:D

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
haha :D me too !!!

all i gotta do now is catch up to you on the thanks meter lol

It wont be long before my signature covers half the page :)

Hi,

You had better get a new noob-hunting hat too.

You are going to have to be quick to catch me up...

:p

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Ahem, and where is yours?....... :p

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Hi,

LOL
I told you,my sig is too full already.

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Tinky, what's the latest official ruu for unbranded English sensation?

Only because I think 1.50 is the latest anyway but still no ota ics for me

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

No idea tbh. PM user called EddyOS, he's on the ball with ruus.

Hi,

LOL
I told you,my sig is too full already.

You need to get your priorities right. :D

Last edited:

amritbanerjee

Mar 29, 2012
Singapore
Connecting to PC through ES

I did that (thanks for clarifying), but still nothing. Login failure. I know I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what exactly it is...
Which IP do I have to use? The PC's IP, or the one the router assigned to it?

No hope for me...

Hey do this!!
Assuming that you are on windows
go to 'Control Panel>>Network and sharing centre>>advanced sharing centre
Turn on Public Sharing.
Turn off Password protected sharing.
Now in ES Explorer go to new and scan. Don't just write the IP. Do a scan.
And you should be able to connect to your PC.
U should be able to open the Public Folder.
If it works thank me & let me know. ;)
We can den sort out your password thing!! :D

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Steps:

1 - Do a Nandroid Backup
2 - Flash THIS in recovery
3a - If it works thank me :D
3b - If it does not work/messes things, restore your backup :confused:

Hey tried it! Didn't work! Earlier it said cannot connect and now it says 'Unfortunately locations Launcher has stopped' :rolleyes:
I also tried this

I extracted all the necessary files from my older recovery nandroid, system.img file with the help of unyaffs. I extracted these files from system/lib
1.libLaputaEngine.so
2.libLaputaLbJni.so
3.libLaputaLbProviderJni.so
4.libLaputaLogJni.so

and these from system/apps
1.HtcLaputa.apk
2.HtcLaputa.odex
3.HtcLaputaInstaller.apk
4.HtcLaputaInstaller.odex

Then I pushed these files in there respective file system in my phone and tried to run the HtcLaputaInstaller.apk
I got the icon of Htc Locations on my drawer but it opens and says maps not found and when I ask it to download it says unable to connect to server.
Please correct me as to what I am doing wrong and what is the correct process or is it even possible???

Reactions: D F

javedabbasi

Jul 12, 2010
Hi, You need S-OFF (which i assume you have with CWM and Root) And you need SuperCID.

Then you need to choose a ROM that best suits you and follow the instructions carefully, You will need a Firmware based upon the ROM you choose, Which most, if not all, Require firmware 3.32... (for ICS )

Have a read through these links before you commit to anything (if you havent done so already)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1472298
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1480061

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Kohr-Ah -- your just to fast :p

Anyone here fancy playing a little game ?? Lets see how many people can say 'YES' ;) (except me im not allowed)

@azzledazzle - Thanks for the details. I am such a noob that while reading above thread many things just gone over my head. First I briefly give you the status of my Sensation. Yes you are right. It is S-OFF, with CWM and Root. I think I SuperCID also. I run the command which give me my phone serial id plus CID 111111. Now I selected Mark1986's Android Revolution HD 6.5.5 rom. I gone thru his thread and frankly speaking most of the instructions just difficult for me to understand. And even I could not found the link for rom as well as 4eXT recovery. Could you please do a favour for me and explain me in a simple way what files do I need to flash the rom and direct links of the files. And if you think this rom is not for me can you guide me to another ICS rom which I may be able to flash easily without danger of bricking my phone. I know, am really asking to much but I very keen to upgrade my phone firmware. Thank you in advance.

randzre

Mar 28, 2012
retained s-off but can't flash cwm

I have a sensation xe, i successfully rooted it (using revolutionary) when it was still on GB, however when i discovered ICS update was already available I tried looked for ways so I could get the ICS update, so I used a link posted in one of the threads here (Android Recovery Manager). Note though that before I used that recovery manager, i was already messing around with my phone, i even restored the back up i had before i flashed CWM 5.0.2.

I followed the instructions in the Android recovery manager and true indeed, i got my ICS update, my problem now is, I can no longer flash CWM, and I can't get root. I tried diffrent recovery zip files but my phone would just say "no image found". I tried the first recovery zip I used, but it gave me error " wrong id... something.."

One more thing I noticed was
during GB Rooted it says

---REVOLUTIONARY---
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT 1.17.1111
RADIO 10.14.9035.02_2
eMMC-BOOT

AFTER I GOT THE ICS UPDATE

--LOCKED--
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT 1.27.0000
RADIO 11.23.3504.07_M2
OpenADSP v02.6.0.2226.00.0131
eMMC - boot

what do i do to be rooted again?
do I need to flash a CWM recovery specifically associated with my phone's present settings?

Your help would be greatly appreciated...

