Anyone Tried the HTC Vivid Case-Mate Tough Case DIY?

Search This thread

Heronization

Jan 4, 2011
Hey guys I am looking for a new case because my Otterox Commuter is a little big for my slim jeans lol. :p I was just wondering if anybody has tried out this Case-Mate DIY Tough Case for the Vivid/Raider? It looks really awesome that I can put my own custom image on it but I was wondering if its sturdy like the otterbox, and if its slimmer.

austin4913

Mar 30, 2012
College Station, TX
I use a white case made by Speck and have been pleased with it..had it since October and its still very durable..especially for the $25 price..tried otterbox and had the same problem of bulkiness. I may look at the DIY case...have not seen much as far as Vivid cases on the market.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

INCsniper

Feb 13, 2012
Toronto
thanks for the reply, yeah there isn't much by way of cases out there....

Have you thought about making your own? I know it sounds outlandish, but with the right tools and a few calls its doable. The hardest part is getting access to a hot vacumm forming machine. :S i know what your thinking WTH?!?! Your best bet would be to find one in a small chocolate shop. They would have one to make custom molds for those hollow chocolates that they make.

Anyways, you can take your tablet directly and form around it for that sleek look your looking for ur jeans :p, or you can even use the OTTERBOX casing. (the inside of it that holds the phone) and just get a clear accrylic and get a few high def pictures of stuff and thats it. I used to make laptop shells like that before for a kickass look! Just thought It might be an idea for anyone who is actualy looking for a cass and has access to one, because its a joke rying to find a case for any HTC really. I actualy got Laughed at by a rogers rep. :(

rotorsk8r

Aug 12, 2011
Brisbane
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I've just got a case mate tough case for my velocity / vivid and love it, just looks like its meant to be. My Mrs has a otterbox defender on the same phone (she's very prone to dropping ect) and it is quite a bit wider but i do think it also adds allot more protection.

But I guess that's the price to pay for skinny jeans?

Reactions: Heronization

Heronization

Jan 4, 2011
I've just got a case mate tough case for my velocity / vivid and love it, just looks like its meant to be. My Mrs has a otterbox defender on the same phone (she's very prone to dropping ect) and it is quite a bit wider but i do think it also adds allot more protection.

Thanks what I want to hear! slid in and out of your pocket easy? or do you fit it in a holister?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.