ChobitsDigitalis Rom Support Thread

Search This thread

CharsiBabu

Mar 25, 2012
Mumbai
after updating this rom i cant download any application on play store it says:could not be downloaded due to an error.(921)
and google talk authentication failed..

remove that account
and sign in again
or
use different account
^ that worked for me

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

I'm on chobit's v1.2
can i apply v1.6 update directly?
or do i need to go v1.2 > v1.4 > v1.6

Kousthubha Kumar

Feb 18, 2012
remove that account
and sign in again
or
use different account
^ that worked for me

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

I'm on chobit's v1.2
can i apply v1.6 update directly?
or do i need to go v1.2 > v1.4 > v1.6

You can flash 1.6 Directly..If something go wrong Re-flash Chobits V1 and flash V1.6 ..

Last edited:

ROFLkopter

Mar 15, 2012
Nottinghamshire
Wouldn't be better to flash each update, one after another? At least that way you know you've got all the updates, fixes, etc from each version...

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA

HCFroyd247

Mar 30, 2012
Wouldn't be better to flash each update, one after another? At least that way you know you've got all the updates, fixes, etc from each version...

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA

The most recent update contains all the fixes from previous versions. You can directly patch v1.6 after installing v1.:)

HCFroyd247

Mar 30, 2012
Frequently Asked Questions

F.A.Q.

Q. Is it compatible with my Baseband/Firmware version D****?
A. Yes. This should work across all Baseband/Firmware versions.

Q. Is it compatible with my kernel?
A. Yes and Maybe. For stock kernels, definitely yes. For Custom Kernels, please try. Just remember that these kernels are still in early development so expect some bugs that comes with it.

Q. Can I use themes from other roms?
A. You can try. It is not 100% sure that it will work. If ever it works, let me know. If stuck on Boot loop just reflash the Chobits zip package.

Q. Can system apps be auto-updated?
A. Yes it can be updated, but sometimes it won't allow you because every system apps here are customized. Please send me the apk of the updated app and I will integrate it to the next Rom Update.

Q. Why use Go Launcher EX as default home launcher?
A. Because I love this launcher. This launcher has tons of effects, customizability and is very stable (IMHO). You can download themes online using Google Play Store.

Q. What is the proper method to flash full version and Rom updates?
A. It is very simple. Flash first the full version, reboot (let your phone fully load the system). Then reboot again to recovery, flash the update. (please follow the instructions carefully)

Q. What is the use of the LITE VERSION?
A. Lite version are for existing custom roms who just want the UI of ChobitsDigitalis. This will update your existing SystemUI.apk, Framework-res.apk, lidroid-res.apk and install Go launcher EX.

Q. What are the benefits of a custom rom?
A. Here is a link that pretty much sums up what I wanted to say: http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05/01/custom-roms-for-android-explained-and-why-you-want-them/

Q. Where are some of the stock apps?
A. If it is not present, it has been removed and replaced with apps that I believe is better and stable.

Q. Is this Rom fast and stable?
A. Yes. It has built-in task manager to kill rogue apps. But please remember, manage your apps intelligently. Android handles memory differently, just close CPU hogging apps if you find one. Try Watchdog.

Q. Why can't I update Google Maps, Youtube, etc.?
A. Google maps, Youtube, etc may appear to have updates available in the Market, but these updates varies for devices. If you have an updated apk made specifically for GT-S5360, let me know. I will make an update for it.

Q. Why my screen doesnt turn on when receiving text messages?
A. You can use Handcent for your MMS/SMS needs. This app works with this rom flawlessly.

Q. Can you please make themes for this rom?
A. Yes, of course. Themes are now available.

Q. Will Link2sd/A2sd work on this Rom?
A. Absolutely yes. Just search the thread for the link on how to setup A2sd and Link2sd.

Q. I notice a big battery drain after flashing this Rom..
A. It is important calibrate your battery after flashing any rom. You can use CWM by clearing battery stats or search market for battery calibration tools.

