder to compare its version with market version.
    • Rename apk file manually.
    • Rename all apk files automatically with file name format option.
    • Download apps with option to select file name format.
    • Copy link location on Google Play.
    • Search related apps.
    • Fix download app that contains “:”
    • Check update for new version.

Key features:

• Download apk files from Google Play to desktop.
    • Check version of your apk local files.

Instruction:
    The general info is required. Email and password are belong to a Gmail that is main account on an Android phone. Device Id is the device id of that phone. To get your Device ID, just simply open dial pad, press *#*#8255#*#*. If it opens “GTalk Service Monitor”, find lines that begin with JID and Device ID. Your account is JID, and your device id is a string that after android- prefix.

gtalk-service-monitor.png

If you cannot get device id with above method, go market and search for Device ID app. It will get it for you. Other options is optional.

***Attention***
    • This is a Java application, so you need at least JRE for it to run. If you encounter any problem in starting up Real APK Leecher, get the latest JRE on Oracle site.
    • Only free apps are available to download. Of course :)
    • For your own security and anonymity, if you doubt in giving your info to my tool, do not use your real google account in this app. Create a new anonymous google account, download 1 free app from google play to enable this anonymous play account, and then use this new anonymous google play account inside this app. If your account is like "nothing to loose", it's ok :)
    • Do not delete "lib" folder.

Download:

Special thanks to Tim Strazzere for his great work on android-market-api.

Any idea to help me improve this tool, please let me know by post it on this thread.

***FAQ***

1. It cannot start and ask me for Java install?

This tool is a Java application, so you need at least JRE for it to run. If you encounter any problem in starting up Real APK Leecher, get the latest JRE on Oracle site.

2. Is this tool safe for me to provide my Gmail account?

Well, tell you the truth that i really didn’t want this tool to ask your account like that, but it must do that. The API acts more like an phone emulator, access Google Play with the same way when you use your phone to do that. So that’s why you need provider your Gmail account. I don’t have anything to do with your account. If not sure, make a junk account to use this tool.

3. Does this tool work with paid apps?

No! Only apps you paid with your account, not any paid apps.

4. The status shows “Login successfully” but “Cannot load the list. Please check your internet connection.”?

First, make sure your device id doesn’t contain any space. Then check your internet connection to see if you have network with private DNS, proxy that block Java Application. Also check your antivirus firewall.

5. Many apps i expected with the search term didn’t show up and download failed due to bad device ID or internet connection?

There are 4 reasons cause this error:
    • Commonly, it happens if you provide wrong device id. So check your device id carefully.
    • You provide wrong the path which the tool uses to save the downloaded apks.
    • The app you’re downloading is a paid app and you didn’t purchased it with your account.
    • Your internet connection

6. Download is fine but there are some apps i couldn’t find it on search result?

Maybe the apps you want has some restrictions on it. See the changelogs for version 1.2.3

7. Some apps i couldn’t download, download process return negative percent?

This fixed on version 1.3.5

8. Some big apks download reach 100% and keep counting back from start?

Don’t mention it. The download finishes when the Cancel button is disabled. That’s a sign.

Happy Leeching!

Thanks, can you download apk's with no country restrictions? I'd need Japanese ones...
    Yes. I forgot to add it to this version. I will fix this tomorrow. Be patient :D

I don't really get what you mean. But what this tool does is just fake a device to access Google Play. It's more like when you use your phone to download apps from Google Play. So email, password and device id are required. I could just hard code an junk account to my tool. But it's not good idea, not flexible.
    If you're worry about the safety of your account, just make a junk account on an Android phone.
    Seems that an alternate is coming :)

http://www.onyxbits.de/raccoon
    1. Cant download file over ~ 20 MB, it shows negative:

uI1udau.png

That is only cosmetic as in, the file is being downloaded correctly just the values sent to the progress bar are incorrect.

So, if you wait, at some point the progress bar values will stop changing which means your app would have been downloaded.

To the OP;

I changed the data type of readed from int to long which solved this issue.

Vz2BKkwl.png

2. Can't scan default folder:

F753IyI.png

Please solve these problems. I like this software so much. :)

Not exactly a bug, I think the OP forgot to include aapt.exe in the latest version.

Download and extract the source code and copy aapt.exe from lib folder to lib folder of Real APK Leecher and run it.

It should now scan everything correctly.