I really want to maximize my phone's potentials.. thanx

edwardmlyte

Oct 29, 2010
Cardiff
edwardmlyte said:
Is it possible to have a custom sense rom which doesn't have that circle slide unlock but still have the lock screen? So like vanilla android where pressing the power button (from standby) instantly shows the code unlock screen.
If you install leeroid tweaks on of the options in it is to install the AOSP Lockscreen (Unless you don't want any form of slide to unlock then unfort I don't know of any)
So ICS has to have a slide to unlock function as well as the lock screen (like iOS...argh why copy their ideas!!). I guess I can still get a vanilla gingerbread ROM for the sensation. Any recommendations, or should I just sort the threads by popularity and find the first sense-free Gingerbread ROM thread?

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
@azzledazzle - Thanks for the details. I am such a noob that while reading above thread many things just gone over my head. First I briefly give you the status of my Sensation. Yes you are right. It is S-OFF, with CWM and Root. I think I SuperCID also. I run the command which give me my phone serial id plus CID 111111. Now I selected Mark1986's Android Revolution HD 6.5.5 rom. I gone thru his thread and frankly speaking most of the instructions just difficult for me to understand. And even I could not found the link for rom as well as 4eXT recovery. Could you please do a favour for me and explain me in a simple way what files do I need to flash the rom and direct links of the files. And if you think this rom is not for me can you guide me to another ICS rom which I may be able to flash easily without danger of bricking my phone. I know, am really asking to much but I very keen to upgrade my phone firmware. Thank you in advance.

Hi, no worries, The next few steps are relatively simple, The hard work lies with superCID and S-OFF (which you already have)

Get 4EXT Recovery from - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=966814&stc=1&d=1332793798

Then what you need to do is flash 3.32 firmware - http://goo.gl/RcbMy

Once you have flashed that, Mount USB Storage in recovery and remove it from your SD card so that it will not update next time you go into bootloader.

whilst you have USB storage open you need to copy the files to your SD Card - These files are
>Superwipe Script - http://tinyurl.com/3qt4nx2
>Mikes 6.5.5 ROM (latest) - http://goo.gl/kxtvk

So once you have the correct firmware installed, Along with 4EXT Recovery, Flash the superwipe script THEN the ROM. Then you are good to go......

I think i have covered all the steps but i URGE you to read these threads below, If you do not understand them READ AGAIN until you do.... I will not be held responsible if something goes wrong.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1471941 < How to flash ARHD ROMs.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1098849 < ARHD Thread, Any queries... Ask there....

Good luck !

PS : Always Check MD5 Checksums match..... FOR EVERYTHING YOU FLASH !! http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=924099&stc=1&d=1330459716

Reactions: undercover

Latham

Mar 30, 2012
Confused

So far I have rooted, s-off'ed and installed clockwork recovery and done the superCID process.

I have researched on how I can revert all of this stuff to stock but just getting a little confused by it all. So I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. If I want to go back to the stock XT gingerbread rom do I just get the zip. and flash it through CWM? And will this remove the root and go back to stock recovery?

2. How do I un-superCID my phone? Will this happen when I revert to stock?

3. I am looking at flashing the Virtuous Inquisition rom. Because I have gone through superCID, it should work on my Telecom XT sim should it not? Or will I also need to sim-unlock the phone aswell for me to be able to call, text etc?

Cheers in advance.

xdaco

Jun 26, 2011
Kolkata
www.musarraf.com
So far I have rooted, s-off'ed and installed clockwork recovery and done the superCID process.

I have researched on how I can revert all of this stuff to stock but just getting a little confused by it all. So I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. If I want to go back to the stock XT gingerbread rom do I just get the zip. and flash it through CWM? And will this remove the root and go back to stock recovery?

2. How do I un-superCID my phone? Will this happen when I revert to stock?

3. I am looking at flashing the Virtuous Inquisition rom. Because I have gone through superCID, it should work on my Telecom XT sim should it not? Or will I also need to sim-unlock the phone aswell for me to be able to call, text etc?

Cheers in advance.

Ans.
1. You want to go back to stock you have to run a suitable gingerbread ruu. This will remove CWM, Eng. HBOOT and ROOT. You will still remain S-OFF and superCID. After this you can do S-ON if you want . As you are superCID you can run any gingerbread ruu. But if you want career specific then select XT specific RUU.

2. If you want to change your CID , You can do it in fastboot. The method is exaclt same as superCID. Only you have to replace the value "11111111" with your XT specific CID. So the command should be :

fastboot oem writecid your-cid-here

To run this command you should have an unlocked or Engg. HBOOT ( e.g. HBOOT V1.17 or HBOOT v1.27.1100 ) So if your RUU does have some other version of HBOOT , then you should perform this step before running the RUU. You have to unSuperCID manually . It will never be changed by running RUU or any other zip to revert to stock.

3. Using your phone with other SIM card does not depend on ROM type . Your phone should be career unlocked else it will not accept the SIM card other than it is associated to. So I will ask is your phone is now career locked ?? If so perform the career unlock / sim unlock method given the third post of this thread.

Last edited:

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Next guy to answer gets in the hall of fame :p
Ruu error: FAILED (remote: 12 signature verify fail)
What went wrong? Quiz time... Let's see if you can get it ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

allhill

Dec 23, 2009
Jakarta
I believe by " rooted sensation" you meant s-off sensation. So of that is the case then you should have
1. Stock ROM
2 . Stock recovery
3. And a region or career specific CID

Then only you will receive ota update.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

now i have to learn how to get a stock recovery :)

thanks musarraf172 :)

Top Liked Posts