Q. Why does it lag?
A. Kill or release some apps that causes your phone to lag. You can try V6Supercharger scripts or some Memory Optimizing tools available in the market. update: ChobitsNitrospeed is already pre-installed, no need for other tweaks.

Q. Why do I keep getting stuck in bootloop?
A. Please make sure that you follow the correct flashing procedure. Just Reflash. If still stock in bootloop, restore using ODIN (use stock) then reflash ChobitsDigitalis ROM.

Q. Why is my screen unresponsive after flashing this Rom?
A. Pull out the battery. Reflash. Please follow correct procedure.

Q. How can i back up my apps before using this rom?
A. You can use CWM backup/Restore Function (use this if you want to switch back from previous rom) or Titanium backup for user and system apps.

Q. How to make GPS work?
A. It is best to have a working internet connection (wifi/3g), turn on your GPS and wait for it to get your location. You can always try restarting your phone to refresh settings.

Q. What are Beats, xLoud and Bravia Engine?
A. Beats and xLoud are sound enhancing ports for S.E and HTC phones. They act as built-in software equalizers to boost sound for better music experience. Bravia engine is from S.E., which helps in making images sharper and more detailed.

Q. What version of busybox are you using?
A. 1.19.3, you can update to the latest version. Also update your superuser binaries to the latest version.

Q. Is V6Supercharger and other kernel tweaks compatible with this rom?
A. Absolutely yes. update: ChobitsNitrospeed is already pre-installed, no need for other tweaks.

Q. How's the Memory Usage of this ROM?
A. Free RAM may go as low as 80mb; but some users attested the free ram is always at 100+ .It really depends on how many applications you installed that runs as service or background. You can select apps to kill and stop running at start-up by using Optimize Toolbox, et al (search market). After managing your start-up just freeze Optimize Toolbox.

Q. Can you please add more fonts?
A. Fonts are already included.

Q. Why would I choose ChobitsDigitalis Rom?
A. Well, you may have stumbled on this page by accident or may be searching for roms on your own volition, no one forced you to download this rom or view this thread. You can make a choice if you want fast, stable and beautiful rom with a lot of features or just be contented in where you at right now. Either way this rom's objective is to make SGY development alive and healthy, so please support other roms out there. If you find a better rom, let me know. I may learn something new and innovative from it. Thanks!

Last edited:

CleZZiX

Apr 23, 2012
Bielefeld
Resaults.

So i flashed to Stock via Odin (S5360_XXLC1_ATOLB1_XXLC1)

[Test 1: (initial runtime report)] =
*Installed v1 booted into system, then reboot and updated to v1.8
#First Boot: Vibrates after 3min. waited 10min in Bootloop then i removed Battery and waited 30 seconds.
#Second Boot: No vibrate. Waited 10min again in Bootloop, removed Battery and rebooted.
#Third Boot: Vibrates after 30seconds. Waited 10min in Bootloop. I go to Test 2.

[Test 2: (issue isolation)] =
*Installed v1 booted into sytem, then reboot and updated again to v1.8, after 10minutes Bootloop i updated to v1.6.
Hanged in Bootloop for 10minutes, then battery remove and reboot. Hang again in Bootloop for 10minutes (yesterday it worked :/ )
[Then i tried this -> inside the zip file. go to system/app please delete systemui.apk, then framework folder delete framework.jar
reinstall v1 then apply the edited 1.8 update.
]
Flashed back to stock with Odin and start again with the edited 1.8 Update.
Okay, so i do the same, and hang in bootloop again :/ Proceed ->> Stock -> v1 -> edited v1.8 waited 10min. -> v1.6 waited 10min. in Bootloop.
Battery remove and waited 30seconds, then i retryd to boot but bootloop again.

