[ROM] Ti-X EVOLUTION GingerBread 1-13-11 1.03

Search This thread

dc13

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 12, 2007
Boise, ID
Ok Sprint Visual voice mail doesn't work sorry. Don't complain about it it doesnt work on any GB roms right now. If you need to check VM go to the dial pad and hold down the #1 button and it will connect you to VoiceMail the real way.
Next my roms are ment to be bare roms meaning nothing but the Android OS. maybe so apps hear and there but I try not to. Meaning mail.apk moxiermail.apk and many others are not going in this rom it saves 3MB And thats what I like sorry. Download it and install it but I wont include it in my roms.

Ok well I mainly post over at SDX since I used to be a moment guy but I think its time to also post here for my roms.
Been deving for only the year I focus on making Bare stock roms. I also update all the apps to the latest date so no going to maket and finding out you need to download 10 apps only being on the rom for 10min. I also to help with speed by pngopt, zipalign, anything else I can do to it.

This is Based off Evervolv-AOSP|GRH55/Android 2.3.1 to me its the best one so far. This is just to show everyone how nice GB is but that it can be a daily ROM right now. Just a few things have been changed apps and libs that aren't needed have been taken out all up to date apps. And launcher pro to make the phone glide.

Camcorder works.
based of 1.0.1

Changed font
removed swype it sucks on gingerbread. - the newest beta tho has enabled the evo once again no link will be provided sorry.
camera should be fixed due to this having the newest CM7 kernel and being based of a15
GPS should is the keyword be fixed.
Camera should is the keyword be fixed for all evos (camcorder is not working yet)

Adding swype.apk, mail.apk

RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15. 00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.exe - Swype gave licensing to HTC/Sprint to add it in. Meaning swype can be added to any Evo rom. Do not trying taking this swype out and making it work on another phone cause it wont work :) it will only work on this rom.

Fool proof way to flashing - This will wipe your phone starting this build and up by formating system, data, cache granted i only have a few evos to test but I know my builds work. This will insure you flash this rom correctly.
Your phone will be cleaned as if you walked into the sprint stock and picked this up from them you will lose everything so back up if you need to. SMS BACKUP+ does great to back you text messages. Ti Backup can back up your apps.
added a boot animation back from the moment days.
If you are having any issues flash this and they should work.

1.0 Release
Changed to CM7 Stock Kernel
Fixes wifi, BT

1.0 RC
setup wizard works now
front camera works
updated apps
launcher pro is now used makes the phone feel faster and bumps up the MFlops to 37-38 maybe higher on rare cases.
ADs are blocked
added apps - adfree, advanced task killer, es file manager, task killer

Updates Apps. as of 12-25-10
edited some of the XMLs to make it a tad bit faster feeling along with some APKs.
fixed host file to block ads in apps.

Not Working.
4G
HDMI
Sprint Voice Mail gives Error V30 its the App (hold down #1 and dial voicemail like you used to do)
camcorder
GPS-wifi are a hit or miss. CM7 kernel that is included with this rom right now is the only one that works with my test phones. I did try the latest CM7 kernel but nothing.
ronnienyc would like to tell people that have HW 004 Camera does not work at all.

HOW TO

This rom wipes BOOT, CACHE, DATA, SYSTEM to make sure you get a clean install. Back up your apps if you want.
This rom will also format everything already you are warned but by it doing this you will not have any issues if so then wow its working on 5 evos 001, 002, 003, 004, 004. Camera, GPS, wifi are a hit and miss.

NEW
Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread 1.04

OLD
Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread 1.03
Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread 1.02
Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread 1.01
Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread 1.0
Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread RC 1.0
Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread .1

Congrats you have GingerBread

EXTRAS That can be flashed after you boot up the rom and set everything up.
2.2.7 Market Blue Theme
FontPack-Ubuntu10.10
Launcher2.apk

Last edited:

dc13

Dec 12, 2007
Boise, ID
Screen shots
CAP201012270954.jpg
CAP2010122709561.jpg
CAP2010122709563.jpg
CAP201012271001.jpg
CAP201012271003.jpg
CAP201012271025.jpg
CAP2010122710251.jpg

Last edited:

tj gamino

Jul 6, 2010
A little off topic but needed help...

