[CLOSED][ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod-10 for Optimus 2X - NIGHTLIES [Oct 30th 2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010
CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

I can't follow this thread anymore, 90% of it is people whining about the same crap over and over instead of reading what's been written already.

To those of you who actually bother to post logs and repro scenarios, I'm sorry, but I can't spend 20 minutes every day sifting through **** to get to your useful data; I'll go back to testing with people I know, it's slower but much less frustrating.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or anything else that happens to hardware that isn't my own. It's your own choice to install this software
 */

These are automated builds of CM10 for the LG Optimus 2x, and the first official builds post Gingerbread (CyanogenMod 7). They have nothing in common with the crap builds that floated around for the last year (including my own), and are composed of fully compatible native bits; in other words, there is no hardware function loss or degradation.
It's been tested to a reasonable extent, and should be usable on a daily basis, but as automated builds they can, at any time, get broken.

CM10 will apply as an update on top of CM7, but it's possible that the skipping of CM9 may cause issues. If you upgrade directly and start getting weird behaviors, try doing a factory reset before running around shouting "bug!". DeskClock is one application known to have issues with upgrading: for that one, clearing its data from Settings is usually sufficient. As usual, people coming from anything that isn't CM (and this includes CM unofficial builds) need to do a full factory reset (wipe).

On a related note: This works only with the older (GB or Froyo) bootloaders. People running leaked ICS builds will need to rollback.

Install instructions:
1. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for "p990". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine. If you already have a recovery known to work with CM7, you can skip this step.
2. Get the most recent CM10 build from http://get.cm/?device=p990
3. Reboot into recovery
4. BACKUP
5. Install the zip(s).

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

It's entirely possible that features not used by me (nor the people I've asked to test) are broken, but overall the device should be usable. You have been warned.

Contributions to CM (code or otherwise) are, as always, welcome; Please visit our wiki if you want to give us a hand!

Last edited:

deewhy

Jan 16, 2012
Does it matter which version of Clockwork Mod Recovery I have? I currently have version 5.0.2.7

Also, I keep seeing mentions of RIL and basebands? Is this something I need to worry about?
My Optimus 2X is rooted on stock 2.3.4

an8rwpofagos

Apr 11, 2012
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone involved in this effort. I, of course, also thanked the post of the op. :D

Tehloy

Jul 29, 2010
I don't know if this is the place to report bugs, but when I hold lock button to open the pop-up menu that switches the device off, the device freezes.
I'm going to do a data reset to check if it is only me who has the issue.

Reactions: nounou me

Remuzzz

Sep 8, 2007
Thx! Rom works great :)

Dunno if this is the place to post bugs, but I found a little one:

Can't select flashlight in power menu, it's greyed out.

But thanks RC, you've made my day! WOEHOEEE!!!

natalya

Jul 24, 2012
really nice job RC! well done and thx a lot!
anyone capable of making a flashable ZIP of the official ICS lockscreen so its flashable on this ROM? :D

Robin2

Jun 19, 2009
Really fast ROM. Testing!

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

tr@p

Jun 18, 2010
Zagreb
Subscribed! Thanks for your awesome work! Rom feels so smooth.

Downloading apps from GPlay right now! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

I can't follow this thread anymore, 90% of it is people whining about the same crap over and over instead of reading what's been written already.

To those of you who actually bother to post logs and repro scenarios, I'm sorry, but I can't spend 20 minutes every day sifting through **** to get to your useful data; I'll go back to testing with people I know, it's slower but much less frustrating.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, or anything else that happens to hardware that isn't my own. It's your own choice to install this software
     */

These are automated builds of CM10 for the LG Optimus 2x, and the first official builds post Gingerbread (CyanogenMod 7). They have nothing in common with the crap builds that floated around for the last year (including my own), and are composed of fully compatible native bits; in other words, there is no hardware function loss or degradation.
    It's been tested to a reasonable extent, and should be usable on a daily basis, but as automated builds they can, at any time, get broken.

CM10 will apply as an update on top of CM7, but it's possible that the skipping of CM9 may cause issues. If you upgrade directly and start getting weird behaviors, try doing a factory reset before running around shouting "bug!". DeskClock is one application known to have issues with upgrading: for that one, clearing its data from Settings is usually sufficient. As usual, people coming from anything that isn't CM (and this includes CM unofficial builds) need to do a full factory reset (wipe).

On a related note: This works only with the older (GB or Froyo) bootloaders. People running leaked ICS builds will need to rollback.

Install instructions:
    1. Install ClockworkMod Recovery for "p990". Sorry, CM cannot provide support for other recoveries, although they may work fine. If you already have a recovery known to work with CM7, you can skip this step.
    2. Get the most recent CM10 build from http://get.cm/?device=p990
    3. Reboot into recovery
    4. BACKUP
    5. Install the zip(s).

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

It's entirely possible that features not used by me (nor the people I've asked to test) are broken, but overall the device should be usable. You have been warned.

Contributions to CM (code or otherwise) are, as always, welcome; Please visit our wiki if you want to give us a hand!
    I have no idea of why people are complaining of battery issues. Both me and the people i've asked to test have awesome battery life. Wipe, stop ****ing around with system components, and let me know how that goes.

And speaking of system components... leave the radio alone.
    People dont you understand.
    Ricardo wants you all to stop messing around with BB and ril. F****** stop using RIL related apps.
    And stop annoying Ricardo with your ril BB complaints.
    I just ported a hackyish version of voodoo to the CM10 kernel, but i need to get 10 posts before I can post in the dev section. And there is a freakin' 5 minutes waiting time between posts?! I'll upload it here then!

I don't take credit for any of this, so dont blame me when your phone turns into a nuclear bomb after flashing this zip.

PS: Would someone be so kind as to post this in the Voodoo thread over in dev? Thanks in advance!
    Ok tonyp, I already thanked you for the info on the other thread, might as well thank you here. I didn't know they were the same, I've read people talking about v30a RIL and v30c RIL... so I think it is not strange to assume they are different...

Don't know where that attitude came from though... are you on your period? God knows my GF is *****y as hell when she's on hers...

The attitude comes from you (and others) constantly posting new ideas to change the RIL when everyone told you to stop messing around with it.

My personal highlight:
    I don't get you... the guy did an experiment and it worked, so he's sharing it with everyone. What's YOUR problem?
    If it works permanently (which I doubt it) it is a very nice achievement, even if RC told everyone not to touch RIL

He said don't touch the RIL for a reason but the next best thing everyone here does is doing exactly what you are told not to do and talking about "the forbidden fruit always tastes better" (that's another quote from you).
    No one cares what you do with your phone, but if you're told to stop messing around with the RIL and you still do it, at least don't clutter the thread about it.