[Test 3: (init.d stickiness)] =
Sorry i cant reach it, because the Bootloop =(

[Test 4: (kernel compatibility)] =

~ Vivek_kernel_build_V9_0 = Hanging in Samsung Galaxy Y Logo. (Waited 5minutes)
+~Battery remove and restart didnt change it.

~ Vivek_-_init.d_busybox = Still the same problem as Vivek_kernel_build_V9_0.
+~ Delvik and wipe didnt had an effect

~ MerrukTechnology Kernel Final Version 1.0.8 = Boots up into random boot animation.
+~ Vibrates after 2 Minutes.After 10minutes in Bootloop i removed the Battery for 30seconds then restart.
The old v1 Bootscreen is back (is it included in v1.8?) but hang in bootloop here too.
++~ After that i ''updated'' to v1.6, there is no bootscreen anymore (blackscreen). Only the Sound. After 5minutes, i removed the battery again :D wait for 30 seconds and restart, heeyy another random bootscreen =) it vibrates after a few seconds but bootloop again, waited 10minutes.
-Delvik -> reboot -> A new random bootscreen but bootloop again.
-Wipe -> reboot -> Booted, changes Language to German -> Blackscreen, can only setting the Volume up and down, open the Taskmanager and the Shutdown Menü.
-Force close Swype (input method)
-Force close Statur Bar (systemui)
-Force close Google.process.gapps
(The way i did -> Stock (Odin) -> V1 -> V1.8 [with modifided Kernel {boot.img}] (-> V1.6 only on Merruk Kernel)

(All updates via Stock Recovery. On Updates no wipes {Before every Test i flashed to Stock})

*My English is not the best. Hope you can understand it :/ *
*Can't post in the other Section. Sorry*

Greetings CleZZiX

Last edited:
Reactions: HCFroyd247

ringohei

Apr 25, 2012
Problem here, can you help me?

When i update "Samsung apps" and

its says:

Replace application

This is a system application
Do you still want to replace
it?

All Previous user data will
be saved.

AND when I click "OK" and click "Install"

its says "Application not installed"

Can u please help me..
can't open samsung apps

always said "Samsung apps update available. Update?"
but i cannot update..

sorry for my grammar

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
When i update "Samsung apps" and

its says:

Replace application

This is a system application
Do you still want to replace
it?

All Previous user data will
be saved.

AND when I click "OK" and click "Install"

its says "Application not installed"

Can u please help me..
can't open samsung apps

always said "Samsung apps update available. Update?"
but i cannot update..

sorry for my grammar

You can't update any system apps that came pre-loaded with ChobitsDigitalis ROM because it has been edited and skinned and have different keys/signature (those who know how to edit apk's know what I'm talking about).

For example:
Samsung-Apps.apk has a signature of CHOBITSKEY (example), If you would download any system app (Samsung/Google Apps) from Play Store, it has a different signature(SAMKEY/GOOGLEKEY -just an example) and will not be installed as it can only replace an app with the same signature.

Trying to update any system apps on SGY will be a waste of DATA allowance for users without unlimited data plan or wifi at home.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

How do I update any system apps?
market update returns error(different sign).

1. Install Link2SD from PlayStore
2. Download the update but do not install and save it on your SD Card
(not sure where downloaded files are located -ask around)
3. Open Link2SD and locate the app you want to update
4. Tap on app and select Actions
5. Select convert to User App
6. After converting, tap on it again and select Uninstall
7. Install the updated app you downloaded
8. Once installed, tap on it and select Actions > Convert to System App

-Google for the download or temp location for play store updates so you can backup the downloaded .apk for update. Sometimes it shows under "Downloads".

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

So i flashed to Stock via Odin (S5360_XXLC1_ATOLB1_XXLC1)

[Test 1: (initial runtime report)] =
*Installed v1 booted into system, then reboot and updated to v1.8
#First Boot: Vibrates after 3min. waited 10min in Bootloop then i removed Battery and waited 30 seconds.
#Second Boot: No vibrate. Waited 10min again in Bootloop, removed Battery and rebooted.
#Third Boot: Vibrates after 30seconds. Waited 10min in Bootloop. I go to Test 2.

