[Q] [ROM]SKY ICS UCLD2--- 4.2d-8 (4/23/12)

Search This thread

wizdum69

Apr 18, 2012
boynton beach, FL
greetings!

looking to add some features to this wonderful ROM
[ROM]SKY ICS UCLD2--- 4.2d-8 (4/23/12)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1602216

1.) how do i install the Battery Glowing Crysis onto this rom (love the look of that battery mod)
( i tried this url http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1282193 - but i am prompted for credentials upon attempting to download - also, i tried to install this mod from a different url, and was stuck into a boot lock, and had to revert from a backup - so i suppose im looking for a true, and tested way to get this battery mod, to function on the ROM listed above.

2.) on the dialer page, how do i get the quick launch at the top to show "contacts" instead of hitting the soft keys at the bottom?

as always, thanks in advance!!

======

Phone: Galaxy S2 Skyrocket
ROM: SKY ICS UCLD2--- 4.2d-8 (4/23/12)
Modem: UCLD2 (LATEST LEAK)
Addons:
Crysis Signals
Call Recording (Black and blue Dialer/Contacts)

-----
side note:
this addon comes with a disclaimer...

Xloud On (Breaks Power Amp but adds atleast 4-6DB )

(what is "power amp" and what does it being broken signify? as in, to what extent does this cause other features, items to not function... as i've not yet installed this Addon- i could use the extra DB but not sure what "breaks the power amp" means)
======

Last edited:

plwalsh88

Apr 4, 2011
Boston, MA
greetings!

1.) how do i install the Battery Glowing Crysis onto this rom (love the look of that battery mod)
( i tried this url http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1282193 - but i am prompted for credentials upon attempting to download - also, i tried to install this mod from a different url, and was stuck into a boot look, and had to revert from a backup - so i suppose im looking for a true, and tested way to get this battery mod, to function on the ROM listed above.

2.) on the dialer page, how do i get the quick launch at the top to show "contacts" instead of hitting the soft keys at the bottom?

2.) You don't. ICS removed that feature. I've seen some people say that they are working on modding it back in, but I have yet to see any success. Although, I could be mistaken... which would actually be great haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: wizdum69

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Poweramp is a music player that can be bought from the play store. That's all, it's not a super secret system type thing. It's a nice music player a lot of people use, so Sean made a way for it to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Saitou33

Dec 19, 2011
I thought xloud was removed due to being useless? I see that it's back (optionally). Is it worth breaking poweramp to use xloud? Cui bono?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

marshrunner757

Apr 20, 2012
help for old timer

OK guys. I'm old and can't keep up with all the updates and add -ins. I'm currently running Nexus mod but have been trying to follow sky ics because it does sound nice. Just wondering what opinions are? Is sky ics as good and stable as it sounds?

mahausrath

Apr 9, 2012
Jacksonville, Fl
OK guys. I'm old and can't keep up with all the updates and add -ins. I'm currently running Nexus mod but have been trying to follow sky ics because it does sound nice. Just wondering what opinions are? Is sky ics as good and stable as it sounds?

Better than it sounds. I've never had a problem with either sky's, if anything is unstable for a couple users Sean will throw it in an update. IMO its the best out there, but its all in what your looking for.

Samsung Skyrocket i727
Sky ICS 4.2d-current
UCLD2 modem

erg.cgs

Mar 19, 2012
I am currently on the version 9 update and must say that I'm loving it. My only problem so far is I cannot get voice dial to work, but it didn't work under stock either so I'm not blaming the rom (I think its my headset)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    greetings!

( i tried this url http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1282193 - but i am prompted for credentials upon attempting to download - also, i tried to install this mod from a different url, and was stuck into a boot look, and had to revert from a backup - so i suppose im looking for a true, and tested way to get this battery mod, to function on the ROM listed above.

2.) You don't. ICS removed that feature. I've seen some people say that they are working on modding it back in, but I have yet to see any success. Although, I could be mistaken... which would actually be great haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA