[APP][multi-language] Globetrotter - An interactive guide in your pocket

Search This thread

wariat

Jun 20, 2010
www.globetrotter.altervista.org
Guys I present my first application on the market has just been published (for free!).

This is the link to Market: http://market.android.com/details?id=globe.trotter

GlobeTrotter become your best travel companion. With this application you can have a real interactive guide to all of our trips. You can find all Points Of Interest (POI) closest to your location (museums, tourist attractions, monuments, archaeological sites ... etc.) and retrieve their description, curiosity about, directions, etc. to achieve them.
Now you can download the POI directly to your device by choosing from various countries:
  • Italy
  • United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Spain
  • South Africa
  • England
  • Switzerland
  • Austria
  • Australia
  • Hungary
  • New Zealand
  • Finland
  • Bulgaria
  • Holland
  • Belgium
  • Portugal

for a total of more than 300,000 Points of Interest.
All free range of a few taps. Also you can see what hotels are nearby and get information about prices, star quality, the views of other users and much more. Besides that you can access the latest news, travel diaries, video guides and the best photos of your and our travels.

** Search Points of interest near. **
Using the geo location of the phone, you can find the main points of interest around us. For each point of interest is found can find all the information about how their history, curiosities, directions to reach them, photos, map display of Points of Interest around us, etc. .. Basically everything to understand what you are seeing.
You can also search for Points Of Interest in a specific town.

** Search of Wikipedia geo-referenced **
Using the geo location of the phone, you can find all the Wikipedia articles "located" nearby, more than 52527 geo-referenced Wikipedia articles in all languages. A tour guide at your fingertips!
You can also search for all Wikipedia articles near a specific city.

** Finding Hotels Near **
Using the geo location of the phone, you can find all the hotels in the vicinity and have all the information about it (such as the type, the stars, the score data from users, etc. ..).

** Read all the articles on this site **
And last but not least, is the ability to read comfortably on your phone all articles published on our website. All accompanied by beautiful graphics designed especially for the low resolution of mobile phones.

This is a video promo!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoNKaH25jHM

Attachments

• device-home.jpg
    device-home.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 79
  • device-poi.jpg
    device-poi.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 61
  • device-dwn.jpg
    device-dwn.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 55
  • device-mappa.jpg
    device-mappa.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
Translated to Englis with Google

Guys I present my first application on the market has just been published (for free!).

This is the link to shop: http://market.android.com/details?id=globe.trotter

GlobeTrotter become your best travel companion. With this application you can have a real interactive guide for all our trips.

It will be possible to identify all the landmarks close to your location (museums, tourist attractions, monuments, archeological sites, etc. ..) and take their description, their history, driving directions, etc. .. in short, anything and everything to know what you are visiting. Over 6000 Points of Interest, more than 52,527 geo-referenced Wikipedia articles. All for free just a few taps.

Also you can see which hotels are nearby and you get information about prices, star quality, the views of other users, and much more.
Besides that you can access the latest news, travel diaries, video guides and the best photos of your and our travels.

** Search nearby points of interest. **
Using the geo location of the phone, you can find the main points of interest around us. For each point of interest found you can search all information about how their history, curiosirtà, indications stradiali to achieve, photos, etc. .. in short, everything to understand what you are seeing.

Search for Hotels Near ** **
Using the geo location of the phone, you can find all the nearby hotels and have all the information you need (such as the type, the stars, the score data from users, etc. ..).

** Research of Wikipedia geo-referenced **
Using the geo location of the phone, you can find all the Wikipedia articles "localized" in the vicinity. Lowed a tourist at your fingertips!

** Read all articles on this site **
And last but not least, is the ability to read comfortably from your phone all articles published on our website. Everything comes with a beautifull graphics specifically designed for low resolution phones.

What do you think? I'm open to all your advice ee ideas for improving the application.

Reactions: wariat

wariat

Jun 20, 2010
Hello guys, thank you for your support! I wanted to inform you about my application! have added new features and has been especially tradatto in many languages ​​such as:
  • English
  • French
  • German
  • Spanish
If you want to collaborate in the translation into other languages ​​or the correction of existing translations contact me in private!

The new features are:
  • Download the POI on the device
  • Added POI england, france, germany, spain (soon offer U.S., Cananda, Greece and many others)
  • Search photos on Panoramio
  • Call the POI as museums and attractions tourist
  • Increased performance

boredboy2

Nov 7, 2011
Iași
Great app!

but how can the language be changed?
and for a future option, to select a city of interest from a more accessible menu and change it to be the main location instead of using gps for detection.

Last edited:

wariat

Jun 20, 2010
Great app!

and for a future option, to select a city of interest from a more accessible menu and change it to be the main location instead of using gps for detection.

Thanks a lot.. i'm working to change language from menu.. now the language is changed automatically depending of device language.

For other option is really cool.. i'll work to implement!!!

Reactions: ultras77

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is the link to Market: http://market.android.com/details?id=globe.trotter

GlobeTrotter become your best travel companion. With this application you can have a real interactive guide to all of our trips. You can find all Points Of Interest (POI) closest to your location (museums, tourist attractions, monuments, archaeological sites ... etc.) and retrieve their description, curiosity about, directions, etc. to achieve them.
    Now you can download the POI directly to your device by choosing from various countries:
    • Italy
    • United States
    • Canada
    • France
    • Germany
    • Spain
    • South Africa
    • England
    • Switzerland
    • Austria
    • Australia
    • Hungary
    • New Zealand
    • Finland
    • Bulgaria
    • Holland
    • Belgium
    • Portugal

for a total of more than 300,000 Points of Interest.
    All free range of a few taps. Also you can see what hotels are nearby and get information about prices, star quality, the views of other users and much more. Besides that you can access the latest news, travel diaries, video guides and the best photos of your and our travels.

** Search Points of interest near. **
    Using the geo location of the phone, you can find the main points of interest around us. For each point of interest is found can find all the information about how their history, curiosities, directions to reach them, photos, map display of Points of Interest around us, etc. .. Basically everything to understand what you are seeing.
    You can also search for Points Of Interest in a specific town.

** Search of Wikipedia geo-referenced **
    Using the geo location of the phone, you can find all the Wikipedia articles "located" nearby, more than 52527 geo-referenced Wikipedia articles in all languages. A tour guide at your fingertips!
    You can also search for all Wikipedia articles near a specific city.

** Finding Hotels Near **
    Using the geo location of the phone, you can find all the hotels in the vicinity and have all the information about it (such as the type, the stars, the score data from users, etc. ..).

** Read all the articles on this site **
    And last but not least, is the ability to read comfortably on your phone all articles published on our website. All accompanied by beautiful graphics designed especially for the low resolution of mobile phones.

This is a video promo!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoNKaH25jHM
    Translated to Englis with Google

This is the link to shop: http://market.android.com/details?id=globe.trotter

GlobeTrotter become your best travel companion. With this application you can have a real interactive guide for all our trips.

It will be possible to identify all the landmarks close to your location (museums, tourist attractions, monuments, archeological sites, etc. ..) and take their description, their history, driving directions, etc. .. in short, anything and everything to know what you are visiting. Over 6000 Points of Interest, more than 52,527 geo-referenced Wikipedia articles. All for free just a few taps.

Also you can see which hotels are nearby and you get information about prices, star quality, the views of other users, and much more.
    Besides that you can access the latest news, travel diaries, video guides and the best photos of your and our travels.

** Search nearby points of interest. **
    Using the geo location of the phone, you can find the main points of interest around us. For each point of interest found you can search all information about how their history, curiosirtà, indications stradiali to achieve, photos, etc. .. in short, everything to understand what you are seeing.

Search for Hotels Near ** **
    Using the geo location of the phone, you can find all the nearby hotels and have all the information you need (such as the type, the stars, the score data from users, etc. ..).

** Research of Wikipedia geo-referenced **
    Using the geo location of the phone, you can find all the Wikipedia articles "localized" in the vicinity. Lowed a tourist at your fingertips!

** Read all articles on this site **
    And last but not least, is the ability to read comfortably from your phone all articles published on our website. Everything comes with a beautifull graphics specifically designed for low resolution phones.

What do you think? I'm open to all your advice ee ideas for improving the application.
    Great app!

Thanks a lot.. i'm working to change language from menu.. now the language is changed automatically depending of device language.

For other option is really cool.. i'll work to implement!!!