Can't update Verizon HTC one m8 from China! Current update: 1.12.605

Search This thread

blacksb5

Jun 30, 2014
I don't live in the U.S and I got a Verizon 32 Gb HTC one M8. I live in China. ( I am not Chinese though)

Whenever I try to update, or check for updates, I get the "check now" disabled with a message saying "software update only work in CDMA mode". And because of this problem, I bought a CDMA SIM card. Now, I see the "Check now" is activated, but whenever I check for updates, it only pops up a checking now screen, and then disappears with nothing. Just nothing. Period.

Please help me update my phone! I'm currently on 1.12.605.11 update, and I extremely need the "Extreme power saving mode" which is lacking right now.

Should I root? Unlock? or what?

Thanks in Advance!

Reactions: Prasath1234

AceOfAndroid

Jun 30, 2014
Atlanta
I don't live in the U.S and I got a Verizon 32 Gb HTC one M8. I live in China. ( I am not Chinese though)

Whenever I try to update, or check for updates, I get the "check now" disabled with a message saying "software update only work in CDMA mode". And because of this problem, I bought a CDMA SIM card. Now, I see the "Check now" is activated, but whenever I check for updates, it only pops up a checking now screen, and then disappears with nothing. Just nothing. Period.

Please help me update my phone! I'm currently on 1.12.605.11 update, and I extremely need the "Extreme power saving mode" which is lacking right now.

Thanks in Advance!

Don't Question me on this but, OTA updates from Verizon are pushed from the carrier. If you aren't on the carrier, you won't receive them.
Again, I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I am right.

If you really need Extreme Power Saver mode, I would Root, Unlock, (try for S-Off), and flash a rom that is compatible with your One M8 that has what you are looking for.

Android The Greek

Mar 7, 2012
New Castle
You can flash an ruu for Verizon if available and if updated. Other than that you may be able to sideload an update from sd if some post it I the Verizon forum

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
I thought CDMA was more of a technology used here in the US and a small handful of other places, everyone else is GSM. If you need to be on a CDMA network, you might be out of luck unless you find the OTA here somewhere

Last edited:

blacksb5

Jun 30, 2014
Don't Question me on this but, OTA updates from Verizon are pushed from the carrier. If you aren't on the carrier, you won't receive them.

If you really need Extreme Power Saver mode, I would Root, Unlock, (try for S-Off), and flash a rom that is compatible with your One M8 that has what you are looking for.

Thanks, but I am quite new to this Rooting and ROM and everything else! But I really love the HTCs ROM and I am not thinking about changing it!

blacksb5

Jun 30, 2014

You can flash an ruu for Verizon if available and if updated. Other than that you may be able to sideload an update from sd if some post it I the Verizon forum

I am currently on the update 1.12.605. And the newest version for Verizon HTC is 1.55.605. I know it's not a big update to go for, but still it counts. My only purpose is knowing how to UPDATE the phone, rather than getting the update. HTC one m8 will soon have the Andriod L, so i wanted to know the process.

Besides, If I can get a Verizon SIM using roaming here in China, could I be able to update my phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks in Advance!

I thought CDMA was more of a technology used here in the US and a small handful of other places, everyone else is GSM. If you need to be on a CDMA network, you might be out of luck unless you find the OTA here somewhere

Thanks, but I am quite new to this Rooting and ROM and everything else! But I really love the HTCs ROM and I am not thinking about changing it!

I am currently on the update 1.12.605. And the newest version for Verizon HTC is 1.55.605. I know it's not a big update to go for, but still it counts. My only purpose is knowing how to UPDATE the phone, rather than getting the update. HTC one m8 will soon have the Andriod L, so i wanted to know the process.

Besides, If I can get a Verizon SIM using roaming here in China, could I be able to update my phone?