[Test 2: (issue isolation)] =
*Installed v1 booted into sytem, then reboot and updated again to v1.8, after 10minutes Bootloop i updated to v1.6.
Hanged in Bootloop for 10minutes, then battery remove and reboot. Hang again in Bootloop for 10minutes (yesterday it worked :/ )
[Then i tried this -> inside the zip file. go to system/app please delete systemui.apk, then framework folder delete framework.jar
reinstall v1 then apply the edited 1.8 update.
]
Flashed back to stock with Odin and start again with the edited 1.8 Update.
Okay, so i do the same, and hang in bootloop again :/ Proceed ->> Stock -> v1 -> edited v1.8 waited 10min. -> v1.6 waited 10min. in Bootloop.
Battery remove and waited 30seconds, then i retryd to boot but bootloop again.

[Test 3: (init.d stickiness)] =
Sorry i cant reach it, because the Bootloop =(

[Test 4: (kernel compatibility)] =

~ Vivek_kernel_build_V9_0 = Hanging in Samsung Galaxy Y Logo. (Waited 5minutes)
+~Battery remove and restart didnt change it.

~ Vivek_-_init.d_busybox = Still the same problem as Vivek_kernel_build_V9_0.
+~ Delvik and wipe didnt had an effect

~ MerrukTechnology Kernel Final Version 1.0.8 = Boots up into random boot animation.
+~ Vibrates after 2 Minutes.After 10minutes in Bootloop i removed the Battery for 30seconds then restart.
The old v1 Bootscreen is back (is it included in v1.8?) but hang in bootloop here too.
++~ After that i ''updated'' to v1.6, there is no bootscreen anymore (blackscreen). Only the Sound. After 5minutes, i removed the battery again :D wait for 30 seconds and restart, heeyy another random bootscreen =) it vibrates after a few seconds but bootloop again, waited 10minutes.
-Delvik -> reboot -> A new random bootscreen but bootloop again.
-Wipe -> reboot -> Booted, changes Language to German -> Blackscreen, can only setting the Volume up and down, open the Taskmanager and the Shutdown Menü.
-Force close Swype (input method)
-Force close Statur Bar (systemui)
-Force close Google.process.gapps
(The way i did -> Stock (Odin) -> V1 -> V1.8 [with modifided Kernel {boot.img}] (-> V1.6 only on Merruk Kernel)

(All updates via Stock Recovery. On Updates no wipes {Before every Test i flashed to Stock})

*My English is not the best. Hope you can understand it :/ *
*Can't post in the other Section. Sorry*

Greetings CleZZiX

1. Download stock firmware then flash via Odin
2. Put SGY in recovery mode (press home + vol up + power, once you see sgy logo, press home + vol up + power [not vol up + home + power] AGAIN)
3. Install update from .zip (ChobitsDigitalis v1)
4. After installing, turn off phone and put it to recovery again and install v1.8 update
5. After installing, turn off phone and put it to recovery again and install the launcher you want (ADW/STOCK/LAUNCHER PRO) if you don't like bloated GOLAUNCHER (this is optional)
5. After installing, turn off phone and put it to recovery again and install GPS Fix (again, this is optional but recommended)
6. After installing, change your CSC by typing *#272*123456789000000(YOUR PHONE'S IMEI) -Why? Because the default CSC is Sun Cellular Network from Philippnes(already requested to change CSC to Generic PH CSC which is XTE[I think])
7. if you would skip step 6, do a factory reset, this ensures that the installation is fresh and no junks on the system.

-this is how I flash Chobits on my phone (i do it like 2-3 times a week, just for the heck of it. crazy huh?! :D) and did not have any problems except when I tried to flash Chobits GoLauncher for all densities -stuck at bootscreen.

sbfreak

Apr 15, 2012
Can someone please tell me how to change the Messages app theme. The avatar are no good and it's using too much space compared to the stock one.

