Downgraded To 4.2 Build Number 532...Here Is Why.

Search This thread

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
This is the third or fourth time downgrading. Unfortunately I've encountered bugs, performance issues and force closes in various system applications.

Last night, I tried AGAIN to move forward and update. The latest update was 4.3. Unfortunately 4.4 has not yet been released and even if it was it is likely to come with bugs until an update or two rectifies any issues.

Now, these are some problems/bugs experienced with 4.3:

1 - Camera is now laggy whereas on 4.2 is was silky smooth. Only improvements I see on the latest update is a decrease in both noise/iso sensitivity as well as many other various camera effects.

Focusing takes far longer than before.

2 - Sound Settings keeps force closing in the 4.3 update. I'm not able to access or change the xLoud setting. I've cleared data, cache and even re-flashed. Keeps crashing. Downgrading to 4.2 solved this issue. Sound is LOUDER and xLoud works as it should.

3 - Screen - There is a slight delay when finishing from a call. It takes a few seconds for the proximity sensor to wake the screen to end the call. On 4.2 it is instant.

4 - Performance issue. 4.2 was smooth, fluid and instant. 4.3 feels heavier and not as quick as it previously was.

Therefore, with the above issues, I've had no choice but to downgrade. There were more advantages in 4.2 than in 4.3 which had issues, unfortunately.

I hope these problems are solved in the upcoming 4.4 Kitkat. Could other users share any problems caused by the latest updates? Was the stock 4.2 rom any better?

Last edited:

stopa10

Aug 1, 2007
Sorry, pal, I am on 4.3 .136 and the only thing I have observed is the laggy proximity sensor, which was fixed after some calibration (search for Hammdog's post). No traces at all of the other problems you mention. Camera shots are far better, and overall performance is excellent. Is it possible that you experience some sort of software incompatibility due to the apps you use?

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
Sorry, pal, I am on 4.3 .136 and the only thing I have observed is the laggy proximity sensor, which was fixed after some calibration (search for Hammdog's post). No traces at all of the other problems you mention. Camera shots are far better, and overall performance is excellent. Is it possible that you experience some sort of software incompatibility due to the apps you use?

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ahh, so the laggy proximity sensor was a problem for others, not only me.

In 4.3 .136, the camera is better as you said but I'm experiencing lag, it's slow and takes 3-5 seconds to focus should the light be poor.

4.2 camera was substantially faster. Any reason why my sound settings keep crashing on 4.3?

Saikyo_San

Aug 21, 2010
so it crashes even after a CLEAN re-flash or factory reset?
clean as in no app data restored, just pure stock naked rom :D

Saikyo_San

Aug 21, 2010
my humble opinion is that in the same situation i'd either stay on 4.2 or just root, get recovery and flash a stock based custom ROM or some AOKP, PA goodness or maybe GPe ROM :)

i have not encountered this issue before nor have I heard of it

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
my humble opinion is that in the same situation i'd either stay on 4.2 or just root, get recovery and flash a stock based custom ROM or some AOKP, PA goodness or maybe GPe ROM :)

i have not encountered this issue before nor have I heard of it

GPe Rom sound like a nice idea.

However, I'm thinking to patiently wait for the highly anticipated KitKat to be officially released.

That said, staying on the current 532 Android 4.2 will make rooting easier before upgrading to 4.4.

iBuzman

Mar 7, 2011
Melbourne
Sony Xperia XA2
No issues (incl proximity sensor or cam lag) for me on any 4.3 rom. If we were all having xloud fc there would be many threads about it - so it's not a Sony 4.3 issue, it's a @kanej2006 issue (not having a go at you, just saying your problems can't be automatically assumed to be problems for all and therefore flaws in 4.3)

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
No issues (incl proximity sensor or cam lag) for me on any 4.3 rom. If we were all having xloud fc there would be many threads about it - so it's not a Sony 4.3 issue, it's a @kanej2006 issue (not having a go at you, just saying your problems can't be automatically assumed to be problems for all and therefore flaws in 4.3)

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Very strange as I only had these problems when upgrading to 4.3. Hopefully, these issues will be resolved in the future when upgrading to Kitkat. :)