Missing SD Card Space

Search This thread

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington
So, my SD Card is a 16 gig, I'm on free gs3 v3.0, but, checking memory, I have 7.41gig of total size??? I know I'm not the best at math, and I know the advertised size it actually a hundred mbs less than said, but over half of my sd card space missing? Not to mention my rom size is somewhere around 600-800 mbs.. Anyone know where all of my memory is? Just went through all my storage and not sure

I just mean none of this adds up..

Internal memory is meant to be 16gigs, maybe a little less,
My external, is 16 gigs,

Total internal im getting is 11.96gigs
External, 7.41gigs.

Is there something major Im missing? I only have about 1 gig of data used on my external and like 2 internal.

Last edited:

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Try flashing another rom (make a backup first) and see if the problem persists. You may have to reformat your sdcard if it does persist

Sent from my PG06100

adio01

Mar 20, 2011
Minneapolis
So, my SD Card is a 16 gig, I'm on free gs3 v3.0, but, checking memory, I have 7.41gig of total size??? I know I'm not the best at math, and I know the advertised size it actually a hundred mbs less than said, but over half of my sd card space missing? Not to mention my rom size is somewhere around 600-800 mbs.. Anyone know where all of my memory is? Just went through all my storage and not sure

My external, is 16 gigs,

External, 7.41gigs.

Is there something major Im missing? I only have about 1 gig of data used on my external and like 2 internal.

Is this the stock SD card that comes with your S3? Hopefully you didn't get a fake one with less capacity. Nandroids take up a lot of SD space along with any games you might have downloaded.

Reactions: CNexus

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington
When I first got it, my sd card showed 16 gigs on my computer. It's not fake. And not nandroids taking space

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Android Attack

Feb 2, 2013
Ohio
Have you been flashing ROMs recently? If so, which Android versions were they?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My external, is 16 gigs,

External, 7.41gigs.

Is this the stock SD card that comes with your S3? Hopefully you didn't get a fake one with less capacity. Nandroids take up a lot of SD space along with any games you might have downloaded.