First let me thank you for your contributions to this forum.. Options are always a good thing..
Any way.. the wifey has a moment.. i installed a custom ROM and kernel on it and it worked great for a while then it just started fallin apart. Random bootloops.. battery drain within 2-4 hours. Shes even blasphemed by saying shes going back to the pixi..(nooooo!!!!)
I noticed the ROM you have your moment.. so shot to the thread and saw a JIT version and nonJIT version.. which would you recommend?
also which kernel should i install on the moment? i saw you have ixanes so maybe i will roll with that...

I know this is a EVO forum and trust she wishes she would have just waited and got the EVO.. which i did and am so happy.. But anything to keep her from yelling at me about how much she hates her phone and that i should have never touched her phone and blah blah blah...

thanks in advance

OrionSX

Dec 11, 2007
Seems like everything is working in this, so just a quick question... did you restore Launcher2 to its normal theme? Coz I can't stand the Evervolv theme and I hate LauncherPro. I want a completely stock GB look for now.

dc13

Dec 12, 2007
Boise, ID
Does this have the screen off animation? :)
Yes

HAHA! Thanks for the map I know where you live now! Let the fat chick party begin!
I'm from Idaho meaning I'm a red neck(lots of things that go boom) ;)

I'm in El Cajon. I want in on the fast chick party too. Hahaha!

Swyped from my Cyanogen HaxTC Supersonic 4G
^read above^

First let me thank you for your contributions to this forum.. Options are always a good thing..
Any way.. the wifey has a moment.. i installed a custom ROM and kernel on it and it worked great for a while then it just started fallin apart. Random bootloops.. battery drain within 2-4 hours. Shes even blasphemed by saying shes going back to the pixi..(nooooo!!!!)
I noticed the ROM you have your moment.. so shot to the thread and saw a JIT version and nonJIT version.. which would you recommend?
also which kernel should i install on the moment? i saw you have ixanes so maybe i will roll with that...

I know this is a EVO forum and trust she wishes she would have just waited and got the EVO.. which i did and am so happy.. But anything to keep her from yelling at me about how much she hates her phone and that i should have never touched her phone and blah blah blah...

thanks in advance
Jit is there for the speed getting 9+ mflops etc. non jit uses the arm11 source.
both roms use inxans's kernel. But to me use this Ti-X 1.3.X its not the newest but its the most stable I'm going back to the DE03 rom because it had no issues. She will love you again when you do this. Join the forum over there and we will help you out.

Seems like everything is working in this, so just a quick question... did you restore Launcher2 to its normal theme? Coz I can't stand the Evervolv theme and I hate LauncherPro. I want a completely stock GB look for now.
LauncherPro is the only launcher on this rom you will need to go into market and download a new one.

Last edited:

thlinx

Oct 12, 2010
I think he's asking how come there's no stock gb Rom? Also the biggest issues ive noticed with other gb roms is gps issues is that fixed on here

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

geminit69

Dec 13, 2007
Does the hdmi and camcorder not work on this? Seems that every Rom with GB doesn't have those working. That's the only reason I haven't tried a GB Rom. I don't care much for 4g since its not in my area.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Monarky

Aug 19, 2010
Cam

ok so i have tryed alot of gb roms and they say the cam is suppose to work but i can't seem to get it to work i have hardware 003 but for some reason it wont work please help me

jalayon

Dec 19, 2010
Guys, I'm fairly new to all this...

I do have a rooted EVO 4G with S-OFF, but running FROYO and stock Sprint ROM (sw version 3.29), which honestly is a somewhat unstable and laggy. I would like to upgrade my ROM to Gingerbread and with the latest software updates (SWYPE), and I have a couple of questions that probably people looking around these threads might have as well:
-Does the camcorder and 4G work with this ROM?
-Do I need a custom kernel, or can I just proceed with clearing cache through recovery menu, then flashing the new ROM?

Thanks in advance, all the best.

propagandax

Mar 14, 2008

I do have a rooted EVO 4G with S-OFF, but running FROYO and stock Sprint ROM (sw version 3.29), which honestly is a somewhat unstable and laggy. I would like to upgrade my ROM to Gingerbread and with the latest software updates (SWYPE), and I have a couple of questions that probably people looking around these threads might have as well:
-Do I need a custom kernel, or can I just proceed with clearing cache through recovery menu, then flashing the new ROM?

- according to the first post no on 4g and camcorder.
- just proceed. Everything you need is packaged in the rom.

