Search This thread

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */

*YOU NEED TO BE HTC UNLOCKED TO FLASH A CUSTOM RECOVERY!!!!!!*
If you are ONLY HTC unlocked you will need to follow the fastboot method to install, if you are HTC unlocked AND rooted, you can use the goo manager method.

Special credits:
toastcfh for assisting me in getting this working
Dees_Troy for the amazing work on TWRP 2.1
Full TeamWin credits are on the TWRP page on the TeamWin website: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.1, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Hoge.png

Key Features:

• Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
  • XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
  • Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
  • Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
  • Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)

What's new in 2.1:

• Zip queuing as seen in TWRP 1.1.x is back
  • Slider control (swipe to confirm most actions aka swipe to wipe)
  • Lockscreen (with slider to unlock)
  • Basic file manager (copy, move, delete, and chmod any file)
  • Added support for devices with /data/media (most Honeycomb tablets, new ICS devices like Galaxy Nexus)
  • Displays sizes of each partition in the backup menu
  • Added listbox GUI element (currently used for listing time zones)
  • Updated stock XML layouts to be more consistent and easier to port to different resolutions
  • XML layout files are significantly smaller
  • Partitions available backup are more accurate for some devices
  • Removed unneeded error messages (/misc errors, unable to stat sd-ext, etc.)
  • Fixed a bug with blkid detection code
  • Fixed bug where a blank line was inserted between every line of text during zip installs
  • Fixed a bug during zip installs where an invalid zip would cause TWRP to get stuck in the zip install
  • Added setting for themers to toggle simulation mode to make theming easier
  • New devices added - Galaxy Nexus GSM & CDMA (preview only, manual install), Acer Iconia Tab A500, HTC Vivid, Motorola Defy
  • Added support for .jpg images in the theme engine
  • Changed images for stock tablet theme - makes tablet builds about 500KB smaller
  • Removed unneeded non-GUI images from GUI - makes all builds about 100KB smaller
In addition to the above new features, TWRP 2.1.0 now features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe cache & dalvik, and run a backup.

Theming:

Information on TWRP 2 Theming - http://teamw.in/project/twrp2themers

Instructions
"fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img" in fastboot

Download

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
HTC Dumlock -- Now flash kernels in recovery without S-off

TWRP 2 Instructions:

1. Install the build of TWRP using your method of choice, but you must actually flash TWRP to recovery. No fastboot booting it. We need it in recovery so that this build of TWRP will be flashed to your boot. This new build of TWRP has features in it to easily restore your original boot.
  2. Reboot into recovery.
  3. Make a backup of your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced.
  5. Tap HTC Dumlock. (If you don't see HTC Dumlock then you need to remove any custom TWRP theme that you might be using.)
  6. Tap Install HTC Dumlock. This will install the app and binaries needed to make everything work nicely.
  7. Reboot your device.
  8. Find and open the HTC Dumlock app.
  9. If/when prompted, give the app root (SuperUser) permissions.
  10. Tap the Execute HTC Dumlock button.
  11. Wait patiently for a couple of minutes. It takes a little while.
  12. If your device doesn't reboot automatically, reboot it manually. Reboot it normally. DO NOT reboot it to recovery.
  13. You should now be in your recovery, but your recovery is flashed into boot.
  14. Tap Advanced.
  15. Tap HTC Dumlock.
  16. Tap Restore Original Boot.
  17. Use your recovery like normal. Flash a new kernel. Restore a backup with a different kernel. Do whatever you please!
  18. Consider donating!
Note, you must repeat steps 8 through 18 EVERY TIME you need to flash boot.

Last edited:
Reactions: MonsterNo7

cpie20

Jul 23, 2011
Can anyone upload this? I just rooted my phone.

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

aaronrw

Nov 16, 2011
A TOWN!
Will goomanager install this recovery for me? Thanks in Advanced still learning :confused:

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

aaronrw

Nov 16, 2011
A TOWN!
Can this be installed via terminal emulator by chance? I'm not too sure what the commands would be if so......:eek:

sentfromybrain

Alright somebody!!!!!!!

Reboot it normally. DO NOT reboot it to recovery.
[*]You should now be in your recovery, but your recovery is flashed into boot.
[*]Tap Advanced.
[*]Tap HTC Dumlock.
[*]Tap Restore Original Boot.
[*]Use your recovery like normal. Flash a new kernel. Restore a backup with a different kernel. Do whatever you please!
[*]Consider donating!
[/LIST]
Note, you must repeat steps 8 through 18 EVERY TIME you need to flash boot.[/QUOTE]

From here on I'm not sure if doing right I'm not a total noob and have done every step before this multiple times and cannot get to work when I reboot it normally it takes me straight to my rom not the recovery don't know what have done wrong

Sent from my One V using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

dafzuka

Jul 15, 2012
[/QUOTE] From here on I'm not sure if doing right I'm not a total noob and have done every step before this multiple times and cannot get to work when I reboot it normally it takes me straight to my rom not the recovery don't know what have done wrong[/QUOTE]

I couldn't ever getting working either. When I ran the app to install the required binaries, it said the procedure failed every time. When you finish that step is it saying the install passed?

