-SHU8I THEME THREAD- WIP - 1.4c NOW SUPPORTED

Search This thread

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
I will be posting themes that I am porting for SHu8i builds.
I will be taking requests -
before I begin anything major and receive too many requests I will make a few things clear -
1) I will not be fully supporting these themes.
2) I will support the thread
3) When the build is updated, the themes will be updated.
4) Any requests need to be sent to me via PM - NOT VIA THREAD REQUEST. I will be subscribing to this thread and checking it often, but I will not be able to sift through a pile of posts and reply to them all.

Themes will be uploaded later this evening - I am currently putting finishing touches on a few of them.

IN ORDER TO USE THESE THEMES YOU WILL NEED KNOWLEDGE ON ADB OR HAVE A UTILITY LIKE ANDROID COMMANDER INSTALLED ON YOUR PC (I personally use a little bit of both, but it is up to you in the end as both work very well)

Themes already ported -
Stock Froyo
Manup456 NexTang

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go!!!!

-INSTRUCTIONS-
1) backup your build to your PC before adding these themes.
2) load up android on your phone and connect it via usb
3) if you have adb working you can just push the framework-res.apk file to /system/framework/ - the exact commands and steps i used are in the code box right below.
Code:
adb devices
adb push C:\framework-res.apk /system/framework/
4) if it throws an error saying that permission is denied you will need to do the following
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system
5)you will get a force close on a few apps, just choose force close
6) reboot phone and boot back into android
7) if you get a bootloop, restore your old build and dont come crying here because you cant read instructions
8) if the theme works, congratulations, you can read and enjoy your new theme
9) if you bootloop, there isnt much i can do for you. Please be sure you are using the correct theme for the correct build. currently only 1.4b is supported - support for 1.4c and on WILL be coming soon.
10) dont spam the thread, as soon as this starts to happen I will delete all links and this OP. I am tired of noobs not reading or searching before trying to mess with their phone. There are plenty of resources here on XDA that can help you figure out what and how to do things. For the sake of everyone here on XDA, please please please search.

-THEMES-​
Manup456 REVOlution - All Credits for this theme go to Manup456, I did just a little messing around and got it working on this build.

-Screens-
81fcc76997d6b7937d57d4af60fe92d75g.jpg
667590c7aad316b58625bcfc00b5b5ea5g.jpg

-Download necessary files here-
framework-res.apk

-Extras-
Zegoe Fonts (renamed to DroidSans.ttf and DroidSans-Bold.ttf already) - Just push them to /system/fonts/
DroidSans.ttf
DroidSans-Bold.ttf
Icon Pack - this can be just downloaded to sdcard
Wallpaper pack - this can be just downloaded to sdcard
BattStatt - search on market
Tajm - search on market

Manup456 NEXtheme - All Credits for this theme go to Manup456, I did just a little messing around and got it working on this build.

-Screens-
NexTHEME_Promo.png

snap20100504_000314.png

-Download files here-
framework-res.apk

-Extras-
Just push these fonts to /system/fonts/
DroidSans.ttf
DroidSans-Bold.ttf

Last edited:

domineus

Jun 16, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
OnePlus Open
I will be posting themes that I am porting for SHu8i builds.
I will be taking requests -
before I begin anything major and receive too many requests I will make a few things clear -
1) I will not be fully supporting these themes.
2) I will support the thread
3) When the build is updated, the themes will be updated.
4) Any requests need to be sent to me via PM - NOT VIA THREAD REQUEST. I will be subscribing to this thread and checking it often, but I will not be able to sift through a pile of posts and reply to them all.

Themes will be uploaded later this evening - I am currently putting finishing touches on a few of them.

IN ORDER TO USE THESE THEMES YOU WILL NEED KNOWLEDGE ON ADB OR HAVE A UTILITY LIKE ANDROID COMMANDER INSTALLED ON YOUR PC (I personally use a little bit of both, but it is up to you in the end as both work very well)

Themes already ported -
Stock Froyo
Manup456 REVOlution
Manup456 NexTheme
Manup456 NexTang

More to come later. Stay tuned guys!!!

minimal matte and tutorials of how you did it so other members have an idea of how to theme. I've had an issue theming (metamorph CM6 themes well) but themes that require flash to recovery lead to an unbootable system. Some help would be appreciated
edit also
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=736987

Last edited:

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
I am heading back to the lab as I type this. when I get there I will update to 1.4c and post the themes. these are only going to be the framework-res files **for now**. once I find a faster way to theme the rest of the /system files and apps ill start posting those as well.

to whoever asked for the sense theme or compiled theme- I am only going to be working shu8i builds because they are based off of cyanogen builds and thus are de-odexed and are easier to work with.

update coming shortly
--------

Sent from my HTC HD2

xpoloxp

Jul 17, 2010
Los Cabos Mx.
incredible just what shu81 rom needed thanks developers here are amazing i just cant get enought of android after coming from iphone i did have the oportunity to change to iphone 4 but rather that the beautyfull but small screen i did not whant to go back and left my hd2 behing... thanks to the people doing this posible

Bakedbread

Nov 25, 2009
I am heading back to the lab as I type this. when I get there I will update to 1.4c and post the themes. these are only going to be the framework-res files **for now**. once I find a faster way to theme the rest of the /system files and apps ill start posting those as well.

to whoever asked for the sense theme or compiled theme- I am only going to be working shu8i builds because they are based off of cyanogen builds and thus are de-odexed and are easier to work with.

update coming shortly
--------

Sent from my HTC HD2

Thanks a ton! Can't wait for your UNTHEME Shubcraft 1.4c with STOCK FROYO :D

Would it be possible to post step by step instructions on how to change the theme? IF you post a framework file, can i just replace it in the system files using SU explorer (under R/W mode) and reboot into Android? Would that work?

zelduy

Nov 26, 2008
Thanks a ton! Can't wait for your UNTHEME Shubcraft 1.4c with STOCK FROYO :D

Would it be possible to post step by step instructions on how to change the theme? IF you post a framework file, can i just replace it in the system files using SU explorer (under R/W mode) and reboot into Android? Would that work?

it's pretty easy actually.. since both htcleo_update.tar.gz and framework-res.apk can be open easily with 7zip...
all you need is to edit the drawable-hdpi folder inside the framework-res.apk..

if I have a spare time.. I'll try to give a step by step...

weixiong

Nov 6, 2007

update coming shortly
--------

Sent from my HTC HD2

thanks alot,can you make a build that is sense+touch input and make it as posible as the stock rom?thankyou again~~

zelduy

Nov 26, 2008
here's the apk for the shubCRAFT 1.4c UNTHEME (froyo stock looks)
framework-res.apk - need to push it with adb to /system/framework/
Settings.apk - optional since shu8i theme the background widget, push itwith adb to /system/app/

will post the Android folder after I finished uploading it...

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    4.3 MB · Views: 182
  • Settings.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 120

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
here's the apk for the shubCRAFT 1.4c UNTHEME (froyo stock looks)
framework-res.apk - need to push it with adb to /system/framework/
Settings.apk - optional since shu8i theme the background widget, push itwith adb to /system/app/

will post the Android folder after I finished uploading it...

sweet - mind if i post this to the OP - given credits of course!~