Last edited:

Porobu

Oct 3, 2011
The "when" will happen if more users will do a beta test and will give helpful feedback. As far as I know v1. 8 includes a custom kernel which may increase my bin count that is why I didn't try it. I :D

Bin count only increases when you flas a non stock package from odin

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
@HCFroyd247
how do i install MIUI Player?:confused:
i flashed it using Skin1980 CWM. it says error on zip.installation aborted
how do i install this? please reply :)

Use the stock recovery. I did not encounter problems flashing any update (launcher/music player/mms app) with stock recovery.

I followed the same procedure as u said and my phone was stuck on the bootscreen restarting again and again

Try to flash stock firmware using Odin to make sure your phone's firmware is clean and no junk then follow the steps on how to flash this ROM.

good day xda developers. i installed a full version of chobits and upgraded it to v1.6
when i went to applanet to update the installed items. i cannot update them. what seems to be the problem? oh. and some of the apps on google play are not compatible with chobits. also maps forced closed.... can anyone help me? thanks in advance.. more power xda!!!!!

model
GT-s5360

android version

baseband version
S5360dxla1

kernel version
dpi@DELL169#1

build number
chobitsdigitalsv1.6

That is normal, the apps that came with this ROM have different signatures and the only way to have it updated is uninstall the app using links then install the updated app. I posted the steps here. Please do look for it. I'm on mobile right now, I can't link it here.

i flashed ur updates in mss in stock ROM but my mms can't be open it says force close can u give me some advice!!! what will i do??

Try clearing the cache then try flashing again.

anyone? please?

GUYS i cannot enter in the recovery mode!!!! why? i press vol up home button and power it start but still freeze to the image of android boot...

please anyone could help me?

You need to press HOME BUTTON + VOLUME UP BUTTON + POWER BUTTON, once you see the samsung galaxy young blah blah blah on your screen, press HOME BUTTON + VOLUME UP BUTTON + POWER BUTTON again and then after a second you will see the stock recovery.

PS. I am not spamming the board, I got nothing to do and there are unanswered posts (not sure though as I am using Mobile, some might have been answered :D )

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ChobitsDigitalis Rom Support Thread

Pp6MA3U.jpg

This thread is made specifically to address issues and inquiries about this rom, please feel free to ask questions and comments.

ChobitsDigitalis Rom Development Thread
    Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26312620

***UNDER MAINTENANCE
    Being Personal:)

BEING PERSONAL:)

Q. Who are you? Where are you from?
    A. My identity doesn't matter, I am a citizen of the "www", I am just like you, eager to learn and try new things.

Q. Why don't you post often or actively participate in forum discussions? Why aren't you a senior member?
    A. There are many members here that are quite legible to answers questions, some also act like moderators:) I post on relevant issues in which I strongly believe. I may not be a senior member but I have been with xda since 2005 when I still have a Himalaya and an O2xda phone. Been quite inactive for a while when I switched to symbian, I registered under the same username back then, I really don't know why my previous account is not available anymore, xda may have deleted it because of my long inactivity.

Q. Are you a snob? Why don't you answer my private messages or posts?
    A. Nope. I do not answer queries that has been already answered in the thread, I believe in the capability of members to search for answers. It is more satisfying that way.:)

Q. Your work sucks compare to others.
    A. Thank you very much. That is what I needed to make things better next time:)

Q. Can I be your friend/buddy?
    A. Atlast, someone asked:) Of course just add me up.

Q. What do you think is the best Android phone as of today?
    A. There are many great android phones to mention. But for price and practicality SGY/st15i/Wonder/a8181.

Q. I want to create a custom rom, can I use your Rom as my base?
    A. Sure. Just include the base rom's name and a link to my thread.

