[Cerebellum ROM] HTC Surround 7.8 RTM Build 8858

Search This thread

larsstolwijk

Mar 15, 2010
Bodegraven
So,

Here's the first ever ROM I cooked. It's the first 7.8 RTM build for the HTC Surround. (Build 7.10.8858.136)
It has a full unlock and some preinstalled apps (you're free to delete them).

If there's anything you need help with, let me know.
I hope I can help you or customize the ROM to further needs. Please keep in mind that it's the first ROM I ever cooked, so there could be some imperfections. But as far as I experienced, it's very stable.

Ofcourse you'll need HSPL on your Surround (search the forum for help on that)

Changelog:

V2:
-Instead of 3 languages, now 24 of the most common languages.
-Bugfix related to bootloop when charging.

Download Cerebellum ROM V2: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=21D54EBC8F0ABEE2!36161

Have fun, and let me know what you think of it!
If you really like it, or want to thank me, you can give me a donation :)

Regards

Last edited:

taki7610

Sep 20, 2006
Viet Nam
www.pdaviet.net
Rom perfect, thank so much , some picture after flash your rom :D

ScreenCapture1_zpsbd42da53.jpg
ScreenCapture_zps22000929.jpg

deduce

Jul 3, 2008
Thank you so much for this. Battery lasted all day, everything works quickly, and I've run into no issues. You did a fantastic job with the rom.

Only annoyance is that doing a Google search from the IE address bar directs to Vietnamese Google (can't post links) but its nothing major.

Thank you again. I was worried everyone (including HTC) had given up on the Surround.

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
can i flash ur rom over my HTC SURROUND AT&T UNLCOKED FOR USING ANY OTHER SIM AND HAS DFT 7713 CUSTOM ROM.

ahmedamer010

Feb 23, 2008
In the name of God
First rum fully or some problems like that are working R strut all Matousel Ba electricity or battery be empty Please IDs solution thanks???????

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
Yesterday i flashed my htc surroudn for the first time with DFT 8772 mango rom bcause ur link wasnt working. So now my phone config is this:
img20130108181009.jpg
and it is at&t phone but unlcoked to use other sims. So i just wanted to confirm whether ur rom will work on this :) and can u plz tellme on which rom it is based ? and will it change my bootloader?

larsstolwijk

Mar 15, 2010
Bodegraven
Yesterday i flashed my htc surroudn for the first time with DFT 8772 mango rom bcause ur link wasnt working. So now my phone config is this:
img20130108181009.jpg
and it is at&t phone but unlcoked to use other sims. So i just wanted to confirm whether ur rom will work on this :) and can u plz tellme on which rom it is based ? and will it change my bootloader?

Dear aarrun,

My phone is an At&T branded phone too, but my rom unlocks it. So you can use any sim card from any provider.
Your bootloader won't be changed, it's just an other system version :)
If you need more information, let me know. Good luck!

Reactions: aarrun

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
ok thnx :). i ask questions becoz i m new to windows flashing and its really very difficult than android. i will flash and then report u about the rom :) thnx for ur help and concern :).

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
bro...i was able to successfully flash ur rom in 1 attempt :)....thnx a ton....really thnx a ton...... infinty ton to you and giov87....both helped me a lot :)...and the rom is great :D.very nice. 1more thing yesterday i flashed DFT rom it had a RUU.exe but everything was in chinese so i just did guess work. But in ur rom the RUU.exe every instruction is in English :). So can i use ur RUU.exe in every other rom where the RUU.exe is chinese which i cant understnd.? here is an image
28288409.png

larsstolwijk

Mar 15, 2010
Bodegraven
bro...i was able to successfully flash ur rom in 1 attempt :)....thnx a ton....really thnx a ton...... infinty ton to you and giov87....both helped me a lot :)...and the rom is great :D.very nice. 1more thing yesterday i flashed DFT rom it had a RUU.exe but everything was in chinese so i just did guess work. But in ur rom the RUU.exe every instruction is in English :). So can i use ur RUU.exe in every other rom where the RUU.exe is chinese which i cant understnd.? here is an image
28288409.png

You can indeed use my RUU.exe for that. to do so you need to put the RUU_signed.nbh from the rom you want to flash inside the folder of my rom with the english RUU.exe (remember to save my RUU_signed.nbh somewhere else). It's isn't recommended to use this RUU.exe for an other smarthpone than the HTC Surround. Good luck!

Top Liked Posts