Reactions: jalayon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok Sprint Visual voice mail doesn't work sorry. Don't complain about it it doesnt work on any GB roms right now. If you need to check VM go to the dial pad and hold down the #1 button and it will connect you to VoiceMail the real way.
    Next my roms are ment to be bare roms meaning nothing but the Android OS. maybe so apps hear and there but I try not to. Meaning mail.apk moxiermail.apk and many others are not going in this rom it saves 3MB And thats what I like sorry. Download it and install it but I wont include it in my roms.

Ok well I mainly post over at SDX since I used to be a moment guy but I think its time to also post here for my roms.
    Been deving for only the year I focus on making Bare stock roms. I also update all the apps to the latest date so no going to maket and finding out you need to download 10 apps only being on the rom for 10min. I also to help with speed by pngopt, zipalign, anything else I can do to it.

This is Based off Evervolv-AOSP|GRH55/Android 2.3.1 to me its the best one so far. This is just to show everyone how nice GB is but that it can be a daily ROM right now. Just a few things have been changed apps and libs that aren't needed have been taken out all up to date apps. And launcher pro to make the phone glide.

Camcorder works.
    based of 1.0.1

Changed font
    removed swype it sucks on gingerbread. - the newest beta tho has enabled the evo once again no link will be provided sorry.
    camera should be fixed due to this having the newest CM7 kernel and being based of a15
    GPS should is the keyword be fixed.
    Camera should is the keyword be fixed for all evos (camcorder is not working yet)

Adding swype.apk, mail.apk

RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.70.651.1_Radio_2.15. 00.11.19_NV_1.90_release_161482_signed.exe - Swype gave licensing to HTC/Sprint to add it in. Meaning swype can be added to any Evo rom. Do not trying taking this swype out and making it work on another phone cause it wont work :) it will only work on this rom.

Fool proof way to flashing - This will wipe your phone starting this build and up by formating system, data, cache granted i only have a few evos to test but I know my builds work. This will insure you flash this rom correctly.
    Your phone will be cleaned as if you walked into the sprint stock and picked this up from them you will lose everything so back up if you need to. SMS BACKUP+ does great to back you text messages. Ti Backup can back up your apps.
    added a boot animation back from the moment days.
    If you are having any issues flash this and they should work.

1.0 Release
    Changed to CM7 Stock Kernel
    Fixes wifi, BT

1.0 RC
    setup wizard works now
    front camera works
    updated apps
    launcher pro is now used makes the phone feel faster and bumps up the MFlops to 37-38 maybe higher on rare cases.
    ADs are blocked
    added apps - adfree, advanced task killer, es file manager, task killer

Updates Apps. as of 12-25-10
    edited some of the XMLs to make it a tad bit faster feeling along with some APKs.
    fixed host file to block ads in apps.

Not Working.
    4G
    HDMI
    Sprint Voice Mail gives Error V30 its the App (hold down #1 and dial voicemail like you used to do)
    camcorder
    GPS-wifi are a hit or miss. CM7 kernel that is included with this rom right now is the only one that works with my test phones. I did try the latest CM7 kernel but nothing.
    ronnienyc would like to tell people that have HW 004 Camera does not work at all.

HOW TO

This rom wipes BOOT, CACHE, DATA, SYSTEM to make sure you get a clean install. Back up your apps if you want.
    This rom will also format everything already you are warned but by it doing this you will not have any issues if so then wow its working on 5 evos 001, 002, 003, 004, 004. Camera, GPS, wifi are a hit and miss.

NEW
    Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread 1.04

OLD
    Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread 1.03
    Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread 1.02
    Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread 1.01
    Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread 1.0
    Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread RC 1.0
    Ti-X EVOultion GingerBread .1

Congrats you have GingerBread

EXTRAS That can be flashed after you boot up the rom and set everything up.
    2.2.7 Market Blue Theme
    FontPack-Ubuntu10.10
    Launcher2.apk
    Screen shots
    CAP201012270954.jpg
    CAP2010122709561.jpg
    CAP2010122709563.jpg
    CAP201012271001.jpg
    CAP201012271003.jpg
    CAP201012271025.jpg
    CAP2010122710251.jpg
    HAHA! Thanks for the map I know where you live now! Let the fat chick party begin!

- according to the first post no on 4g and camcorder.
    - just proceed. Everything you need is packaged in the rom.