Q. Why don't you own a SGY?
    A. I sold it. SGY is my first Android phone, I have used emulators before and run Android OS natively on my pc before really dipping my toe to an Android phone.

Q. Where is your "press thanks!", "if I helped..", etc. taglines in your signature?
    A. I believe members will truly appreciate your work by pressing the "thanks" button without reminding them with the aid of those taglines. Your "thanks" are really appreciated. You are Welcome and Thank you very much!

Q. What is your work/job?
    A. secret. If I tell you, I am obliged to silence you:)

Q. Why aren't you always online?
    A. Believe it or not, I am always online. I maybe lurking around some sites other than xda, but I periodically check on other android developments here.

Q. Why choose "ChobitsDigitalis" as your rom's name?
    A. Chobits= from an anime, a persocom, an android.
    Digitalis= a plant that can aid/cure heart disease, but lethal if improperly used.

Q. Why dont you create an ICS themed rom?
    A. There are many ICS themed rom out there, it may look like ICS but certainly do not work/act like one. I personally want a custom themed gingerbread look. I would rather use a real ICS rather than a themed one. Do not get me wrong, I have nothing against ICS themers (I even commend them for their efforts:)) This is just my own personal opinion. If you want to create an ICS theme for this rom, I would really appreciate it because it gives users of this rom more options.

Q. What phone are you using now?
    A. I wonder.(?)

Q. What tools are you using to create a rom?
    A. ubuntu, cygwin for windows, apktool, xdatool, Adobe photoshop/fireworks, gimp, notepad++, etc.

Q. Can I post your rom to other websites/forums?
    A. Sure. just include the link this thread.

Q. Why do you like cyan/teal so much?
    A. Your guess is as good as mine. The same way you like black, blue, red, etc.

Q. Is this your last rom release?
    A. I do not know. I would like to see a working ICS, just like in mini, fit, gio, etc.

Q. Please help in developing CM7/CM9.
    A. It will be very difficult to work on that if i do not have the phone. But who knows.. someone may actually port or make CM9 from the source for SGY:) and gosh we need drivers!

Q. Can I mirror your links?
    A. Yes you can, under one condition please send me a PM for the mirrored links so I can include them here.

Q. What is your favorite Android app?
    A. Many to mention but mostly are Games!!!:)

Q. What do you think is the best rom for SGY?
    A. I would like to think it is "ChobitsDigitalis"!:) But there are many roms out there, please try them out and support their developers.

Q. Why post this? What are you thinking?
    A. Just for fun. I am thinking of your momma, teeheee:):):)
    18 Quick Debugging Questions

Feel free to answer questions. (you can skip items)

18 Quick Debugging Questions:

1. Is Wifi / GSM Signals working?
    2. Is the 14 Toggles feature set perfectly?
    3. Does the screen freeze when updating to the latest downloadable version?
    4. Is the User Interface easy to navigate?
    5. Is the keyboards (stock, gingerbread, swype) working with NO force-closes?
    6. Does the fonts pre-installed appear correctly on screen?
    7. Do you experience application crashes? eg. force-close, hang, lag, etc.
    8. Does a2sd and link2sd work?
    9. Do themes patch correctly?
    10. How is the performance of this ROM?
    11. Do other modified kernels works with this ROM?
    12. Do you have signal strength issues?
    13. How is your battery life after calibrating?
    14. What is your benchmark results? (can test using Antutu Benchmark tool, etc.)
    15. Does V6supercharger, st@matis, etc scripts work on this ROM?
    16. Is there any functionalities you want to add?
    17. How would you compare ChobitsDigitalis ROM to other custom rom available?
    18. Please rate this ROM from 1-10 ="n" for stability, performance, user experience.
    (ex. "n" =stability, "n" =performance, "n" =user experience)

Thank you very much for taking time to answer this questions, this will greatly help me in evaluating what needs to be done or fixed.

Enjoy your SGY!
    yes you can update. there will be no issue with system apps only icons will change and some customizations.