From here on I'm not sure if doing right I'm not a total noob and have done every step before this multiple times and cannot get to work when I reboot it normally it takes me straight to my rom not the recovery don't know what have done wrong[/QUOTE]

I couldn't ever getting working either. When I ran the app to install the required binaries, it said the procedure failed every time. When you finish that step is it saying the install passed?[/QUOTE]

Me to all the bianerys install but I don't know if they go to right spot I get same failed message and everything

Sent from my One V using XDA Premium HD app

aaronrw

Nov 16, 2011
A TOWN!
It's currently broken because recovery is too large. It needs to be rebuilt with a stripped kernel to make it smaller

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

I know you develop for a different device but would you consider doing this, dumlock and goo manager installs would be amazing! Thanks for all you do here....

sentfromybrain

Reactions: sbkjuggalo
I know you develop for a different device but would you consider doing this, dumlock and goo manager installs would be amazing! Thanks for all you do here....

sentfromybrain

yes i agree strongly with the person up stairs it would be very very nice i understtand u are very busy and we dont mean to bother u guys but it would be nice to have that freedom and yes i do knw that simon and a few are working on a s-off but that has some time till it is done

Reactions: aaronrw

Hideaki02

Feb 3, 2010
Seattle
I'm not entirely sure who is building these, maybe they are just being automatically built by goo.im, but you can find new builds of TWRP2(latest one is 2.3.1.0 as of right now) over here: http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/primoc. I've flashed 2.3.1.0 and it is working perfectly on my VM PrimoC.

I figured many people may not even know about these, seeing as the OP has not been updated in a while. Can you shed some light on this, JMZ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */

*YOU NEED TO BE HTC UNLOCKED TO FLASH A CUSTOM RECOVERY!!!!!!*
    If you are ONLY HTC unlocked you will need to follow the fastboot method to install, if you are HTC unlocked AND rooted, you can use the goo manager method.

Special credits:
    toastcfh for assisting me in getting this working
    Dees_Troy for the amazing work on TWRP 2.1
    Full TeamWin credits are on the TWRP page on the TeamWin website: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.1, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Hoge.png

Key Features:

• Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    • XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
    • Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    • Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    • Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)

What's new in 2.1:

• Zip queuing as seen in TWRP 1.1.x is back
    • Slider control (swipe to confirm most actions aka swipe to wipe)
    • Lockscreen (with slider to unlock)
    • Basic file manager (copy, move, delete, and chmod any file)
    • Added support for devices with /data/media (most Honeycomb tablets, new ICS devices like Galaxy Nexus)
    • Displays sizes of each partition in the backup menu
    • Added listbox GUI element (currently used for listing time zones)
    • Updated stock XML layouts to be more consistent and easier to port to different resolutions
    • XML layout files are significantly smaller
    • Partitions available backup are more accurate for some devices
    • Removed unneeded error messages (/misc errors, unable to stat sd-ext, etc.)
    • Fixed a bug with blkid detection code
    • Fixed bug where a blank line was inserted between every line of text during zip installs
    • Fixed a bug during zip installs where an invalid zip would cause TWRP to get stuck in the zip install
    • Added setting for themers to toggle simulation mode to make theming easier
    • New devices added - Galaxy Nexus GSM & CDMA (preview only, manual install), Acer Iconia Tab A500, HTC Vivid, Motorola Defy
    • Added support for .jpg images in the theme engine
    • Changed images for stock tablet theme - makes tablet builds about 500KB smaller
    • Removed unneeded non-GUI images from GUI - makes all builds about 100KB smaller
    In addition to the above new features, TWRP 2.1.0 now features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe cache & dalvik, and run a backup.

Theming:

Information on TWRP 2 Theming - http://teamw.in/project/twrp2themers

Instructions
    "fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img" in fastboot

Download
    Can anyone upload this? I just rooted my phone.

Here's the recovery file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?n1iu92wpyba9s95
    Just a heads up on twrp web site they have 2.4.0 for us cdma I'm running a few things r changed but factory reset still produces errorwhen trying to wipe sd-ext

Sent from my primoc using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I'd imagine that's because you don't have an sd-ext partition on your sdcard? If you had one, it would wipe the ext partition on your sdcard. Since you don't, it just prints that error and continues on. No big deal, really.
    I did some testing and the One V will never be able to use dumlock. One V is more locked down that the EVO LTE, One S and One X.
    It's currently broken because recovery is too large. It needs to be rebuilt with a stripped kernel to make it smaller

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium