[Q] Firmware from Sammobile

Search This thread

milan188

Sep 11, 2011
Johannesburg
I have downloaded a firmware from Sammobile but I only want to install the system part not the csc modem and bootloader stuff.

How do I do that?

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

AlfasMP

Dec 13, 2013
Kerala
www.alfasmp.com
I have downloaded a firmware from Sammobile but I only want to install the system part not the csc modem and bootloader stuff.

How do I do that?

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

Hi , just follow the below steps
1 . Extract the rom.zip file (from which is downloaded from sammobile )
2 . You can see a *.tar.md5 file and rename it into *.tar
3 . Extract it using Winrar or something like that .
4 . There is a system.img file . Extract img file using any app from Google ( I am using dsixda's kitchen for that purpose )
5 . Insert the system folder into a custom rom available for it .
6 . You successfully installed it .

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

esgie

Feb 17, 2013
First part of above advices was ok - assuming ur using Windows, download tar.md5 image, open it in WinRar or 7zip (if it shows an error of improper end of file ignore it - it's caused by md5 checksum concatenated at the end of tar archive, even if not recognized by archiver software, it's not interfering with archive content itself at all) end extract partition images that you want to flash (in your case that would be system.img only).
Now, download and extract this tool:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2446269
and simply drag chosen img file (don't change its name! It shall remain "system.img"! Filename seems to be the only factor telling Odin about which partition he should flash the image!) over a *.bat icon. In a while, system.tar.md5 file will be created (and you can even change its name ;D ) and that is what you wanted.

Reactions: milan188

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First part of above advices was ok - assuming ur using Windows, download tar.md5 image, open it in WinRar or 7zip (if it shows an error of improper end of file ignore it - it's caused by md5 checksum concatenated at the end of tar archive, even if not recognized by archiver software, it's not interfering with archive content itself at all) end extract partition images that you want to flash (in your case that would be system.img only).
    Now, download and extract this tool:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2446269
    and simply drag chosen img file (don't change its name! It shall remain "system.img"! Filename seems to be the only factor telling Odin about which partition he should flash the image!) over a *.bat icon. In a while, system.tar.md5 file will be created (and you can even change its name ;D ) and that is what you wanted.